787 Billion to create 600,000 new Job. OOPPPS My bad

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

787 Billion to create 600,000 new Job. OOPPPS My bad

Post by CUDA »

so it appears while our economy is losing 600,000 job a week, our \"Stimulus\" plan will be spending 787 billion to create 1 weeks worth of lost jobs (600,000). but OOOOPS its seems 125K of those jobs will be summer jobs. the kind that high school kids usually get.

so if my math is correct that is $131,166.000 PER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW I am SOOO glad we have Politicians pretending to be buisness men.

these guys are staring to piss me off like a bus load of illegal immigrants :P
The administration decided to renew support for the $787 billion recovery plan by accelerating the release of funds from federal agencies. Money will be tapped to open up health centers, increase airport construction, keep teachers and law enforcement employed and make available 125,000 \"summer youth jobs.\"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/electio ... ulus-jobs/
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: 787 Billion to create 600,000 new Job. OOPPPS My bad

Post by Duper »

CUDA wrote:so it appears while our economy is losing 600,000 job a week, our "Stimulus" plan will be spending 787 billion to create 1 weeks worth of lost jobs (600,000). but OOOOPS its seems 125K of those jobs will be summer jobs. the kind that high school kids usually get.

so if my math is correct that is $131,166.000 PER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these guys are staring to piss me off like a bus load of illegal immigrants :P
The administration decided to renew support for the $787 billion recovery plan by accelerating the release of funds from federal agencies. Money will be tapped to open up health centers, increase airport construction, keep teachers and law enforcement employed and make available 125,000 "summer youth jobs."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/electio ... ulus-jobs/

*fixed*
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Duper wrote:
I'll see your Facepalm and raise you a
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

fold
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

As long as the media is willing to let him claim to have \"saved jobs\" the number of jobs lost will have no meaning since he can simply say it would have been worse without his heroic efforts.

For eight years we heard every attempt at spin by the Bush White House shredded by the relentless champions of the people and the media and pop culture took no time off ridiculing any attempt by team Bush to put a happy face the results of their policy.
One would think, from listening to the left for eight years, that once they got in power they would finally bring us integrity and honor to the process. They loudly boasted to deliver at least that much and Obama himself ran completely on the single mantra of Change we can believe in\"...

Well listen to them now!
***crickets***
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Goes to show, the old Roosevelt fix may not apply to the new economic global reality. That's what the Dems are forgetting about, it's not just a U.S. problem now. It's going to take a global effort.

As for Bush, his tax reforms didn't do much to help either during his eight years, unless you were already rich, then you made out like a banshee, but it got progressively worse for the average wage slave during his tenure. Can you see a pattern here? :wink:
Blaze
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blaze »

Who is that guy CUDA posted below Captain Picard?
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

CUDA wrote:so it appears while our economy is losing 600,000 job a week
Your own link contradicts you:
The link wrote:He stressed the fact that the number of jobs lost in May -- 345,000 -- was far less than in prior months
Which is 11,500 a day, or 80,500 a week.
Cuda wrote:our "Stimulus" plan will be spending 787 billion to create 1 weeks worth of lost jobs (600,000).
Aside from the mistake you made above, you're assuming that the entire stimulus plan will be spent during the summer, which won't be the case. Here is a link that I quickly google'd that shows that only 6% had been spent by mid-May:
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archiv ... ng_so_far/
Since your link says that they will be upping the spending, we will see it increasing past 6%, but there is no reason to think it will be close to 100%.
Cuda wrote:so if my math is correct
So essentially it isn't even close.

-----

Unless this is another example of "conservative humor," which I have been accused of not understanding in the past, I know you can be more intellectually responsible than what you showed above. Come on, I even suck at economics...
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

CUDA wrote:
Duper wrote:
I'll see your Facepalm and raise you a
PWND!

:cry:

:lol:

Well served sir!
Drakona
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Drakona »

Will Robinson wrote:As long as the media is willing to let him claim to have "saved jobs" the number of jobs lost will have no meaning since he can simply say it would have been worse without his heroic efforts.
True. Though by his own numbers, he's hurt about as much as he thought he'd help. So he's clearly done something wrong . . . ;)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Here's the real laugher. When ever unemployment figures were better than expected, the Libs and their media pets always came up with reasons why the figure were bad.

To wham bam thank you mam the stimulus bill through congress, Obama and friends said the stimulus bill was needed to keep the unemployment at 8% or less. So like good sheeples, congress passed the Porkulus Bill.
So what do we have today? 9.4% unemployment. And where are the same media hucksters today that complained about unemployment figures back in Bush's era? Why we have these kind of deeply inciteful stories:

\"These jobless folks, usually singles in their 20s and 30s, find that life without work agrees with them. Instead of punching the clock, they're hitting the beach.\"
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 1684.story

Next step is to start printing more money and Jimmy Carter years, here we come.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

President Obama's favorite song
Rush 2112 wrote:ATTENTION ALL PLANETS OF THE SOLAR FEDERATION.
ATTENTION ALL PLANETS OF THE SOLAR FEDERATION.

We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
:P
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Drakona wrote:So he's clearly done something wrong . . .
I'd like to see him actually try spending the money.
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Insurrectionist »

Tebo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Tebo »

CUDA wrote: so if my math is correct that is $131,166.000 PER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well it isn't :P
$1,311,666.667 per job would be a better approximation, but who really cares about a factor of ten...
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Jeff250 wrote: Unless this is another example of "conservative humor," which I have been accused of not understanding in the past, I know you can be more intellectually responsible than what you showed above. Come on, I even suck at economics...
I respect your ability to fight the good fight, but this forum has really succumb to mob mentality as of late.

See above.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

dunno Goob. It's looking like a clear case of false SoMD. :(Spending of Mass Destruction)
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

CUDA wrote:so if my math is correct that is $131,166.000 PER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I agree that's ludicrous, and someone with any amount with common sense would agree.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by dissent »

Jeff250 wrote:
Drakona wrote:So he's clearly done something wrong . . .
I'd like to see him actually try spending the money.
hey now. it takes time to print that much money ...

Will Robinson wrote: One would think, from listening to the left for eight years, that once they got in power they would finally bring us integrity and honor to the process. ...

Well listen to them now!
***crickets***
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

wow, so that's what it feels like when a carbonated beverage exits your nose at high speed. :P