Ebola! [Split from Russian Lacky's Admit]

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Ebola! [Split from Russian Lacky's Admit]

Post by flip »

"Ebola is such a rare disease that no more than 300 medical and public health professionals have experience with outbreaks, said Dr. Ksiazek's former colleague at the CDC, Pierre Rollin, who has been in West Africa for most of the past four months."
That's my only issue with it. If you have a disease that only exists in some of the nastiest places on Earth, and you have very little experience with it, good sense dictates that you do not transport it.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Four days after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention concluded its investigation into June's accidental anthrax exposure, more details are being released about the government health agency's mishandling of potentially dangerous pathogens.

The CDC concluded its investigation into the anthrax incident last week, saying that no lab workers had been infected with the disease. But the public health agency's report also detailed other instances in which lab workers had not followed protocol.
Just what makes you believers in the CDC think they are not prone to incompetence? Still feel safe?
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote:Just what makes you believers in the CDC think they are not prone to incompetence? Still feel safe?
because to date, they've been doing an outstanding job.

I absolutely do feel safe. In fact, I trust the CDC implicitly.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

let's face it , Ferno....the same people whose little fears lead to their gun ownership decisions, their life lessons for their kids, their opinions on black, brown and Muslim people are going to be quaking little cowards over Ebola.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Hear that tc…you have just been equated with a bigot.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:Hear that tc…you have just been equated with a bigot.
I'm not a bigot. I just have a healthy dose of skepticism when doctors and the medical "authorities" say they know best......always. Never say never. :wink:

However, I happened to watch Colbert's skewering of Fox New's freakout about the very same thing I was "commenting" on here. I'm tossing off this tin hat if it's come down to a meme that Fox News would came up with. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

tunnelcat wrote:I'm not a bigot. I just have a healthy dose of skepticism when doctors and the medical "authorities" say they know best......always. Never say never. :wink:

However, I happened to watch Colbert's skewering of Fox New's freakout about the very same thing I was "commenting" on here. I'm tossing off this tin hat if it's come down to a meme that Fox News would came up with. :P

hate to say "we told ya so" but...

we told ya so.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:let's face it , Ferno....the same people whose little fears lead to their gun ownership decisions, their life lessons for their kids, their opinions on black, brown and Muslim people are going to be quaking little cowards over Ebola.
The only real cowards hear are people like slick who put their personal safety in the hands of others and then will cry when those others fail to protect them. Kinda like the Occupy Wall Street crowd that pisses and moans how they are not getting their fair share because they are not given it. Keep telling us what a brave man you are slick because you were born with a silver spoon up your ass and don't have to live in a environment where crime is not a everyday event.
Pardon me if you are not the type I'd want standing with me if the horse pucky hit the fan.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Pardon me, but you are the type of fool that brings such pucky toward the fan, so feel free to stand as far away as you can.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Awww, look, slick is throwing vacuous replies out in the hopes they will be viewed as masterful. Isn't he cute.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Awww, look, slick is throwing vacuous replies out in the hopes they will be viewed as masterful. Isn't he cute.
given your prior post in this thread, you manage both irony and hilarity all in one! Kudos! :lol:
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

He's on drugs man. no other explanation fits.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tell me Ferno, how does it feel to be a sidekick?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Tell me Ferno, how does it feel to be a sidekick?
how does it feel to have become a joke?
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

If I can make people laugh, I'm all for it. Unlike you, at least I'm doing something positive.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

< Looks around, finds no trace of legitimate discussion in recent posts >

Yep, we're done here.