Why is it that "Liberal" has come to mean stupid

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Why is it that "Liberal" has come to mean stupid

Post by woodchip »

In Milwaukee County, WI the democratic sheriff was running for re-election. Since he was pro 2nd amendment and told the people in his jurisdiction that they would be well served to keep a firearm in the house and learn how to use it. Ex-mayor and mighty billionaire Bloomberg comes along and thinks here is a easy mark to score points for Bloomberg's quest to disarm America. Afterall the sheriff is in a solid blue county so should be easy pickings. Too bad Bloomberg wasn't smart enough to understand WI as a state is big on hunting and big on owning firearms. So after dropping hundreds of thousands of dollars to help defeat the "off the plantation" sheriff and get a more anti-gun sheriff to replace him, Bloomberg spirals out of control, crashes and burns in defeat. \O/ Mikey. So by stupidly not doing his homework, Bloomberg comes away looking the fool. So keep on trying to to disarm America Mr Bloomberg. If you are interested I have a few bridges you might be interested in.

Edited so some people can get beyond a lack of proof reading on my part.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: Why is it that "Liberal" has come to mean stupid

Post by Isaac »

Because liberals think gun free zones are gun free.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

reaching a bit for that equivalence, Woody. Really. :roll:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

No more than you do.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Anyone notice how this is supposed to mirror slick's previous post but does an incredibly poor job of it? No link for reference, and a hardly intelligible paragraph filed with wild assumptions. If anything, this adds weight to the notion that "'Conservative' has come to equal 'Ignorant'?"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I'm sorry vision, I didn't realize that you were one of the low information voters. That Bloomburg gave money to fund attack ads against the the incumbent Sheriff is well known. That the attack ads didn't work and the sheriff was re-elected is fact. I didn't realize someone like you needs a link to verify something I was merely commenting about. Too bad the real ignorance is so glaring.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

So in your mind, Bloomburg didn't know people in Wisconsin were pro gun and that is the only issue they voted on? How likely do you think that is?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Evidently the attack ads that Bloomburg sponsored highlighted the gun issue as painting the sheriff as a pro-gun maniac. I'm sure there could have been a broader debate if Bloomberg didn't get involved.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

and that invalidates vision's entire point about this thread, how?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

They buy into the latest propaganda and believe whatever the "experts" tell them without any question or independent research.
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:and that invalidates vision's entire point about this thread, how?
This has nothing to do with a need for Validation. you didn't like what Rush said so you came out with a thread Directly slapping conservatives.

Woody didn't like what Bloomberg said so he came out with a thread Directly slapping liberals. see the connection??

I guess its easy to dish out, but not so easy to take when they hit back huh?
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Actually, I believe slick's point was to draw attention to the pattern of stupid statements from conservative mouthpieces, using Rush as an example, for which there is no liberal equivalent. As a rebuttal, this thread is a fail.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Do you mean that there are no liberal mouthpieces, or just no stupid ones…either choice is a laugh.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Vision, you mean the thread where slick cited a complete misrepresentation of what was said? Repeated it as if he believed it as true and then when corrected on his failure tried to maintain his ignorant position of 'look how hateful he was' by continuing to misrepresent what was said and who it was attributed to in that commentary he likely never listened to in the fist place else he wouldn't have been so wrong about it?
That thread?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote:Actually, I believe slick's point was to draw attention to the pattern of stupid statements from conservative mouthpieces, using Rush as an example, for which there is no liberal equivalent. As a rebuttal, this thread is a fail.
And this isn't a thread to point at attempts from liberal mouth pieces, using Bloomburg as a example, to use their millions and billions to stupidly attack pro gun candidates? The only fail here is certain people trying to conveniently fail to see the equivalency .
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:...to use their millions and billions to stupidly attack pro gun candidates?
Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by fail. Every election has winners and losers and the money goes to lots of places, even when no victory is expected. Those ads probably get the expected results, if there is no expectation of winning. The people who play these political games have teams of strategists that rival the greatest war rooms. It's similar to how the US goes and bombs a country to destabilize it rather than conquer it. Now, I have no idea what Mr. Bloomberg's goal was, but you can be sure the use of every penny of that campaign was calculated against the return on investments. It's all business, guy.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

When I read the OP, I felt like I was watching a bad parody of John Stewart.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:Vision, you mean the thread where slick cited a complete misrepresentation of what was said? Repeated it as if he believed it as true and then when corrected on his failure tried to maintain his ignorant position of 'look how hateful he was' by continuing to misrepresent what was said and who it was attributed to in that commentary he likely never listened to in the fist place else he wouldn't have been so wrong about it?
That thread?
I listened to the whole of the commentary on which I posted BEFORE posting a written article about it.....which, I took some pains(likely not enough for this crowd) to point out was over the top. Still, the ignorance displayed by Rush in it was still sufficiently mind-numbing in its stupidity content. Especially for a man who has been to rehab. And, yes, any equivalence in this thread is lacking, to be charitable.
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:Vision, you mean the thread where slick cited a complete misrepresentation of what was said? Repeated it as if he believed it as true and then when corrected on his failure tried to maintain his ignorant position of 'look how hateful he was' by continuing to misrepresent what was said and who it was attributed to in that commentary he likely never listened to in the fist place else he wouldn't have been so wrong about it?
That thread?
I listened to the whole of the commentary on which I posted BEFORE posting a written article about it.....which, I took some pains(likely not enough for this crowd) to point out was over the top. Still, the ignorance displayed by Rush in it was still sufficiently mind-numbing in its stupidity content. Especially for a man who has been to rehab. And, yes, any equivalence in this thread is lacking, to be charitable.
why is it that 'Conservative' has come to equal' Ignorant'?
no pains in that title....... you went right for the throat for every conservative member on this board..

and when Woody did the same in reverse, all the "Liberals" on this board got all pissy about it. ***Shrug*** if you don't like it. don't start it

Now that we have all settled it.

Conservative = Ignorant
Liberal = Stupid

so now we can move on here and "maybe" have some worth while discussion :roll: I wont get my hopes up.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

CUDA wrote:Conservative = Ignorant
Liberal = Stupid
Now you are finally beginning to understand the viewpoint of moderates.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Krom wrote:
CUDA wrote:Conservative = Ignorant
Liberal = Stupid
Now you are finally beginning to understand the viewpoint of moderates.
:P :mrgreen:

Moderate= if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
:P :P :P :P :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

CUDA wrote:
Why does the term "moderate" evoke the idea of "apathetic"?

Many folks describe themselves as "moderate" because they take strong issue with things on both sides. And people who genuinely don't care don't normally use that term (they just say "I don't care").
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I
Foil wrote:
CUDA wrote:

Many folks describe themselves as "moderate" because they take strong issue with things on both sides. And people who genuinely don't care don't normally use that term (they just say "I don't care").
I take issues with lots of things on both the competing plantations.
But I don't consider myself a 'moderate'. I am enthusiastically invested in supporting common sense regardless of who it hurts.

There are people who seek out the 'middle ground' as it is defined by the ideological territory claimed by the R's and D's. These self proclaimed moderates think that makes them reasonable and thoughtful...intelligent...

They have fooled themselves into thinking they are on the correct side of everything. In reality they have, by neglect or wilful ignorance, perpetuated the status quo problem and are at least half way wrong more often than not.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Foil wrote:
CUDA wrote:

missed the :P :P :P :P :P huh?

:P :P :P :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Moderate= Stupid half the time, Ignorant the other half. :wink:
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Spidey wrote:Moderate= Stupid half the time, Ignorant the other half. :wink:
:lol: :mrgreen:

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

WTH why not! A moderate is someone who avoids all extremes and relies solely on their own investigation.

EDIT: Someone not afraid to say they don't know and to point out others do not either. A moderate allows for error.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Political tribalism is stupid.
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

If this one lack of success is a yardstick of stupid, I got to wondering where we put Karl Rove and the NRA political committee? In the 2012 election, Rove had a 3% success rate on campaigns he put money into, the NRA came in at a whopping 0.8%
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

one must ask the question.

Who cares?????

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:one must ask the question.

Who cares?????
frankly, beyond puzzlement at the whole logic behind this thread, no real reason to.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Which is it slick? The NRA is the all powerful lobby that is the only thing keeping all of America from getting the gun control you think they want and need...or the NRA is useless?

You flop around on that a lot.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:Which is it slick? The NRA is the all powerful lobby that is the only thing keeping all of America from getting the gun control you think they want and need...or the NRA is useless?
the political lobby is powerful, the election campaign committee is useless. Nothing in life is all or nothing, someday you'll get that.
You flop around on that a lot.
no, I can see detail better than you, apparently.
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

callmeslick wrote:the political lobby is powerful, the election campaign committee is useless.
Yeah it seems to be a hell of a lot easier, cheaper, and more efficient to buy the elected rather than buying the public.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:
callmeslick wrote:the political lobby is powerful, the election campaign committee is useless.
Yeah it seems to be a hell of a lot easier, cheaper, and more efficient to buy the elected rather than buying the public.
That depends on the constituency you are trying to buy. Some are smarter than others.
Some can be had for nothing more than a vague promise of 'hope and change'...
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

can't resist being ignnorant, huh, will?.....a classic low information voter, I see.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Considering how you spelled " ignnorant " I'd say Will is far more capable than you.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I think we're done here.