Ethics question

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Ethics question

Post by callmeslick »

I'll be disappearing for a few days, as my daughter is getting married, here at the Delaware house, on Friday. After a reception, she and spouse are off for a short weekend honeymoon. Mrs. Slick and I are in charge of their 3 children(all under the age of 5), our beloved grandkids, until about noon on Monday. Is it ethical for us to get even by loading the little tackers up with cake, ice cream and donuts in the last two hours on Monday before pickup?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Ethics question

Post by Krom »

You forgot caffeinated beverages roughly 30 minutes before the hand off.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

ethics definitely take a back seat to behind the scenes parenting tactics in many ways so...
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

HELL YES it's written in to the Constitution of Grandparenting
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Have a good time at the wedding!
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I'd keep the little demons locked up in a room all weekend. Released they be worse than on a sugar high.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

callmeslick wrote:I'll be disappearing for a few days, as my daughter is getting married, here at the Delaware house, on Friday. After a reception, she and spouse are off for a short weekend honeymoon. Mrs. Slick and I are in charge of their 3 children(all under the age of 5), our beloved grandkids, until about noon on Monday. Is it ethical for us to get even by loading the little tackers up with cake, ice cream and donuts in the last two hours on Monday before pickup?

Absolutely! you're not the one who has to take care of them afterwards, so let er rip!
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Final status: bar stocked, food prepped, house prettied up, children rehearsed their parts........time to grit my teeth and see my daughter get married.
See y'all in about a week!
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Have fun! :)
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Back intact....all went well and the world as we know it did not cease to exist, I note by reading the news.
George Orwell---"1984"