Speech here

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Speech here

Post by woodchip »

Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Speech here

Post by woodchip »

Wish I could read lips.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And looks like he is being well received

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Great Speech. He got more standing ovations in that one speech than Obama got in the past 6 years.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

you clearly have never seen Obama speak. Bibi got partisan standing ovations, and accomplished NOTHING. It was the same scare-mongering stuff that the GOP eats up and the rest of the naton ignores at this point.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Right.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

As Obama later noted, whilst I was out with the middle grandchild at Dr.Seuss day, nothing new in that speech. Further it was flat out sensationalist and wrong headed. I hope the Israeli people see how truly self-serving and dubious Bibi's approach is, and make him pay at the polls in a couple weeks.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I guess I should point out that this is satire, but it IS the exact point Bibi has shown in the past 48 hours:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/netany ... esp,38128/
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:Great Speech. He got more standing ovations in that one speech than Obama got in the past 6 years.
http://news.yahoo.com/netanyahu-offered ... 01274.html

Considering he didn't give anyone an actual plan, other than to say Iran must capitulate, or get a regime change. That's a plan???? How do we do that??? Nuke them ourselves? That'll go over well. :roll:

Uh huh, I'd say he gave a bang up speech to a bunch of like-minded sycophants. There was so much butt kissing that their faces turned brown. It matches what the Republicans have been yelling about for years. All that BS and saber rattling, but NO CONCRETE PLANS as to how they would go about fighting such a war. For example, how are we going to get enough troops this time to fight that war, how will we get all our allies to fight along side us and how will we get enough money to pay for that war. All Bush did was give us 2 inept failed wars, a Middle East that's now a hotbed of terrorists and a major debt we are STILL paying off. Details, details conservatives, if you don't like what Obama has been doing, come up with a plan that the American people will support and that actually makes sense. Maybe they should take a lesson and read a little Sun Tzu.
Sun Tzu wrote:The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.
Sun Tzu wrote:The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

well said, TC
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Funny how our local lib commentator even said Netanyahu speech was great and Obama's response was poor.

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:Funny how our local lib commentator even said Netanyahu speech was great and Obama's response was poor.
Well, that settles it then! Case closed!
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

hell, before everyone gets all ugly, thanks for the link in the OP. Both for those that missed it, or those that wish to hear it again. OK, return to savagery now. :wink:
George Orwell---"1984"
Z..
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Z.. »

Hey, if Israel is worried about Iran then let them do something about it. Israel is part of the big club, they have an outstanding military, why can't they just do what they need to do instead of crying to us about it?

Fight your own battles Ben. You should've learned that in the third grade. Oh wait, Iran isn't the bunch of starving Palestinians that you usually shoot at? Sucks to be them.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

want to experience something both disturbing and mildly funny? Go back and find a link to Bibi's warnings about the dangers of Iraq, in 2002, before Congress, and then go listen to yesterday's blather. Fool me one.......etc.
George Orwell---"1984"
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Starving Palestinians? Good grief, i hope you back that that up with oodles of weired, biased, lets get a few more ratings for our sponsors, news links. I'll meanwhile, tell you i, and many many others in my area have sold bananas,mangoes, dates, Lychee, grapefruit, apples, livestock...ect all year. We do great business with each other, all the time. You haven't a clue what you're talking about.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

beyond the comment on Z's remark(I think he was talking about Gaza residents,but not about to speak for him), what was YOUR impression of that speech yesterday, FC? How did it play in Israel? Like I said, going back and looking at the lies and bull★■◆● Bibi spouted about Iraq in 2002 made yesterday's speech even MORE suspect. And, the negotiations with Iran continued this morning, without a slowup, so it had ZERO effect upon the US. The visit, on the other hand, might have cost your nation support it previously had, in some corners of the US.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And his speech might also have added support. Stop guessing.

Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

I know he was talking about Gaza, Slick, so was i.

As for the speech, what can i tell you? I have very little respect for Bibi as a politician on domestic issues...local economics, social issues ect, and his foreign policy is rather slapstick. I sat with a mixed bunch of people this morning over coffee; Christians , Muslims and Jews, and i asked them if maybe there is something we're all missing. Maybe there's a good cop / bad cop kind of situation going on...we all pretty much agreed he made a fool of himself and changed the subject to football. ( i will admit, to save those who will reply, that the group sitting at coffee this morning, do not represent the opinions of Israel as a whole ;-) )

btw , my son goes in the army next Wednesday...expect me to be extra annoying over the next 3 years.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

feel for the stress. My nephew(who was my dependent) served in Bosnia, in a far more safe situation than most Israeli posts, and I didn't really rest until he returned. Be well, and thanks for the reply.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

FC I can only imagine what you are feeling. I'm thankful we don't have compulsory service here in the states as I would be more than distressed if my daughter had to serve. Lets us know from time to time how your son is doing.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So the cartoon appears to make Obama Bens poodle.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sorta looks like an amused onlooker to me. As are most of us out in the real world. Netanyahu has ZERO credibility. A perfect fit for the clowns that invited him. Loved how they used Bibi for cover while they caved on Homeland Security funding!!
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

The only idiot was Obama showing his petulance about Ben being invited to speak instead of in turn welcoming a head of state visiting the US. The bigger clowns are the Dems trying to cover for the Big O by belittling Netanyahu.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

we'll see how this issue works out for you.....as a pic I saw earlier(would've saved it for a spot like this but didn't at the time) of a guy standing outside the Capitol with a sandwich board portraying a multiple choice question with checkboxes: "I Pledge Allegiance To--
_The United States of America
_ Israel
Check One"
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

did find THIS, though--
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

callmeslick wrote:did find THIS, though--
We've always been at war with Eastasia?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

1992…just about the time the US started placing pressure to prevent such a thing.

1996…Clinton places the first sanctions.

Point?

Did we and the world delay their plans?

Check out the Iran-bomb timeline…interesting stuff.

Hard to say exactly what we have done over the years, but it includes everything from blowing ★■◆● up…to killing their scientists.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Jon Stewart nails the take-home on this speech:“The in-chamber response to this speech was by far the longest blowjob a Jewish man has ever received.”
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Was that why Pelosi was in tears...because she couldn't partake?

Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

woodchip wrote:FC I can only imagine what you are feeling. I'm thankful we don't have compulsory service here in the states as I would be more than distressed if my daughter had to serve. Lets us know from time to time how your son is doing.
Thankyou WC, and i will do. My daughter finished her service last year (women do 2 years compulsory..men do 3) and , because her English is a second language she taught US Marines that came over to see a new design of low level parachute. She's off to Florida in May to visit one of the groups she met....here's hoping you bloody Yanks don't capture her heart!!!
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

http://www.timesofisrael.com/ex-mossad- ... -bull★■◆●/

edit......I guess you can't even use a link with this word in it, but a former head of Mossad referred to Bibi's speech as 'bull★■◆●'
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

So let me see if I got this straight…

Some guy that wants Israel to be a pure Jewish state, thinks something that may lead to a two state or some kind of limited autonomy for Palestinians (yes, that’s not how he put it) is bull★■◆●.

One extremist calling another extremist a name…
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

what he wants is that Israel be a Jewish state, as intended, and to live beside the Palestinians, not treat them like blacks under apartheid. Seems reasonable. Sort of what I've always said: if they wish to reject a VIABLE two state solution, then, make it all one state in the region with a VOTE FOR EVERYONE RESIDING THERE. See how long Israel remains a Jewish state under those conditions.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:what he wants is that Israel be a Jewish state, as intended, and to live beside the Palestinians, not treat them like blacks under apartheid. Seems reasonable. Sort of what I've always said: if they wish to reject a VIABLE two state solution, then, make it all one state in the region with a VOTE FOR EVERYONE RESIDING THERE. See how long Israel remains a Jewish state under those conditions.
This is the same strange kinda logic the left uses to embrace illegal aliens. According to FC the Israel's due get along. It is Hamas that wants to destroy the Jews (along with their backers in Iran) and it is Hamas that wants the turmoil. Get rid of Hamas and I suspect the west bank Palestinians and the Israel's will get along just fine.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

then, why do the Israelis occupy the HOMES of Palestinians not affiliated with Hamas? Why do they take the water supply from other neighbors? Flabby is quite clear that SOME Israelis and Arabs get along, but is also quite clear that his circle is not representative of the nation as a whole, which is rapidly heading towards being an apartheid society, in one of life's great ironies.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

if this is true, yet another reason to NEVER support the party of traitors:
http://crooksandliars.com/2015/03/backs ... blish-open
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Slick if that is going to be considered 'treason' then there is a whole lot of blowback to be suffered on your side of the political food fight as well.

How dare those rascally republicans state the obvious!?! OMG! It's because they are racists huh? Go on, you know it is, get it off your chest...
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

no, Spidey, they are trying to derail the foreign policy efforts of the administration. I've NEVER seen this done as blatantly. Actually, I don't find it treason, in a legal sense, nor even sedition(which Boehner's invite to Netanyahu WAS), but it just shows the lengths to which these morons will put the nation into a position of disharmony to further their political ends.
George Orwell---"1984"