the Clinton-haters War on the Truth

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

the Clinton-haters War on the Truth

Post by callmeslick »

I note from Woody's post, and other stuff bubbling to the Internet surface like so much fecal material, that the anti-Clinton lie machine is back in business. I hope that most Americans remember the absolute nonsense that got floated over President and Secretary Clinton in the 90s, and will dismiss it as thoroughly as they generally did back then. Lord knows, Bill is/was an imperfect human, with a lot of personal flaws of character. Likewise, I'm quite sure Hillary isn't perfect either. However, to my mind, floating a bunch of rather easily provable lies, if anything serves to make their flaws far more palatable. It isn't by accident that Bill left office with 70 percent plus approval ratings.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: the Clinton-haters War on the Truth

Post by woodchip »

Yeah, I can Remember that Bill having a affair with a intern was all a story concocted by the vast right wing conspirators...until the blue dress surfaced.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

which, I alluded to......most of the stories, however, like the one you floated today, are GARBAGE, and beneath contempt.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

The problem as I see it is this…

Yea you have the lies, and those are a serious problem, but they also get used as an excuse to overlook the real crap that went on during his admin.

And so much of that was pushed aside with a convenient sex scandal or two. But I have to blame the Republicans for falling for that. Dumb shits.

800 plus FBI files created by the Whitehouse on their political opponents…BORING!

Sex with an intern…yea juicy stuff.

Now go ahead call me a liar, that’s what you did last time…
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:Yeah, I can Remember that Bill having a affair with a intern was all a story concocted by the vast right wing conspirators...until the blue dress surfaced.
And that lie would have been perpetuated to the very, bitter end without that blue dress as proof. If Bill Clinton was comfortable enough to lie to the public then, he's comfortable enough to lie to the public now.

Sorry slick, I don't want another Clinton in the White House, because even if it's Hillary, Bill is going to tag along like a puppy. Politics is a drug to him. He won't be able to resist keeping his nose out of things if his wife is elected president as long as he's with her in the White House.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

as noted here several times, I don't relish the thought of Hillary, but unless the GOP has the sense to nominate Kasich, I'll vote for her. Until then, I'll vote for Bernie in the primaries.
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

callmeslick wrote:I don't relish the thought of Hillary, but unless the GOP has the sense to nominate Kasich, I'll vote for her. Until then, I'll vote for Bernie in the primaries.
Ditto. I tend to vote strongly for personal character rather than policy since A) every candidate is a mix of things I like and do not like, and B) campaign promises rarely become reality. I just want to feel like like there is a good, honest person in the White House — or as close as we can get to that.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

vision, I'm starting to get accepting of simply not having someone whose ideas are batshit crazy in the White House.....which is sad.
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

callmeslick wrote:vision, I'm starting to get accepting of simply not having someone whose ideas are batshit crazy in the White House.....which is sad.
I'll agree. Regarding candidates, this election is one of the most horrible I have seen. There is at least one friend of mine who is already depressed at the idea of Obama leaving office, and I get the feeling I'll want him back too, which is really messed up because I'm totally indifferent to him today.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote: Ditto. I tend to vote strongly for personal character rather than policy since A) every candidate is a mix of things I like and do not like, and B) campaign promises rarely become reality. I just want to feel like like there is a good, honest person in the White House — or as close as we can get to that.
So you think Hillary is more good and honest than Ben Carson?:
In the new batch, State deemed 268 emails classified at the lowest classification tier, according to spokesman John Kirby, who said that none of these emails "were marked classified at the time they were sent or received." There are now between 600 and 700 emails newly marked as classified since the releases began in May.

Clinton, who has been battling the controversy regarding her exclusive use of a private email account and homebrew server during her tenure at Foggy Bottom, has contended that no emails on her account were marked as classified at the time she received them.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/h ... z3q96UniPx

If anything Hillary has been shown as a pathological liar for years.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
vision wrote: Ditto. I tend to vote strongly for personal character rather than policy since A) every candidate is a mix of things I like and do not like, and B) campaign promises rarely become reality. I just want to feel like like there is a good, honest person in the White House — or as close as we can get to that.
Ben runs afoul of the batshit crazy disclaimer. Anyone who thinks evolution theory is the product of the devil is immediately ruled out. And that is just the tip of the Crazy Carson iceberg. Like I said, I accept that most pols are a bit devious, but look for strength of character as a big factor. Still, being crazy is just a deal breaker, and with maybe Rubio, Kasich,Bush and Fiorina in the sane category, the rest are ruled out. Belief in the reality of Jade Helm being a government takeover removes Cruz and others. Birthers are out. Climate change deniers, no way. Lotta crazy in the GOP.
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Someone’s definition of crazy needs an overhaul.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:Someone’s definition of crazy needs an overhaul.
not mine. Those folks are just plain nuts.
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

callmeslick wrote:Lotta crazy in the GOP.
Reason.com believes so aswell.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:
No one here like Hillary and it's amazing to me how many times you bring her up every week. Seriously amazing.

I guess my comment about honesty needs clarification: I prefer the most honest of the qualified candidates. Everything I've seen from Carson points to incredible naivety, and his honesty comes from lack of self-awareness of it. Yes he can appeal to the "everyman" but we don't want an everyman holding the presidency. We want someone exceptional.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

vision wrote:No one here like Hillary and it's amazing to me how many times you bring her up every week. Seriously amazing.
The only reason that I can fathom is that he finds her attractive.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

vision wrote:
woodchip wrote:
No one here like Hillary and it's amazing to me how many times you bring her up every week. Seriously amazing.

I guess my comment about honesty needs clarification: I prefer the most honest of the qualified candidates. Everything I've seen from Carson points to incredible naivety, and his honesty comes from lack of self-awareness of it. Yes he can appeal to the "everyman" but we don't want an everyman holding the presidency. We want someone exceptional.
Well, we haven't had one of those in a while, and I wouldn't start holding my breath looking at this years crop.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Spidey wrote:Well, we haven't had one of those in a while, and I wouldn't start holding my breath looking at this years crop.
Agreed. This batch is terrible. I can see why Sanders and Trump get all the press. I'm predicting malaise across the United States until at least 2019.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

that said, this election is vitally important. Nothing less at stake overall than the whole concept of whether government is responsible for maintaining a social safety net, or is merely a minimal overseer of rampant, unchecked greed. No small matter, and until that question is settled by a plurality, we will be in permanent malaise.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:that said, this election is vitally important. Nothing less at stake overall than the whole concept of whether government is responsible for maintaining a social safety net, or is merely a minimal overseer of rampant, unchecked greed. No small matter, and until that question is settled by a plurality, we will be in permanent malaise.
The greediest entity in the game is the fed.govt. And responsible for a safety net? We are heading for 20 trillion in debt without counting the unfunded liabilities like social security. The only hope is the seniors would be kind enough to start suiciding to save the country. I fear even that will not be enough.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I've not the time to explain the wisdom of maintaining debt when it only costs 0.2% interest, and the rest is pure claptrap, Woody. We are in an enviable financial/economic position. That's proven by the rate at which folks hoard our money, buy our stocks and invest in our real estate.
George Orwell---"1984"
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Forgive me if this is off topic, and i do feel a bit guilty for skimming the thread because usually i do try to learn a bit from you guys dueling it out over American politics, but i saw Bill Clinton a few days ago. I attended a peace rally in remembrance of Rabin's assassination (don't start talking about it Slick...please) and he gave a speech. And i have to tell you, i wish we had leaders that could talk the way he does around here, 'cause he made me and the wife hug each other a little closer. Hopefully there are more of his ilk in the not too distant future.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Flabby(fear not, nothing really to say about Rabin killing,nor the peace rally)--Bill Clinton, despite CONSIDERABLE person moral shortcomings, is one of the best pure politicians in the best sense of the word. He can bring an audience together, as you note, with his well-thought words. Moreover, he is a great thinker, one of the few extant who can see all sides of complex issues, and can do so on a huge range of topics.
George Orwell---"1984"