Welcome to Trump University...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Welcome to Trump University...

Post by Nightshade »

...where for just $35,000 (or most likely more) you can get a worthless piece of paper and a cardboard cutout of Donald Trump...but not much else.
A class-action suit accuses the developer of defrauding thousands of students in his unaccredited, for-profit “Trump University,” which promised to teach them how to get rich in the real estate business...

...The case filed by Tarla Makaeff and four other plaintiffs revolves around the operations of the school Trump launched in 2005 with a promotional YouTube video, as well as ads that proclaimed, “I can turn anyone into a successful real estate investor, including you,” “Are YOU My Next Apprentice?” and “Learn from my handpicked experts how you can profit from the largest real estate liquidation in history.” The plaintiffs, former students at Trump University, allege they were misled into maxing out their credit cards and paying up to $36,000 in fees (Makaeff claims she forked over $60,000) for seminars in hotel ballrooms and “mentoring” by Trump’s “hand-picked” real estate experts. The lawsuit alleges the seminars turned into little more than an “infomercial” and the Trump mentors offered “no practical advice” and “mostly disappeared.”
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-un ... 31048.html
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong