Helping Trump

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Helping Trump

Post by woodchip »

I have to wonder if the terrorist who orchestrated the Brussels bombing have any idea how much this helps Trump win the presidency. All those voters who were sitting on the fence are now looking at Trump as the strong man to deal with ISIS. If I was ISIS I would do major attacks just before our presidential election. :roll: And if you think a open border is humanitarian, tell that to the victims at the Brussels airport and their families.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Helping Trump

Post by Vander »

Wait, as a Trump supporter you're saying ISIS wants Trump?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I can't imagine how reinforcing that there are serious problems in the world helps the candidacy of someone who has demonstrated ZERO depth of knowledge about most issues. Perhaps, it plays well to the fear of his weak-kneed, slow-witted support base, but to the general public? Are you kidding?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

ya see, Woody, intelligent people see it a bit differently. I have seen the word 'unfit' used regarding Trump FROM EXPERTS on the subject of terrorism, from many ideological perspectives, ever since the Orange Babboon opened his mouth on morning news shows today.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2016/03 ... ls-torture

if you don't think the VAST majority of the folks who actually go to the polls in a Presidential election don't think about this sort of thing very seriously, you are wrong. If you don't think the reminders of Trump's incompetence and recklessness won't be pounded into the national conscience until November by advertising, you are wrong.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Oh please slick, you are now using the liberal rag "Mother Jones" as a source? Let me straighten you out on how the average joe blow see's this. First he see's the liberal policy of the european countries allowing all the muslims free access to their countries. Then they see the liberal Dem. candidates going to do the same i.e. Crazy Bernie and Barking Hillary. OTOH they see Trump as stating he will control immigration and in fact hold up the Syrian immigrants from coming into the country until they are vetted better. Now who do you think the average voter see's as better trying to prevent a Brussels incident here?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Oh please slick, you are now using the liberal rag "Mother Jones" as a source?
hardly the only one, Woody. That was the most brief, and utilized some expert from a terrorism think tank.

Let me straighten you out on how the average joe blow see's this. First he see's the liberal policy of the european countries allowing all the muslims free access to their countries. Then they see the liberal Dem. candidates going to do the same i.e. Crazy Bernie and Barking Hillary. OTOH they see Trump as stating he will control immigration and in fact hold up the Syrian immigrants from coming into the country until they are vetted better. Now who do you think the average voter see's as better trying to prevent a Brussels incident here?
the average voter isn't anywhere near as scared of isolated terrorist attacks as they are of a completely incompetent, self-informed loose cannon in the White House. They aren't afraid, in the majority, of immigrants from anywhere. They aren't afraid of Muslims. They are afraid that making it appear that we all think that way will endanger the nation far more. They are afraid of some loon advocating for waterboarding and far worse, knowing it makes us look like the bad guys in the whole scenario.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Consider we have a complete incompetent in the white house now, your voter statement is completely specious

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You should consider that both Hillary and Trump have historic, and I mean HISTORIC, unfavorable ratings. They're both bad choices according to more than half of Americans. So that means a lot of Americans are either going to hold their noses and vote for one or the other, or possibly vote for neither of them and stay home or settle for a third party candidate.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trum ... snyt-poll/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Consider we have a complete incompetent in the white house now, your voter statement is completely specious
except we don't. As I heard some twit on TV talk about Obama making us less safe today, I pondered that in his entire Presidency, there haven't been 50 deaths from terrorism on our soil. Amazing, and hardly the incompetence seen in the prior 8 years that lost us thousands of lives.
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote:Oh please slick, you are now using the liberal rag "Mother Jones" as a source?
infowars. breitbart.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Ferno wrote:
infowars. breitbart.
very true. Those aren't even beholden to getting the FACTS right.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:Consider we have a complete incompetent in the white house now, your voter statement is completely specious
except we don't. As I heard some twit on TV talk about Obama making us less safe today, I pondered that in his entire Presidency, there haven't been 50 deaths from terrorism on our soil. Amazing, and hardly the incompetence seen in the prior 8 years that lost us thousands of lives.
I see you are once again inspired to selective wool pulling. Tell me how many murders have there been from illegals that have traipsed across the Mexican border? Perhaps you should talk to the landowners the live near the border and find out how safe they feel. Perhaps you should talk to people who lost their job to foreigners who were allowed to take it and see how economically safe they feel. Incompetence is not doing more than just a single issue slick. Obama orchestrated America to the point where someone like Trump is now viewed as favorable. It is people like you who, by trying to paint Obama as capable, only further made Trump look like the man to handle the mess Obama and sycophants created.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:I see you are once again inspired to selective wool pulling. Tell me how many murders have there been from illegals that have traipsed across the Mexican border?
precious few, considering the scale of our borders.
Perhaps you should talk to the landowners the live near the border and find out how safe they feel. Perhaps you should talk to people who lost their job to foreigners who were allowed to take it and see how economically safe they feel. Incompetence is not doing more than just a single issue slick. Obama orchestrated America to the point where someone like Trump is now viewed as favorable. It is people like you who, by trying to paint Obama as capable, only further made Trump look like the man to handle the mess Obama and sycophants created.
good lord, what a litany of old-white-guy whines. Obama has brought this nation back from a gawd-awful mess left by the last administration, has kept us safe, has kept the flow of illegals to a negative overall for the past 3 years, carefully steered the nation towards some semblance of economic stability,and had utterly NOTHING to do with ANYONE losing a job to foreigners or anyone else. Quit whining, because that is not the route to 'winning'.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

by the way, Woody, given where you claim to live, what 'border residents' do YOU get out and talk to? Is the Canadian border scaring you somehow?
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tell me Mr reading comprehension, just where did you infer from my post that I was scared? You OTOH, reek of fear about the idea of Trump being elected. Have you started to build a bunker yet that you can crawl into if Trump is elected? I suspect if this country can survive Obama, it will also survive Trump.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Tell me Mr reading comprehension, just where did you infer from my post that I was scared?
because the goofy red-herrings that you toss out, daily, simply ooze fear, and/or loathing, of your fellow citizens.
You OTOH, reek of fear about the idea of Trump being elected.
I fear the idea that my nation would have become that stupid. But, they have not. A poll last week, echoing others for months, finds that around 70 percent of your fellow voting-eligible citizens find the thought of a Trump presidency either frightening or worrisome.
Have you started to build a bunker yet that you can crawl into if Trump is elected?
why? I have several hundred acres of land with fishing access that I can stay above ground on. Surrounded by happy, well-assimilated Mexican Americans. I'm good, thanks.

I suspect if this country can survive Obama, it will also survive Trump.
you are likely correct, if we lower the bar to merely 'surviving' for 4 years and sending him packing. Our nation is set up so that he cannot really do much damage. I have far higher aspirations than that, however, as, I suspect, do most citizens.
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

woodchip wrote:Tell me Mr reading comprehension, just where did you infer from my post that I was scared? You OTOH, reek of fear about the idea of Trump being elected. Have you started to build a bunker yet that you can crawl into if Trump is elected? I suspect if this country can survive Obama, it will also survive Trump.
It won't survive Hillary...when you and your fellow Trump supporters will get her elected into the White House.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

excess is excess,TB, so you're wrong, too. We'll 'survive' ANYONE, more or less. We're set up that way. We survived Grant, for crying out loud. We survived Dick Cheney. My whole point isn't that we're doomed, just hoping for a few steps up the aspirational ladder from there.
George Orwell---"1984"
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

woodchip wrote:I have to wonder if the terrorist who orchestrated the Brussels bombing have any idea how much this helps Trump win the presidency.
I'm of the opinion that the people who pull the strings across Europe, and soon The Americas and Russia, know exactly what they are doing, Woody. Trump is a recruiting dream for them.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Right, and what about captain drone strike?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:oooh, oooh, oooh! Howabout Evil Obama, too?
really, Spidey? :roll:
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

to the more serious point of why Trump and Cruz have EXACTLY the wrong approach, and why Europe is not the exact same case as the US, I wrote the following as part of a larger essay, earlier. I was on the topic of how the euros created a really nasty reality by isolating Muslims in their nations, and in response to Americans who said to me that we've had ghettoes withous terrorism
:
The Italian slums gave rise to both anarchist bombers and assassins, plus the Mafia. Likewise, the Jewish and Irish slums gave us organized crimeand in the case of the Jewish slums, some very extreme Communist groups. Riots from the slum housing of blacks, plus some splinter terrorist groups along the way. So on. The two big lessons, which Obama seems to get, but most right-wingers miss altogether, is that social and economic conditions BREED desperation and panicking overreaction makes things worse, and results in either crime or violent uprisings. This has always been the case, and, in fact, is one of the reasons I feel the urgency to address the current US economic model, which is plunging 95% of the entire population into an irreversable slide into poverty. I fear the backlash, which will make the March of the Trumptards seem civilized and tame, and, for domestic purposes, make any threat from or fear of Islamic terrorism seem quaint.
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

You really can’t resist changing what people say can you.

The snarky remark not withstanding, I have seen a lot of concern regarding drone strikes being used as recruiting tools.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Pretty sad when a dumb ass Polack understands the Muslim threat more than the idiot in chief we have now or the Dem.idiots that are vying for his job:
Poland abandoned a pledge to shelter migrants under a European Union relocation agreement, Prime Minister Beata Szydlo said, shifting her country’s stance a day after suicide bombers killed dozens of people in the bloc’s de-facto capital
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... els-blasts

Then again we have slick trying desperately to mitigate the Muslim terror attacks by saying:
The two big lessons, which Obama seems to get, but most right-wingers miss altogether, is that social and economic conditions BREED desperation and panicking overreaction makes things worse, and results in either crime or violent uprisings.
What the Poles get, if you don't allow them into the country, you don't create the conditions slick blathers on about. Perhaps if Glorious Leader hadn't stepped back from his own red line, we wouldn't have the mass exodus we see today. Liberal PC politicians just don't seem to have the will to deal with a terrorists even when they have a direct warning:
One of the Brussels bombers was arrested in Turkey and deported back to Belgium in June with a warning that he was a militant, it has sensationally been revealed.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Ibrahim El Bakraoui, who yesterday blew himself up at Brussels Airport, was arrested in Gaziantep in southern Turkey close to the Syrian border last summer. Officials said he was deported to Holland before being passed back over to Belgium.

The president said Belgian authorities had failed to confirm the suspect's links to terrorism 'despite our warnings that he was a foreign fighter'.
And you still wonder why people are voting for Trump.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Spidey wrote:You really can’t resist changing what people say can you.

The snarky remark not withstanding, I have seen a lot of concern regarding drone strikes being used as recruiting tools.
Because he cannot argue in a meaningful way what you are saying so he has to find a way to ridicule it. Drone strikes are way more of a recruiting tool than some political candidate making campaign statements with now means to carry them out.

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea, he just wants to paint me as the average Joe Obama hater, and that couldn’t be farther from the truth.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

it was a gratuitous response to Flabby. That was my point, Spidey. Why did you feel compelled to bring it up? Flabby was addressing our future choices not the current POTUS.
As to Woody, and his lovely 'polak' example, I repeat, the US is NOT EUROPE!!!! They have issues around borders, migration, returning citizens and information sharing that just don't apply to the US, at all. The Polish response, although I find it sort of bogus given that everyone we've seen from that group in Belgium/France are European citizens, with travel allowed to middle eastern nations, is understandable. A similar response from an American leader is irresponsible, and heads us towards the same end point the Euros are currently in.

Trump the solution? Hardly. As Flabby says, he's a walking recruitment video. The worst possible choice for Americans.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nightshade wrote:
woodchip wrote:Tell me Mr reading comprehension, just where did you infer from my post that I was scared? You OTOH, reek of fear about the idea of Trump being elected. Have you started to build a bunker yet that you can crawl into if Trump is elected? I suspect if this country can survive Obama, it will also survive Trump.
It won't survive Hillary...when you and your fellow Trump supporters will get her elected into the White House.
Gads, if she wins, we'll have to keep feasting our eyes upon some snarky or derogatory Hillary avatar creation of woody's for at least 4 more years. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

....I for one will LOVE seeing Woody cobble together his new avatar. I view the current one as admission of the failure of his electoral hopes for the past 8 years. :lol: :lol: :lol:
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh, I'm sure he'll come up with a real epic lulu of one this time. I'm guessing it will have a witch theme since he loves to call her "Hillary Clinton" all the time. I'll probably have to bleach my eyes every time I see it. :P
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:...dumb ass Polack...
Oh great. We can add this ignorance to the comment about "gooks", Mexicans, Muslims, and all the sexist remarks. Go Trump.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Go not comprehending sarcasm :roll:

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:Go not comprehending sarcasm :roll:
Claiming "sarcasm" doesn't make slurs like that acceptable, at all, ever.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Pity you. And I see you are now using the slick word "ever". Trying to be a clone?

Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

???