Exterminating to Save the planet.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Exterminating to Save the planet.

Post by woodchip »

So the Big O's admin is now allowing wind farms to start the extermination process of Bald and Golden eagles. I wonder if Rachel Carson is rolling in her grave:
The Obama administration is revising a federal rule that allows wind-energy companies to operate high-speed turbines for up to 30 years, even if means killing or injuring thousands of federally protected bald and golden eagles.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Exterminating to Save the planet.

Post by callmeslick »

I brought that up, in a less species-specific sense a couple years ago, and was assured that much progress has been made in terms of avian mortality. That was regarding coastal wind farms.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Since the Bald Eagle is no longer endangered, why not get rid of that toxic coal dust and sludge from coal-fired power plants in exchange for some clean wind power and a few dead eagles? It's not like windmills run around the country targeting eagles anyway. :roll:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bald-eagle- ... ndangered/

Look at it this way. It'll help save people's pet cats since those windmills will help cull our expanding eagle population. :P

[youtube]Vddqk7GVW2k[/youtube]
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Domestic cats are an ecological disaster in North America and much of the rest of the world too, that eagle is totally justified eating one. And I'm fine saying that even though I like cats. (Plus, who is to say the eagle killed it, it may just be scavenging one that was killed by a vehicle...)
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Tesla was right... we need free energy NOW!
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote:Domestic cats are an ecological disaster in North America and much of the rest of the world too, that eagle is totally justified eating one. And I'm fine saying that even though I like cats. (Plus, who is to say the eagle killed it, it may just be scavenging one that was killed by a vehicle...)
That's only because stupid people let them roam and reproduce at will. Idiots. If Golden Eagles catch and eat people's pet cats, that's what they're going to end up with, providing a free lunch to the wildlife. I'm not against eagles snacking on stupid and careless pet owner's cats, or small dogs for that matter either. But most Americans freak out whenever their pets become lunch for some predator and yet they still they won't change their behavior and keep their pets inside. They even go bonkers when they hear about the Chinese eating dogs. When I lived in Colorado Springs, a lot of people's dogs became lunch for the roaming cougars. They made it easy for the cougars too, by leaving their dogs penned up in fenced and uncovered dog runs. A snack in a cage. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.