BREXIT!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: BREXIT!

Post by callmeslick »

I'm quite sure plenty of retrenchment has been occurring since, roughly, 3PM yesterday. Once again,Brexit is another outright gift to the wealthy, who have the liquidiity and assets to benefit from something like this.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:I'm quite sure plenty of retrenchment has been occurring since, roughly, 3PM yesterday. Once again,Brexit is another outright gift to the wealthy, who have the liquidiity and assets to benefit from something like this.
I truly do not understand what prevents rethink tactics of economic sanctions. It hurts America, it hurts the European Union. Russia generally do not care for it, by and large. I don't know when they will understand that Russians is not effeminate Europeans for which you can dictate terms in this way.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Sigma, in what way did your response have anything to do with my words which you quoted? Russia and it's economy, are but a pimple on the ass of the global marketplace. I said NOTHING about Russia, and couldn't care less about your nation, insofar as my money interests go.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I'm not surprised that Slick could not look a little deeper, but could show the remains of the intellect.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

you are babbling now, Sigma. My intellect is just fine. I wrote perfectly cogent words about how folks who have the cash to do so can benefit from ANY market shock like Brexit. You blabber about economic sanctions, which your nation sorely deserved, and from which you are now seeing the consequences. Take your whining to Putin, he got you the sanctions, he can get them removed.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

It is now you're babbling. Where are the answers to my questions? Egghead f*cking.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

ummm, there are no questions that I see. Care to repeat them? This time, so everyone can attempt to answer.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Gotta admit slick, some of sigmas translations are hilarious..... Egghead f*cking. Lol, priceless.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Come on guys. Don't blame sigma, blame Google Translator. I've tried translating Russian and English, either direction, and it most of the time it comes out really hilarious or weird. I can imagine what our English posts here translated into Russian come out like, a mess. :lol:
sigma wrote:First, the Soviet Union fought on four fronts at once. German, Japanese, South-Muslim front and Finnish. Once again, I want to say thanks to the United States, even though everyone knows that they are not helping out of sympathy for Russia.
I guess you're right there sigma. I forgot all about Russia's eastern and southwestern borders. Fortunately for Russia, your northern borders are COLD! In fact, there's not much history in our history books on Russia's fight against the Japanese. It might be some interesting history reading. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Quite often English translation it is the Martian language really. This is a comedy :) I understand that my posts is a fascinating puzzle. Maybe a little bit helps distract from the problems, if we look at it with optimism )

P.S. I want to advise you to read the Russian Wikipedia on these issues. The English-language Wikipedia greatly distorts the historical facts with regard to Russia.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

ХУЯРАВЕЙ)
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

now, mind you, I took AP History in High School, but I was taught quite a bit about the rather intense struggles for territory between the Russians and the Japanese(and also, as I recall, other Asian nation states). Interesting stuff, although pretty much lost in fog of my academic memory at this point.
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Russia got its ass handed to it in the first Russian-Japanese war, I remember that much from my personal history education.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Spidey wrote:Russia got its ass handed to it in the first Russian-Japanese war, I remember that much from my personal history education.
Look at Spidey, he have a personal history of education. Let's listen to what he can add about the Russian-Japanese war, except the word ass.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

A couple of links for those interested. Seems Russia never formally declared war on Japan until 1945. The cynic in me say Russia knew the war was over at that point and decided to have history show they too were helpful in the war against Japan.

http://thediplomat.com/2012/08/the-forg ... r-of-1939/

http://www.historynet.com/world-war-ii- ... in-gol.htm
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

woodchip wrote:A couple of links for those interested. Seems Russia never formally declared war on Japan until 1945. The cynic in me say Russia knew the war was over at that point and decided to have history show they too were helpful in the war against Japan.

http://thediplomat.com/2012/08/the-forg ... r-of-1939/

http://www.historynet.com/world-war-ii- ... in-gol.htm
Yes, it is necessary to know who is interested in Russian history.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

meanwhile, within 48 hours, incidents of racist attacks and verbal abuse of Eastern Europeans, South Asians and others has been going through the roof in England. One round win for fascism, it's now up to the rest of us to end this insurgence asap.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Again, let us remember that George Bush ran away from US (UK the same way now), betraying all Americans after the terrorist attacks in September 2001, while Vladimir Putin flew on the SU-27 to the center of threat to Russia.
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

The fact is no one knows what's going to happen -That's like trying to predict British weather. You can't do it, unless you're talking about the weather right at this instant. This could go either way ... But my prediction is the average Joe will not feel any different. So long as austerity continues apace and the banking racket/big-bosses continue to line their pockets, nothing will change for the average sucker.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote:ХУЯРАВЕЙ)
That didn't translate into anything legible in English. :wink:
sigma wrote:Again, let us remember that George Bush ran away from US (UK the same way now), betraying all Americans after the terrorist attacks in September 2001, while Vladimir Putin flew on the SU-27 to the center of threat to Russia.
No, George W Bush sat in a school classroom smirking like an idiot while thousands of people were murdered at the hands of terrorists. Then he invaded a country that wasn't responsible for those terrorist attacks and left our nation with a massive war debt, thousands of our soldiers dead or maimed and a recession that's still haunting us to this day. He's one of the worst presidents we've ever had. You don't need to extol the virtues of Putin over Bush. At least Putin is popular, if not an authoritarian, in his own country.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:meanwhile, within 48 hours, incidents of racist attacks and verbal abuse of Eastern Europeans, South Asians and others has been going through the roof in England. One round win for fascism, it's now up to the rest of us to end this insurgence asap.
Been reading the British rags and the National Enquirer again?

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/814 ... t-promises

"you mean our protest vote actually counted? Man, we really screwed ourselves on this one!"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote:
sigma wrote:ХУЯРАВЕЙ)
That didn't translate into anything legible in English. :wink:
I forgot to remove. It was addressed to those who clearly understand what I mean. Has nothing to do with the topic of conversation for others.
tunnelcat wrote:No, George W Bush sat in a school classroom smirking like an idiot while thousands of people were murdered at the hands of terrorists. Then he invaded a country that wasn't responsible for those terrorist attacks and left our nation with a massive war debt, thousands of our soldiers dead or maimed and a recession that's still haunting us to this day. He's one of the worst presidents we've ever had. You don't need to extol the virtues of Putin over Bush. At least Putin is popular, if not an authoritarian, in his own country.
There was also some sort of history with the aircraft "Air Force One", if I am not mistaken.

I did not raise the rating of Putin, it's just a comparison.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:
No, George W Bush sat in a school classroom smirking like an idiot while thousands of people were murdered at the hands of terrorists.
I wonder what your facial expression would of been under similar circumstances.

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

"It has been absolutely delicious to watch the American media melt down since last week's Brexit vote. Nothing terrifies liberal elitists more than an aware and energized electorate. The MSM fears the rise of a voting class that doesn't march to its orders, and they fear this Brexit stuff will spread."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/06/27 ... he-people/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/uk- ... li=BBnb7Kz

note the commentary at the end, Woody, about outbreaks of xenophobic violence against Poles. Also note that these twits want to have everything THEIR way in this breakup. They will be shortly quite disappointed, I suspect.
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Nightshade wrote:"It has been absolutely delicious to watch the American media melt down since last week's Brexit vote. Nothing terrifies liberal elitists more than an aware and energized electorate. The MSM fears the rise of a voting class that doesn't march to its orders, and they fear this Brexit stuff will spread."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/06/27 ... he-people/
You are aware that the Leave campaign made its case to the "aware" public primarily with several already-proven lies, right?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Big money being made today. Thanks, Brits(and with the help of panicked American investors)!!!!
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

And because of the Brexit vote, the canadian currency just took a nosedive. Now it's more expensive for me to do business with the states.

Thanks, fearmongers.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Ferno wrote:And because of the Brexit vote, the canadian currency just took a nosedive. Now it's more expensive for me to do business with the states.
I think it's more accurate to say that USD took an upswing rather than CAD took a dive (for instance, the CAD exchange rate versus most other currencies hasn't really been affected, and its rate with GDP has of course gotten a lot better). Also, all things considered, I don't think it's fair to say that the CAD has really taken a nosedive even specifically versus USD compared to everything it's been through recently!
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

According to recent market events, the pound ended up being less against the US dollar when the brexit vote came in, and the canadian dollar followed the pound in decline; albiet not as sharp.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

This American idea to produce a profit on BREXIT, on currency unification, this is a perversion of what that. Maybe right to organize a referendum in Canada acceding to the United States, as the Crimea to Russia, and will not be fooling people.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

not so fast, Sigma. You forget that some Americans are capable of sinking our currency with their own brand of stupidity. We had some a few years back willing to default on the Federal Debt over a political pissing match(that won't likely translate well into Russian). We have an Orange Faced Buffoon willing to consider paying off the debt on discount, and others ready to trash our Federal Reserve banking system which has kept our currency stable for a long time. Don't write us off that fast, Sigma, we still can manage to shoot ourselves in the feet. However, thanks to somewhat stable, somewhat restrained leadership, we've managed to come through the past 10 years stronger than any other western nation. May the same continue, albeit with my condolances to my friends in Canada, Britain, Sweden and elsewhere affected by the stupidity of the British public in falling for a set of false promises.

aside to Ferno--I have an audio enthusiast friend in Toronto who was married in the States, and whose alimony and child support are pegged to the dollar, although he earns in CAN$. He's hurting at the moment. I'm just kicking myself that I bought my Naim integrated amp last year. I could have saved $1000USD had I waited.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:
No, George W Bush sat in a school classroom smirking like an idiot while thousands of people were murdered at the hands of terrorists.
I sure as hell wouldn't have sat looking befuddled in front of a bunch of school children looking like an incompetent fool. He was the president during the worst terrorist attack in our nation's history for crying out loud, not a babysitter. I would have gotten up, told them I had to go to work for the country and left to do my elected job, Commander in Chief. I'm just betting if Obama had done the same thing, he have be called a wimp and a coward by every right winger out there.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

All of these actions due to BREXIT are really a self fulfilling prophecy, and in no way an actual affect of the move.

Example:

Some groups have downgraded the UK’s credit ratings…but absolutely nothing…not a damn thing has changed there, and it will literally be years before anything actually does.

It’s bull★■◆● man!

The real ugly truth is that it’s probably the EU that will suffer from the leave, and that is what everyone is upset about, and now it’s time to punish the bastards.

On a side...I sat kind of dumfounded and in disbelief on 911, so I can't really fault anybody else on that one.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:All of these actions due to BREXIT are really a self fulfilling prophecy, and in no way an actual affect of the move.

Example:

Some groups have downgraded the UK’s credit ratings…but absolutely nothing…not a damn thing has changed there, and it will literally be years before anything actually does.

It’s **** man!
no, Spidey.....it's UNCERTAINTY. That is a massive(YUGE!!....haven't used that in a bit) driver in a global capital marketplace. Since no one knows the pace, the details nor the costs to Britain versus any potential economic benefit(I see few, if any.....this really had nothing to do with making the economy better, more around who got the benefits of whatever is left). Given that, an investor, and investors drive the spot pricing, is going to be reluctant to buy Sterling right now. Lack of demand drives the price lower, and I apologize for pointing out something you clearly understand to finish the thought.
The real ugly truth is that it’s probably the EU that will suffer from the leave, and that is what everyone is upset about, and now it’s time to punish the bastards.

On a side...I sat kind of dumfounded and in disbelief on 911, so I can't really fault anybody else on that one.
The EU is uncertain, so will suffer collateral damage, but I still hold to the viewpoint(and Woody, a warning here: this is MY OPINION only, and while shared with my financial advisors and others, not gospel) that England needs the EU more than visa versa, especially is Scotland and N/Ireland go to stay in the EU and leave Great Britain(another major uncertainty for you). So, if my guess is correct, Eurocentric investments, especially in Germany and Scandanavia, with some Eastern states, too, are pretty sound plays off a bottom. Overall, the US outlook is so good that I can't see a reason, personally, to have more than 10% of all investments overseas for the short term.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote:
woodchip wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:
I sure as hell wouldn't have sat looking befuddled in front of a bunch of school children looking like an incompetent fool. He was the president during the worst terrorist attack in our nation's history for crying out loud, not a babysitter. I would have gotten up, told them I had to go to work for the country and left to do my elected job, Commander in Chief. I'm just betting if Obama had done the same thing, he have be called a wimp and a coward by every right winger out there.
TC, the US President - the head of the US executive. In fact, he's nothing if compare with the status of the President of Russia.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

All hail Putin!!!
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

sigma wrote:Quite often English translation it is the Martian language really. This is a comedy :) I understand that my posts is a fascinating puzzle. Maybe a little bit helps distract from the problems, if we look at it with optimism )

P.S. I want to advise you to read the Russian Wikipedia on these issues. The English-language Wikipedia greatly distorts the historical facts with regard to Russia.
Sigma, с этого момента, я буду говорить только с вами через Google Translate. И вы только разрешили поговорить со мной по-русски, ок?
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉