on the Fourth

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

on the Fourth

Post by callmeslick »

a fellow outdoorsman, from Texas wrote the following, and I couldn't agree more. I'd add that I also saw some words this morning attributed to Judy Garland, of all people, to the effect that it takes all Americans, black, white, Christian, Jew, Asian, immigrant and colonial descendant to make America the great place it has historically been:

Happy Independence Day Weekend! Believe it or not I do love our Country, I love my State of Texas. I don't love the fear mongering and I have become educated enough to know that the United States and Texas do not always make the right decisions and many of those bad decisions are the root of some of our problems. I swear no allegiance to Democrats or Republicans, there is bad and good, corrupt and legitimate in both parties. I'm an Independent, a Coastalist and think we all should be treated fairly. Are we going to disagree? Yes! However the great majority of leadership of our Country do not represent us. They exploit our differences. They represent the highest bidder. Our news sources represent that crap either it be CNN or Fox News. Take this weekend and Independence Day and enjoy living in the greatest nation on Earth. Celebrate your right to disagree with each other, celebrate our differences, clebrate that the U.S.A is a light in the night of differing opinion, differing religions and a united melting pot that makes America Great.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"