Yes! Let's celebrate!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Yes! Let's celebrate!

Post by Nightshade »

Hooray for the islamic oppression of women!

Why not celebrate the first American Olympian woman to be genitally mutilated?

The first American Olympian woman to wear a chastity belt!

Yes yes... Female oppression must be celebrated (if it's islamic)!
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Yes! Let's celebrate!

Post by callmeslick »

wow, you are some kind of sick obsessive. Get out more, play with kids or grandkids, go fishing, anything.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

You want a reformation of islam, but you disdain the promotion of those in the process of assimilating. Curious.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Vander wrote:You want a reformation of islam, but you disdain the promotion of those in the process of assimilating. Curious.
The only "assimilation" happening is one way...that of western civilization submitting to islam.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Nightshade wrote:The only "assimilation" happening is one way...that of western civilization submitting to islam.
I'm confused here. How can you claim this, after posting an image of a Muslim woman not only competing in an athletic event (which in many cases is seen as contrary to Islamic principles), but a distinctly western one?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

NS, by the time the the fencing competitor puts on the mask and bib, everything on the head is covered anyway. So what? You're not Muslim and you're not a member of their religion. That's what their clothing denotes, their religious identity. You could say the same thing for many Christian sects that require women to wear certain styles of dresses or clothing that covers their sexuality. In some religions, including Islam, Hasidic Judaism and a few sects of Christianity, there is little distinction between sacred and secular clothing requirements. It's also mostly driven by the males of the religion too. :roll:

http://fashion-history.lovetoknow.com/f ... gion-dress
Organized religion has used dress in two related ways: to maintain the customs and traditions of the organization, thereby establishing a visual identity for the religion; and to simultaneously control the individual identities of its members by symbolically denoting dress as inneed of control. Religions create dress codes to overtly define morality and modesty while covertly controlling sexuality. Fundamentally, dress codes are less about clothing than about the control of the body by the more powerful church members who enforce their groups' ideologies. Religious dress codes express group identity and simultaneously function as a means of reinforcing male patriarchal control.
http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/anthony_ ... Codes.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Vander wrote:You want a reformation of islam, but you disdain the promotion of those in the process of assimilating. Curious.
Personally, I want more to reform America and assimilate it properly for the international community than Islam. As I said, Islamic aggression is not so dangerous as the infinite stupidity of the West, Islam pretty easy to put into their place, religious fanatics generally pretty easy to manipulate unlike almost unguided and therefore potentially dangerous America.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

There's a whiff of irony in ThunderBunny using feminism to critique a woman's clothing.
sigma wrote:Personally, I want more to reform America and assimilate it properly for the international community than Islam. As I said, Islamic aggression is not so dangerous as the infinite stupidity of the West, Islam pretty easy to put into their place, religious fanatics generally pretty easy to manipulate unlike almost unguided and therefore potentially dangerous America.
If you've read any of my posts here, you'll probably find I don't disagree.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Vander wrote:There's a whiff of irony in ThunderBunny using feminism to critique a woman's clothing.
sigma wrote:Personally, I want more to reform America and assimilate it properly for the international community than Islam. As I said, Islamic aggression is not so dangerous as the infinite stupidity of the West, Islam pretty easy to put into their place, religious fanatics generally pretty easy to manipulate unlike almost unguided and therefore potentially dangerous America.
If you've read any of my posts here, you'll probably find I don't disagree.
If you've read any of my posts here, I am a thousand times already hinted that the U.S. foreign policy needs to be changed. Otherwise, nothing good this is not over.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

[ removed personal attack ]
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Top Gun wrote:[ removed personal attack ]
I understand your feelings, but and you need to understand me too.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

that would seem to be TG's choice, and that of any other person here, Sigma. No one NEEDS to understand your point of view. You offer it, and it either gets assimilated or not.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

callmeslick wrote:that would seem to be TG's choice, and that of any other person here, Sigma. No one NEEDS to understand your point of view. You offer it, and it either gets assimilated or not.
You may not like sigma's point of view, but since he's a foreigner, he has an outside perspective on what other nations perceive and think about the U.S. Take heed, because some of it is not good. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:that would seem to be TG's choice, and that of any other person here, Sigma. No one NEEDS to understand your point of view. You offer it, and it either gets assimilated or not.
Frankly I do not care for your point of view. Of course, Russia is always trying to solve issues diplomatically, if this doesn't work, then we will be forced teach you a lesson of conscience and morality. Naturally, it would be better not to bring the situation to such decisions.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

TC, in my opinion you do not understand that the past few years, Russia hinders and prevents the possible consequences of a rather dangerous provocations USA. I can even explain why. Do you really want, or you yourself can to guess?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:wow, you are some kind of sick obsessive. Get out more, play with kids or grandkids, go fishing, anything.
Obsessive? Sure. That sh** happened to me when over 3000 (AND COUNTING) Americans have been slaughtered by this vile ideology.

The islamic slaughter of Americans and other innocents around the world will continue. You can be sure of that.

Sick is acting like this reality isn't happening. Sick is apologizing and coddling those that would destroy you.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

So patriotic!
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Getting back on topic, won't women wearing traditional clothing limit their participation in the Olympics? Kinda thought wearing a hijab might slow you down in the 100 yard dash or performing on the parallel bars in gymnastics. So are we saying being a female Muslim limits what you can do?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote:TC, in my opinion you do not understand that the past few years, Russia hinders and prevents the possible consequences of a rather dangerous provocations USA. I can even explain why. Do you really want, or you yourself can to guess?
sigma, all Russia has to do is wait patiently for the future economic implosion of the formerly strong U.S.A. Since our corporations have sent all our major manufacturing and it's infrastructure to other countries, and since countries really only innovate where their manufacturing is located, which is now in other countries, we're going to become a third rate pipsqueak on the world power stage because we're no longer the manufacturing and innovating powerhouse we used to be. So mark my words, next time there's some global conflict like WWII, we won't be able to produce enough modern equipment to fight such a war.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Nightshade wrote: Sick is acting like this reality isn't happening. Sick is apologizing and coddling those that would destroy you.
well, for damn sure, that woman could gut you like a duck if she so desired. I don't live in fear. 3000 have died from 'that ideology'? How many hundreds of thousands have died due to 'our' ideology? Your pious selectivity of morals would be amusing, were it not so pathetic.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote:
sigma wrote:TC, in my opinion you do not understand that the past few years, Russia hinders and prevents the possible consequences of a rather dangerous provocations USA. I can even explain why. Do you really want, or you yourself can to guess?
sigma, all Russia has to do is wait patiently for the future economic implosion of the formerly strong U.S.A. Since our corporations have sent all our major manufacturing and it's infrastructure to other countries, and since countries really only innovate where their manufacturing is located, which is now in other countries, we're going to become a third rate pipsqueak on the world power stage because we're no longer the manufacturing and innovating powerhouse we used to be. So mark my words, next time there's some global conflict like WWII, we won't be able to produce enough modern equipment to fight such a war.
Who told you that the US has become a weak country? From the point of view of GOP, or whom?
USA needs to be strong enough to protect its territory and not overly strong so the devil whispers constantly in ears about unpunished illegal military invasion of other countries for personal economic interests.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

tunnelcat wrote:sigma, all Russia has to do is wait patiently for the future economic implosion of the formerly strong U.S.A. Since our corporations have sent all our major manufacturing and it's infrastructure to other countries, and since countries really only innovate where their manufacturing is located, which is now in other countries, we're going to become a third rate pipsqueak on the world power stage because we're no longer the manufacturing and innovating powerhouse we used to be. So mark my words, next time there's some global conflict like WWII, we won't be able to produce enough modern equipment to fight such a war.
umm, you may wish to get out a bit. Not even far, in your case, as Boeing has manufacturing pretty nearby. The idea that ALL our manufacturing has gone overseas in sheer fabrication. Sure, we lost a lot of textile mills, and raw materials production, but don't let anyone say there is NO manufacturing, as that simply isn't true. Innovation of virtually everything is still centered here, because we have the best higher ed system on the planet. Most every cutting edge technology or other scientific field is located out of some US institution. Where do you come up with some of this stuff?
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Of course, in the United States are very good conditions for talented scientists from different countries, so I am sad that so many Russian scientists leave to work in the United States. Russia is also very good care of talented scientists, but mainly in military industrial and space technology sector, I believe that Russia still has no equal in the world in these areas. As for other areas, and most importantly, the agricultural sector, I believe that Russia is too shy silent about their international interests in this. Of course, we all understand that this is only because it is more profitable to trade in natural resources and energy technologies, as long as natural resources are still there. But I think it is wrong, nevertheless need to look a little further into the future.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Because it is expensive. For example, I like the real American clothing, but in Moscow it is very expensive. Therefore, I find it easier to buy Turkish counterparts, which is ten times cheaper.
P.S. I'm actually surprised at the strange US strategy. At the beginning, they intentionally increase the rate of the dollar twice, and then they are surprised that the handle of the rake hit them on the forehead :lol:
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sorry, I had to stop, doubled over with laughter, when the core value quote on manufacturing, was written 50 years before the start of the industrial revolultion. Sorry, we're in a 21st century economy now, and a nation that focuses only on its own consumption needs is going to fail in that marketplace, because it will be outcompeted, out-modernized and gradually become a center of obsolescence. That idea worked when geographic isolation made it economically feasable, but that has long ceased to be the case.

I'll have to return to that video, but for the moment, it simply hurts too much from the premise presented.
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea…I don’t know exactly how to break this to you, but manufacturing started long before the industrial revolution.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:Yea…I don’t know exactly how to break this to you, but manufacturing started long before the industrial revolution.
but, it changed forever with the Industrial Revolution, changed more after the excesses of that were tempered by modern policies, then microtech, computer tech and other communication tools rendered the whole model into something completely different. The bottom line is that the premise there is built around the idea that every nation should be self-sufficient in manufacture and that just isn't a practical approach in a global economy, IMO.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

callmeslick wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:sigma, all Russia has to do is wait patiently for the future economic implosion of the formerly strong U.S.A. Since our corporations have sent all our major manufacturing and it's infrastructure to other countries, and since countries really only innovate where their manufacturing is located, which is now in other countries, we're going to become a third rate pipsqueak on the world power stage because we're no longer the manufacturing and innovating powerhouse we used to be. So mark my words, next time there's some global conflict like WWII, we won't be able to produce enough modern equipment to fight such a war.
umm, you may wish to get out a bit. Not even far, in your case, as Boeing has manufacturing pretty nearby. The idea that ALL our manufacturing has gone overseas in sheer fabrication. Sure, we lost a lot of textile mills, and raw materials production, but don't let anyone say there is NO manufacturing, as that simply isn't true. Innovation of virtually everything is still centered here, because we have the best higher ed system on the planet. Most every cutting edge technology or other scientific field is located out of some US institution. Where do you come up with some of this stuff?
Funny you should mention Boeing, who's latest aircraft, the 787 Dreamliner, turned into an outsourced nightmare of a mess.

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/bo ... oversight/

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... r-grounded

And like it or not, innovation always begins where things are already being made.

http://www.manufacturingnews.com/news/PIE0925131.html