Peddler of lies

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Peddler of lies

Post by Tunnelcat »

Mr. Trump has been provably caught in a lie, a lie that calls into question whether he can separate his business interests while performing the work of the people, IF he's elected president. Clearly, he's arrogant enough to think he can buy off any politician he wants in order to get what HE wants, not what WE want. Either way, he's just as comfortable promulgating lies as Clinton is. So who now has trust issues? :wink:

http://europe.newsweek.com/donald-trump ... ing-502144
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Peddler of lies

Post by Spidey »

What’s the point…who are you going to convince?

You don’t even need one hand to count the people on this board who don’t know Trump is a liar.

Maybe if we are all lucky, aliens will attack and take over.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Spidey wrote:
I'm just hoping one of them keels over dead before the election.

Both of them dying would be best...but we're not that lucky.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MD-1118 »

Spidey wrote:What’s the point…who are you going to convince?

You don’t even need one hand to count the people on this board who don’t know Trump is a liar.

If Trump gets elected that will never happen, because he'll just build a wall around the planet to keep them out, and he'll make them pay for it too. "Make Earth Great Again."
To him, boredom was a greater evil than hunger or sexual frustration, for boredom signaled the waste of a mind.
~ Anthony Piers, Ghost
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

:)
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

the alien takeover idea is novel. :lol:

point well taken re most of accept that Trump is a daily, serial liar. The NYT made an article today out of this weeks lies alone:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016 ... .html?_r=0
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Serial liar? Like Obama saying he never knew about hillary's server yet now we find out he posted to it regularly with a pseudonym. And lets look at Hillary's lastet lie...that she is in good health. From her personal physician:
What Clinton had was a deep vein thrombosis, or venous thromboembolism (VTE). The blood clot is usually in the leg, and in Hillary’s case, it was behind the right knee.

Now Dr. Bardack (Clintons Physician) revealed that Hillary had had two others. The first, in 2009, was another VTE, but the second was still more serious. It was a right transverse cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST). This is a clot in one of the two channels between layers of the dura, the membrane enclosing the brain, which receive blood and cerebrospinal fluid. A clot here means that blood flow out of the brain is impeded, and there is the potential for a hemorrhage if there’s leakage into the cerebral tissues. The Johns Hopkins Health Library refers to it as a rare form of stroke affecting only five in one million individuals. It’s treated with anti-seizure medicines as well as anticoagulants, and the complications range from impaired speech, difficulty moving parts of the body, and vision problems to death.
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... rgain.html

So if you still think Hillary Clintons last episode had anything to do with pneumonia, I have some bridges I can sell you cheap. And if you like liars vote for Hillary by all means.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Wood, how much time per day do you spend reading stuff like that?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote:Wood, how much time per day do you spend reading stuff like that?
Did you read the link or just knee jerking?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I made it about a quarter way through before I got bored of the armchair diagnosis.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Woody if you were grasping at any more straws you could open up a goddamn McDonald's franchise.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Vander wrote:I made it about a quarter way through before I got bored of the armchair diagnosis.

I had a quick skim of it. It was quite obvious that blog had no understanding of the medical report at hand.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

He's completely obsessed. Needs a hobby.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote:I made it about a quarter way through before I got bored of the armchair diagnosis.
Armchair? What I quoted was from her personal physician...or do you include her with a armchair diagnosis?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote:Woody if you were grasping at any more straws you could open up a goddamn McDonald's franchise.
Grasping? Just what is there that I am grasping at when her own physician is telling us Hillary's problems?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote:
He's completely obsessed. Needs a hobby.
And such are the replies when no real rebuttal can be presented.

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:Armchair? What I quoted was from her personal physician...or do you include her with a armchair diagnosis?
None of the text you present is a quote from Clinton's physician. It's an interpretation from a "Jay Michaels." So yes, I'm saying "Jay Michaels" is playing armchair doctor.

I haven't a clue if Clinton is healthy, but I'm willing to take her doctors word for it over some random guy on the internet. I have no rebuttal for what he writes because what's the point. I'm not qualified to assess Clinton's physical well being, and the problem is that this makes me about equal to "Jay Michaels."
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote:
woodchip wrote:Armchair? What I quoted was from her personal physician...or do you include her with a armchair diagnosis?
None of the text you present is a quote from Clinton's physician. It's an interpretation from a "Jay Michaels." So yes, I'm saying "Jay Michaels" is playing armchair doctor.
What Clinton had was a deep vein thrombosis, or venous thromboembolism (VTE). The blood clot is usually in the leg, and in Hillary’s case, it was behind the right knee.
Simple stating what Hillery herself said happened to her. No interpretation.
Now Dr. Bardack (Clintons Physician) revealed that Hillary had had two others. The first, in 2009, was another VTE, but the second was still more serious. It was a right transverse cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST).
This is right off the july letter Bardack submitted about Hillary's health. No interpretation here.
This is a clot in one of the two channels between layers of the dura, the membrane enclosing the brain, which receive blood and cerebrospinal fluid. A clot here means that blood flow out of the brain is impeded, and there is the potential for a hemorrhage if there’s leakage into the cerebral tissues. The Johns Hopkins Health Library refers to it as a rare form of stroke affecting only five in one million individuals. It’s treated with anti-seizure medicines as well as anticoagulants, and the complications range from impaired speech, difficulty moving parts of the body, and vision problems to death.
Any argument as to the correctness of this statement?

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I haven't a clue if the statement is correct. For all I know it can just as easily be a verbatim quote from a respectable medical textbook as a quote from General Hospital. My point is that random guy on the internet (me included!) is not a very good position from which to accurately speculate that a potential effect of an ailment Clinton has endured has actually occurred.

Clinton seems like a relatively healthy 70 year old woman with a sharp mind and plenty of stamina. Her doctor says as much. That's good enough for me because tomorrow is promised to no one, not even the all powerful Clintons.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So first it is a interpretation and now you don't know if it is true...yet you have no difficulty in casting aspersions towards me and the author. This is not the Vander I used to debate.

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Heh, are we really going to debate semantics? Fine. The bit you put in this thread has no quote from Clinton's doctor. It has been rewritten by the author of the article you link. Interpreted? Paraphrased? Call it whatever you'd like except a quote by Clinton's doctor.

The author goes on to list "potential" effects of Clinton's ailment, and "potential" effects of those effects. The author then posits that Clinton is suffering these effects and Clinton and her doctor are lying to cover it up. All the while, what makes the author in any way qualified to make these judgements? He lists no credentials, and his previous articles show no specialization in medical coverage. Is he right? I don't know! But why should I listen to him? Because he did some google searches? This is what makes his diagnosis "armchair." I'm sorry if you think I'm impugning his honor, and yours by association, but it is what it is. I was legitimately curious as to how far you go down these rabbit holes.

No, I'm not going to try to prove a negative and say Clinton is absolutely just fine. It's a fools errand. I can be completely right in saying you're wrong, and she can still die tomorrow! I mean what are we discussing, the prediction of future health complications? Here's a prediction, we're all going to degenerate and die. So I guess all you have to do is stick to your guns on this one and you'll be proven right. Congrats?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Clearly you're missing the point, Vander. This is every bit as legitimate of a medical write-up as the one written in five minutes by a guy sitting in the back seat of Trump's car.
MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MD-1118 »

Hillary is fast approaching the age where senility, Alzheimer's, and dementia become real issues for many people. She is also the age at which my own grandfather suffered a stroke and had to have a quadruple heart bypass. Embolisms are just the tip of the iceberg, although still very real threats. Clinton's physician may very well be lying to cover up these issues as well. Is this really the person we want to elect for President?

See, I can do it too!* :D

*mandatory invoking of Poe's Law
To him, boredom was a greater evil than hunger or sexual frustration, for boredom signaled the waste of a mind.
~ Anthony Piers, Ghost
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

this is what the election is about. This cannot be allowed to stand unchallenged and not be completely rejected. The hell with side issues, little kids at the Bloomsburg, PA county fair had to walk past this vendor:

"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Side issues he says…

Then brings one of them up.

See…you can’t beat irony like this.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

no, that is not a side issue, that is the ONLY issue at this point, or ought to be. If we don't stop this nationalistic, xenophobic upswell, all other issues will become moot.
George Orwell---"1984"
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

callmeslick wrote:Image
Wow, that is truly pathetic.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:What’s the point…who are you going to convince?

As much as I dislike Clinton, I think it's patently unfair that Clinton is called untrustworthy when Trump has spouted more whopper falsehoods than Hillary ever has in her entire career. Fair is fair. But you're right Spidey. Deluded supporters will never see that their savior, Trump the Magnificent, is anything less than an honest, hardworking businessman. They're blind to the slime constantly oozing out of this mouth that he calls the truth. But I can't resist trying, because Trump reminds me of all those shitty bullies I had to deal with in High School, the ones that always got away with everything, but contributed nothing. :wink:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... nt-so-far/
MD-1118 wrote:Hillary is fast approaching the age where senility, Alzheimer's, and dementia become real issues for many people. She is also the age at which my own grandfather suffered a stroke and had to have a quadruple heart bypass. Embolisms are just the tip of the iceberg, although still very real threats. Clinton's physician may very well be lying to cover up these issues as well. Is this really the person we want to elect for President?
Think of it as a win, win MD-1118. If she wins and then croaks, at least we get Tim Kaine as pres. :wink:

Woody, your favorite country to hate has even sampled the Hillary is sick and going to die and shouldn't be elected Kool-Aid. WHY do they want Trump to win so bad? :wink:

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Couldn't be because the orangutan is practically gobbing Putin's knob, no sir!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Thanks for that lovely picture Top Gun. Now I have to go bleach my brain. :lol:
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Grendel, what is especially painful for me to see is that photo is up in the PA mountains that I love. Certainly, that vendor isn't representative of most, or even all that many, but the scary part is that there are enough so that such a display, for kids to see at a fair, is TOLERATED. Twenty years ago, his stand, or at the very least his flag would have been burned within a matter of minutes. Trump is DIRECTLY responsible for encouraging the mindset, although it has reared its head ever since a black fella got elected President.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

here we go, a new trend?
http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/09/26/j ... i-uniform/

thanks, Donald.
George Orwell---"1984"