DBB Unofficial Poll

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Who for president?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Clinton
33%
Trump
25%
Johnson
17%
Stein
25%

Total votes: 12
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

DBB Unofficial Poll

Post by LightWolf »

Cast your vote now.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: DBB Unofficial Poll

Post by Nightshade »

LightWolf wrote:Cast your vote now.
What? No giant meteor option?

:shock:
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I support this view of Vladimir Putin at the International Economic Forum in St. Petersburg.
Here they all are taught how to live, and teach democracy. What, you think that there is democratic presidential election, or something .. Look: twice in US history elected a president by a majority of electoral votes, and these electors stood fewer voters. Is that democracy, or what? And when we say, "Do not go, it's none of your business, so we are accustomed to," I feel like saying, "Well then, do not meddle with us. What are you getting that? Understand itself at first»
Note: Translated by Google Translator, it is not entirely correct, but the meaning is clear.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

The only reason that people don't directly elect the president is because of this:
Alexander Hamilton (the Federalist Papers) wrote:It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations. It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief.
Basically the Founding Fathers didn't want someone trying to manipulate the public into electing them so that they could completely wreck the country.

Though I do admit they don't always make the best decisions sometimes...
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

LightWolf wrote:Though I do admit they don't always make the best decisions sometimes...
True. They designed a system that prevented dangers they knew about, but they were hopeless to imagine the world we have today. It was a good start though!
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

vision wrote:It was a good start though!
In my opinion, this was originally a poor start, similar to the Roman Empire or Hitler's Germany. It is very good that Russia stop it in a timely manner, so we all together still can serenely sleep and can raise children. Otherwise, it is not difficult to imagine that would happen to America as a result of this "good" start.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

I insist this candidate be added:

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I would like to repeat once again the idea of a dark horse.
And.
Why not make the US President a representative of the native nation of America? This could have a positive effect.
Though actually I think that if the President will even Paris Hilton, US policy will change little without the influence of Russia.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

"Ooooooo! Can Googie play with da horsies?"