October surprise?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

October surprise?

Post by callmeslick »

although, as I stated to Woodchip a while ago, there is a LOT of fresh dirt to bring forth on the Donald, while Hillary is still dealing with the same 3 issues that have been beaten to death(Bill, email, Benghazi....period). This will not help with women, and it might not sit well with Evangelicals:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz

I'm hearing second hand info about pro polling showing Indy voters evaporating from Trump at 10% per week, and Hillary approaching drawing even for the overall white vote, in which case Trump is doomed to lose(as he was destined from August 1 or so), but now to lose in dramatic, anchor-on-the-party fashion. I'm guessing we'll see at least 3 more major 'finds' in the coming weeks, and with the Russians protesting Trump criticism in the UN, his friends aren't much help at the moment.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: October surprise?

Post by Tunnelcat »

I posted about it in my Orange Creep thread and there's even more dirt on another subject as well.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I'm thinking that the floodgates open before the Buffoon has to stand up before voters that he didn't hand select(as in his trial run yesterday), who have this stuff on their mind when asking questions. And, the flood will continue unabated until November 8.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Oh, he's absolute TOAST. The only question remaining is whether the Republican party will disavow him before Sunday's debate. Wow. Even I didn't see this rolling this fast. Frankly, I was waiting for the Apprentice outtakes to be made public and finish him off altogether.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Paul Ryan just disinvited Trump from the Wisconsin rally this weekend and disavowed Trump's comments. Romney even piled on. Now Trump is poison property. Wanna bet that Trump will not show for the next debate? Maybe the Republican leadership is hoping for Trump to perform a self-denomination? :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

the BIG, and I mean BIGproblem for the GOP is that they waited far too late and now are tied to the clown. They can disavow, and run like scared rats and hope for cover in their home districts, but this is the sort of tar and feathers that can take the party down for a decade, and they know it. Wasn't like they both weren't warned, and weren't aware of the reality they were backing. Damn shame, couldn't happen to a nicer group of (mostly) guys.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Just tuned in Fox News. They aren't saying hardly a peep. Ouch! And what about poor Ivanka Trump who on camera claimed her dad was never a groper?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:Just tuned in Fox News. They aren't saying hardly a peep. Ouch! And what about poor Ivanka Trump who on camera claimed her dad was never a groper?
What does Chelsea say about her dad?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:Just tuned in Fox News. They aren't saying hardly a peep. Ouch! And what about poor Ivanka Trump who on camera claimed her dad was never a groper?
What does Chelsea say about her dad?
not much past the fact that Juanita Broderick has been PAID to harass her about it.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

what has thus far been overlooked, or simply not touched upon yet, is FAR more important than childish banter around groping and sexual assault. No, what is being displayed in this tape is Trump's view of the ENTITLEMENT that comes with power. He says as much, "I'm a star, so I can.....". He's running for arguably the most powerful position on the planet. What would holding THAT job entitle him to? You can bet it goes far beyond crotch grabbing.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:although, as I stated to Woodchip a while ago, there is a LOT of fresh dirt to bring forth on the Donald, while Hillary is still dealing with the same 3 issues that have been beaten to death(Bill, email, Benghazi....period). This will not help with women, and it might not sit well with Evangelicals:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz

I'm hearing second hand info about pro polling showing Indy voters evaporating from Trump at 10% per week, and Hillary approaching drawing even for the overall white vote, in which case Trump is doomed to lose(as he was destined from August 1 or so), but now to lose in dramatic, anchor-on-the-party fashion. I'm guessing we'll see at least 3 more major 'finds' in the coming weeks, and with the Russians protesting Trump criticism in the UN, his friends aren't much help at the moment.
And yet Hillary still refuses to release transcripts of her paid speeches to wall street like she promised.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

oh, please, Woody, stop already. Your boy is toast. Absolute, lose 45 states free fall disaster type toast. Get over it.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

oh, and Woody, this isn't the end. Remember when I told you Trump and his clown car full of surrogates were no way prepared to go to war with a Clinton camp armed with about half a billion dollars to spend on Opposition Research. You don't think the Apprentice outtakes are coming? Or, maybe direct links with Russian oligarchs or Putin himself? Or,FBI records on mafia contacts? On and on, Trump is every bit the gold mine of October surprises I warned you he was. Enjoy the ride.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I see you can't argue about what I posted. No Hillary Clinton is toast as Trump is ahead of her in electoral votes.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:oh, and Woody, this isn't the end. Remember when I told you Trump and his clown car full of surrogates were no way prepared to go to war with a Clinton camp armed with about half a billion dollars to spend on Opposition Research. You don't think the Apprentice outtakes are coming? Or, maybe direct links with Russian oligarchs or Putin himself? Or,FBI records on mafia contacts? On and on, Trump is every bit the gold mine of October surprises I warned you he was. Enjoy the ride.
Maybe, maybe, maybe....yawn.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:I see you can't argue about what I posted. No Hillary Clinton is toast as Trump is ahead of her in electoral votes.
which hallucinogens are you on? In absolutely NO POLL, ANYPLACE, was Trump EVER ahead in electoral votes. EVER.
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

callmeslick wrote:which hallucinogens are you on?
That could explain the last five years.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Do we have enough evidence to get woody forcibly committed for the safety of the general public yet? I think we're at that point.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

boy, does the contrast get more vivid by the day.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Whoever did that one missed it just slightly. They needed a photo of Trump with his "O" mouth in full bloom. Much more appropriate given the circumstances. :P
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Get us a cartoon of peoples expressions when they found out they couldn't keep their doctor nor could they keep their plan. Go on TC tell us what you think. Personally I'd rather have Trump in the White House, at least then we'd get a straight answer: Oh and how many people support Hillary at her speeches?:
Thousands of people cheered for Republican Donald Trump to stay in the race in Bakersfield, California, Saturday.
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/thou ... rump-stay/

Trumps not going anywhere but to the White House...Hillary OTOH....

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Get yourself out of this ★■◆● as you can before it's too late. Russia always online. Although as far as I know, it seems for Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin quite often turn on answering machine.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote:Do we have enough evidence to get woody forcibly committed for the safety of the general public yet? I think we're at that point.
Liberals be afwaid....be very very afwaid.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

afraid of WHAT? You see, Woody, that is sort of the defining aspect of 'liberal' v 'conservative' anymore in America. Conservatives are trying to make people afraid, and most liberals just aren't afraid all the time.
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Wood, what makes you so optimistic about Trump's chances? Can you direct me? I want to be afraid.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

maybe he wants us to be afraid of how the Trumptards will act when they lose 45 states in the General Election and realize that 70% of the nation views them as deplorable losers?
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote:Wood, what makes you so optimistic about Trump's chances? Can you direct me? I want to be afraid.
Just google crowd attendance for either candidate.

Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

callmeslick wrote:Image

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote:
Vander wrote:Wood, what makes you so optimistic about Trump's chances? Can you direct me? I want to be afraid.
Just google crowd attendance for either candidate.
I forgot that we'd amended the Constitution to decide the election based on head count at mouth-frothing rallies.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

callmeslick wrote:No, what is being displayed in this tape is Trump's view of the ENTITLEMENT that comes with power. He says as much, "I'm a star, so I can.....".
You are aware that you could substitute Clinton's name in your statement and it would remain true, right?
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

actually, the more I've looked, no, it doesn't ring the same. I get your insinuation, but I'm not finding loads of evidence of using power(which she's never really had a lot of, as a Junior Senator, Cabinet member or First Lady) to actually inflict harm upon others. For instance, do you think she, when elected, will demand a full IRS report on the last 20 years of Trumps taxes? No, she won't, I have great faith, yet his 'first act in office' would be to start another witch hunt investigation.
George Orwell---"1984"
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

callmeslick wrote:No, she won't, I have great faith, yet his 'first act in office' would be to start another witch hunt investigation.
(Don't mistake this as supporting Trump) Isn't that the leader of the executive office's job - to lead law enforcement efforts?
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

snoopy wrote:Isn't that the leader of the executive office's job - to lead law enforcement efforts?
Sure, but context is key. Opening and investigation to jail your opposition is closer to the likes of Erdoğan and Hussein when we need more Mandela's and Mujica's.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

snoopy wrote:
callmeslick wrote:No, she won't, I have great faith, yet his 'first act in office' would be to start another witch hunt investigation.
(Don't mistake this as supporting Trump) Isn't that the leader of the executive office's job - to lead law enforcement efforts?
and, that would infer this to be the foremost criminal issue facing the nation. Pathetic. No doubt, you will be so charitable when she demands 20 years of IRS audits be fast-tracked,because that's the executive's prerogative, right?
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

George Will wrote:...Third, by persevering through Nov. 8 he can simplify the GOP’s quadrennial exercise of writing its post-campaign autopsy, which this year can be published Nov. 9 in one sentence: “Perhaps it is imprudent to nominate a venomous charlatan.”

the last conservative with both intellect and a spine standing. I thought Paul Ryan might jump up and join him but old Paul just can't find the old cajones.
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Intellect and spine? I sure hope there's more introspection in whatever article you're quoting from than simply scapegoating Trump. Will has certainly done his part to build the alternate reality from whence Trump voters came. He's not Limbaugh, but what has he done to pierce the bubble before Trump came along?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

you need to read more from George Will. He is, at the very least, an intellectual conservative, one capable of putting some real ideas forward.
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

If you say so. I don't read much Will. His is not an opinion I seek out, because when it seeks me out, I find it pretty lacking. For example this thread. In my opinion, Will is the type of conservative who has helped cultivate the reality Trump voters inhabit. Like I said, he isn't Limbaugh or Hannity. No, he just steadfastly turns a blind eye from his influential post has "respected commentator." Now, I can accept that he didn't see all this coming as it was happening, because he certainly wasn't looking. But if, in an attempt at hindsight, he's going to focus on Trump as some sort of Pied Piper... well, I don't see the intellect and spine.

But hey, I only saw a single quote from and article I didn't read. I could be wrong.