guess the 2016 election game

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re: guess the 2016 election game

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote:Alright. I'll stick to my original prediction.

Clinton wins. I wager the two weeks. :P

http://descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22769

you've already lost. it's too late to change it now.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I have a better game. Tonight, whenever a talking head mentions the 2020 election, take a drink. If by morning we're all dead from alcohol poisoning, that will be a better outcome.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

just tweaked an old campaign warrior from my PA days with just that encouraging word: 2020 campaign starts tomorrow by noon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

the fundraising emails and calls will commence on Thursday.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote:
Nightshade wrote:Alright. I'll stick to my original prediction.

Clinton wins. I wager the two weeks. :P

http://descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22769

you've already lost. it's too late to change it now.
The votes haven't even been counted. Why is it too late? Because you said so?
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

vision: Hillary - Until Saturday, January 21st 2017.
Nightshade: Hillary - Two weeks.
tunnelcat: Hillary - Two weeks.
callmeslick: Hillary - Two weeks.
woodchip: Trump - Two weeks.
Ferno: Hillary - Two Months.
BlueFlames: Hillary - 3.5 Years!!!

Either it is going to be really quiet in here for a couple weeks, or woodchip is going to be wearing a funny avatar for 8 months. :P
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

for the record, he's had a funny avatar since I arrived here. :wink:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
BlueFlames
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BlueFlames »

Krom wrote:Either it is going to be really quiet in here for a couple weeks, or woodchip is going to be wearing a funny avatar for 8 months. :P
Just doing what I can for gambling democracy schadenfraude. :twisted2:
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I will make my answer Trump to stand in solidarity with woodchip.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote: Because you said so?

because of this:
Krom wrote:Current tally:
vision: Hillary - Until Saturday, January 21st 2017
Nightshade: refuses to guess - loses by default, has to post a selfy from a mosque
tunnelcat: refuses to guess - loses by default, has to post a selfy with George W. Bush
callmeslick: Hillary - Two weeks?
woodchip: Trump - Two weeks?
:)
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Yikes.

The way it looks now...the Trumptards might win. OMG... :o

/me slaps forehead repeatedly. "Hillary might be toast...I won't be able to post! (for 2 weeks)"

Some little bonuses: we won't be in danger of getting WW3 as Trump will possibly pull us away from the brink with Russia..and Obama's face as he stands behind Trump at the inauguration will be priceless.

:shock:
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Well...Woody wins..

And now he'll be all alone for two weeks. I'm wondering how disappointed he'll be when Trump doesn't build a wall...doesn't deport Mexicans...and doesn't bring back jobs. :P
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

see you guys in two months.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I am going to be physically ill.

Go ★■◆● yourselves, America. You ★■◆●ing disgust me.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I know I'm a mod, but please ban me for two weeks.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Congrats to the winner! It probably won't be so bad. The thing we can always rely on is that nothing in Washington ever changes. See you in a couple months.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote:I am going to be physically ill.

Go ★■◆● yourselves, America. You ★■◆●ing disgust me.
How gracious of you. :roll:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

★■◆● graciousness. Half of the people in this country voted for a racist, misogynist, anti-intellectual, small-minded, petty, temperamental, general piece of human excrement. For ★■◆●'s sake, this is a man who COULD NOT BE ★■◆●ing TRUSTED TO RUN A TWITTER ACCOUNT. A grown man. And yet he is someone that people would trust to lead the most powerful country on Earth, to control America's armed forces, to tread international waters that are more complex than ever.

And the Dow is already plummeting. This is your much-touted economic rebirth. Again, ★■◆● you America.
BlueFlames
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BlueFlames »

See you in 2020.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Top Gun wrote:Again, ★■◆● you America.
There's a whole world out there, just move out of the US ! I'm sure we all will understand if you do. :lol:
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Top Gun wrote:★■◆● graciousness. Half of the people in this country voted for a racist, misogynist, anti-intellectual, small-minded, petty, temperamental, general piece of human excrement. For ★■◆●'s sake, this is a man who COULD NOT BE ★■◆●ing TRUSTED TO RUN A TWITTER ACCOUNT. A grown man. And yet he is someone that people would trust to lead the most powerful country on Earth, to control America's armed forces, to tread international waters that are more complex than ever.

And the Dow is already plummeting. This is your much-touted economic rebirth. Again, ★■◆● you America.
Hyperbole much?

I do think that the Dow plummeting is interesting... sort of the definition of a self-fulfilling prophecy, considering that Trump won't be making any decisions that impact on the economy (as president) for the next couple months and yet you're already attributing the plummet to Trump. Where's the willingness to wait and see what the guy actually does before driving the bus over the cliff?
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Top Gun wrote:★■◆● graciousness. Half of the people in this country voted for a racist, misogynist, anti-intellectual, small-minded, petty, temperamental, general piece of human excrement. For ★■◆●'s sake, this is a man who COULD NOT BE ★■◆●ing TRUSTED TO RUN A TWITTER ACCOUNT. A grown man. And yet he is someone that people would trust to lead the most powerful country on Earth, to control America's armed forces, to tread international waters that are more complex than ever.

Looks like the DOW is taking it in stride right now. Either way, both of these choices were clusterf*cks in the making. It'll just take a little while longer to see the screwjob that Trump ends up creating. For sure we'll see a right wing dominated SCOTUS pretty soon. I'm also predicting that we'll probably see another Great Depression, a WWIII, the loss or privatization of SS and Medicare, the loss of our federal public lands, or if he goes too far, an impeachment in Trump's presidential future, because he definitely won't respect the Constitution to get what he wants. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

what I posted elsewhere on the matter, after which I'll disappear(it seems no actual ban was imposed) for two weeks(which works out nice with Rockfish season on tap for the next 5 days, and then getting ready for Thanksgiving):

I wrote this, in reply to one of my Progressive friends, and would add that some liberals, rather than dismissing 'rednecks' and others coming out in droves last night, need to understand that the concerns of many are valid. They are NOT all rooted in some sort of idiotic racism,or the like. FEAR is what they are gripped by, and it is essentially the same fear many people on the left have.:

until, and unless, the American left learns how to form coalitions around shared interests, consensus on contended issues and figure out how the US electoral system works, you can expect a further decline into a right-wing hell. The rest of the population does not sufficiently embrace the whole agenda, but parts of Bernie and Warren's ideas are absolutely vital and could be sold to the greater population. But, and this is the crux, to do so would require the sort of consensus and coalition groundwork that Clinton and Kaine offered. Sad that so many on the left failed to grasp that. Sad that ALL of us will now pay for that failure.

This said, I just made an inadvertant killing on my defense and finance stocks today, which makes some sense, I suppose. Look, we survived Millard Fillmore, US Grant(two terms), Warren Harding, etc. Let's wait and see.
Congrats to Woody, who had it right. Having lost a few and won a few over the years, I know your feeling today. Enjoy it, and then prepare to defend Trumps actions and decisions going forward.
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I didn’t vote for either party, but I have to admit I am enjoying the meltdown. Watching the Democrats blame everything under the sun except their crappy candidate.

And what did we learn, from this election…

Santa Claus can be beaten.
The primaries are a complete cluster ★■◆●.
Liberals aren’t as smart as they like to think they are. (referring to the polls)
You “can” win an election with only white folks.
Never underestimate pissed off people.
You can’t take voting blocs for granted.
Be careful about what you wish for. (wanting to run against Trump)
Discovering religion every four years ain’t worth ★■◆●.
Don’t run crappy candidates…even if the other side is worse.
Enthusiasm can trump a ground game.

Congratz woody

And hail to the groper in chief :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Enjoy a couple weeks of quiet time, it just started.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

See, then problem with this game is that woodchip doesn't get to savor the tears of the vanquished.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

snoopy wrote:

Hyperbole much?

I do think that the Dow plummeting is interesting... sort of the definition of a self-fulfilling prophecy, considering that Trump won't be making any decisions that impact on the economy (as president) for the next couple months and yet you're already attributing the plummet to Trump. Where's the willingness to wait and see what the guy actually does before driving the bus over the cliff?
The Dow closed 250 points up. Will Trump get the credit for that?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote:See, then problem with this game is that woodchip doesn't get to savor the tears of the vanquished.
I'm already savoring TG's tears.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I ain't ★■◆●ing crying, woody, because at the end of the day I can take comfort in the fact that you are on the wrong side of history. This was perhaps the last desperate gasp of a worldview that is dying, and for good reason. Your days are numbered. The generations that follow don't take bull★■◆● lying down, and in two or four years they'll remember this day, and there will be a reckoning. Give it a couple of decades, and the general public will look back on you and your ilk and laugh in disdain, just as we do today to the Know-Nothings (oh wait) and segregationists (oh wait again). Our children will create a far better world, and you will be relegated to a sad footnote in a textbook somewhere. And it will be wonderful.
Grendel wrote:There's a whole world out there, just move out of the US ! I'm sure we all will understand if you do. :lol:
If I had the means I honestly might, but at the same time I'm not willing to let some bloviating despicable fuckwit and his teeming uneducated lackeys destroy this place I've always called home. I'm going to do my damnedest to stand up for those groups whom Trump's ilk seem determined to oppress, and to fight for intelligence and rationality over ignorance and short-sightedness. We can and will correct this ★■◆●.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

So woodchip, do you have any ideas for a funny rank/title image to pin on everyone else for a couple weeks?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

A gnome sitting in the corner with a dunce cap on with the word "Politics". Dumber the gnome looks the better.

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Google image search for it, I've got a full time job largely away from computers so you will have to find the image you want. :P
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Nice Vander. That would work.

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Nice, I think I'll wait till the standard 2 weeks are up, so you can see (about half of them) posting with it. :P