I voted, did you?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

I voted, did you?

Post by callmeslick »

My district, here in northern Delaware, leans so heavily to the Republicans that the Dems don't even run a candidate for State House. That said, I just witnessed, for over an hour, a literal parade of women, many in white, many wearing pantsuits, laughing, high-fiving and coming in WAVES. I think I know how this one is coming out. Settling down to a day by the phone, running folks to the polls if needed(less busy for that down here compared to where I lived in PA). Then, it's a Taco Feast with a side of steamed shrimp and drawn butter with a couple bottles of wine and a night of celebration.

Nov 8, 2016---Pussy grabs back.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: I voted, did you?

Post by Top Gun »

I got in and out in under 5 minutes, though admittedly I snuck in before most people are getting out of work. My mom had to vote soon after the polls opened, and she said it was pretty packed then. I'd imagine it'll be a madhouse tonight.

Kind of bummed though. No nutjobs with Trump shirts packing .357s, and the bastards didn't even give me a sticker. :(
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Voted last week, no lines. :)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Wish we had that. Pennsylvania will be the last state in the union to allow it, just like most other things.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Yes.
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Voted by mail, two weeks ago. Picked Stein since I'm in California and my vote amounts to noise, though honestly I admit she's not as qualified as Hillary, but I also don't think she's dangerous and I've become more of a "left-leaning third-party" guy in my old age.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I early voted for Gary Johnson. I know he's neither as knowledgeable nor as experienced as Hillary Clinton, but Clinton is bellicose, and I have grave concerns about her foreign policy. She pushed for arming the Syrian rebels, and she wanted to support the failed Green Revolution in Iran. We know how well her regime toppling has worked in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya, but she doesn't seem to have learned any lessons there. Her rhetoric during the debates was as hawkish as ever.

I know that Gary Johnson won't win, but if I always vote for the same party no matter what they believe or do, then why should they adopt my values if they know they can get my vote regardless? I'm not a cheap vote.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Regarding Jill Stein, I probably should have voted for her already this year, but if she runs again in 2020, barring either of the two major parties changing their foreign policy, I'll likely vote for her.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Voted around 1:00 and no lines.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

callmeslick wrote:Nov 8, 2016---Pussy grabs back.
Pussy is licking its wounds. :P