"Kompromat"

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

"Kompromat"

Post by Tunnelcat »

Update: Probably fake because of questions surrounding the legitimacy of the intelligence source.

Russian for "compromising material" and like any smart backroom wheeler dealers, they wanted to get something juicy on their buddy Donald Trump while they were digging around in everyone's computer files, and you KNOW they were covering all their bases. I'm guessing they did it for any future blackmail opportunities and it's not something we want an enemy state having that can potentially influence our president's decisions. All of this is "unverified" and also comes from a opposition political group (Democratic) and a former British agent who has difficulty spelling things which already makes the voracity of the document suspect, so we'll have to take this with a large dose of skepticism. But, when there's this much dirt creeping out from under the rug, there must be A LOT of actual dirt hiding under that rug. Time will tell if any of this is what Trump's team is out there calling "fake news", but by that time Trump will be president. :wink:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/t ... .stVLVlNPx

The raw document.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... ations.txt
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: "Kompromat"

Post by callmeslick »

not going to open or republish the Buzzfeed leak for the same reason I dismissed similar leaks. If the stuff is legit, it will come out.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:Russian for "compromising material" and like any smart backroom wheeler dealers, they wanted to get something juicy on their buddy Donald Trump while they were digging around in everyone's computer files, and you KNOW they were covering all their bases. I'm guessing they did it for any future blackmail opportunities and it's not something we want an enemy state having that can potentially influence our president's decisions. All of this is "unverified" and also comes from a opposition political group (Democratic) and a former British agent who has difficulty spelling things which already makes the voracity of the document suspect, so we'll have to take this with a large dose of skepticism. But, when there's this much dirt creeping out from under the rug, there must be A LOT of actual dirt hiding under that rug. Time will tell if any of this is what Trump's team is out there calling "fake news", but by that time Trump will be president. :wink:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/t ... .stVLVlNPx

The raw document.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... ations.txt
TC check the other threads as this has been pretty much debunked.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

NO, NONE OF IT HAS BEEN DEBUNKED!!! Not one bit of it. All that is known is that it hasn't been fully verified, and that the raw allegations were presented to the sitting President, the Pres-elect and members of Congress. A full report on the veracity of any of the 35(yes, 35) suggested vulnerabilities and compromising information has yet to be completed, but it is TRUE that a follow-up report to Congress and the White House is currently due by next Tuesday at the latest.

Quit lying to us, Woody.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Last I heard on the news this morning, the FBI was going to do some investigating on the matter. It ain't closed yet woody.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

tunnelcat wrote:Last I heard on the news this morning, the FBI was going to do some investigating on the matter. It ain't closed yet woody.
they, and the CIA have promised Congress and the White House that there WILL be a followup before next Tuesday. First of a few, I'd bet. Nothing is remotely close to closed. Some of those documents they are tracking back through apparently didn't get sent to McCain until recently, and I have no idea how recent the other information on Trump came forth. As I suggested over a year and a half back, Trump is an extortion goldmine, and a weak human being, a really dangerous combination.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yep. Someone did a hacker tool profile of Mr. Trump. Not very flattering.

http://americablog.com/2017/01/hacker-t ... weets.html
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:Last I heard on the news this morning, the FBI was going to do some investigating on the matter. It ain't closed yet woody.
the whole compromising story was made up on 4chan.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

That doesn't explain HOW this little tidbit of a story got into the intelligence agencies.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... story.html
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

oops :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:That doesn't explain HOW this little tidbit of a story got into the intelligence agencies.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... story.html
TC did you actually read your link. Once again only supposition.

Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

The power of trolls. Scary.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Hmmm. Trolls. Trump just got a golden present. Perhaps I should delete my entire thread. :roll:

http://www.activistpost.com/2017/01/epi ... -news.html
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

except TC, the story has fallen apart already. They are making a false claim, for whatever reason.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

callmeslick wrote:except TC, the story has fallen apart already. They are making a false claim, for whatever reason.
I'm going to keep watching the news for a while and see what fleshes out before passing judgement.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

tunnelcat wrote:
callmeslick wrote:except TC, the story has fallen apart already. They are making a false claim, for whatever reason.
I'm going to keep watching the news for a while and see what fleshes out before passing judgement.
that was why I, despite the irresistable chuckles at the very public leakage around showers :wink: have avoided reprinting the entire Buzzfeed document, which is around 26 pages long. I have no way of coming close to the needed verification, so it would be as unfair as all the floated lies about Obama. My issues are far more around the POTENTIAL exposure, coupled with the absolute lack of transparency, insistance on clearly unethical financial practices in office and especially the sort of bogus attack on real journalists such as we saw today(aimed at CNN which printed absolutely NOTHING that was not both true, and verified true by every major news outlet around the planet). Damned dangerous territory. He shows every earmark of a guy who is under the thumb of a serious IOU.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

an old fishing buddy, about my age, from Idaho just made a comment worth wondering about. He noted that at the moment, Trump might be getting blackmailed by BOTH the Russians and the US intelligence infrastructure.
George Orwell---"1984"
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

To do what ?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I get the strong impression that Trump would not be an easy target for blackmail.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Grendel wrote:To do what ?
Who knows. He'll soon be President of the United States. :wink:
Spidey wrote:I get the strong impression that Trump would not be an easy target for blackmail.
Come on. The man is thin-skinned and arrogant. He thinks nothing of using people to get what he wants. He's already pissed off a lot of people in our intelligence agencies and someone may just hold a grudge.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sorta remains to be seen, dontcha think? Geez, do I have to walk you through adult thinking processes, or doesn't this potential for compromise worry your little head?
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:I get the strong impression that Trump would not be an easy target for blackmail.
nah, just ridicule, at a level that could completely destroy his credibility around the planet.
George Orwell---"1984"
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

callmeslick wrote:
sorta remains to be seen, dontcha think? Geez, do I have to walk you through adult thinking processes, or doesn't this potential for compromise worry your little head?
Not at all. If true: Trump has a problem and it's exposed. If false: the backstabbing and the MOFOS that do it are now exposed. Win/win in my book.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

ok, Grendel, perhaps I misread your thrust. I sort of see it your way, as a win/win, clearing out stuff which shouldn't get to such levels. That' is why I've been fending off some of my more strongly partisan friends bellowing about not swearing him in. The guy is getting into office, but under a tremendous cloud, no voter mandate, as a minority EC winner, likely under attack from all directions. Am I a bit leery of how ugly it gets along the road to whatever outcome you lay out? Damned right, I am.........
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Grendel wrote:Not at all. If true: Trump has a problem and it's exposed. If false: the backstabbing and the MOFOS that do it are now exposed. Win/win in my book.
Wanna bet even if something untoward is ever exposed as true, he'll still claim it's false and actually get away with it, because that's the way this man works and that's the way his "supporters" think. There are no facts, only Trump Truths. :wink:

Oh, and Buzzfeed is still standing behind the publishing of this story, even though this "questionable intelligence information" was leaked months ago. One thing's for sure, it was at least comedy (cough) gold for liberals. :lol:

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

OK, my pal on the other board, frequently an adversary in debates(he hated Clinton unreasonably, and doesn't accept certain economic principles I adhere to), who I respect because of his 20 years of military service, and unwavering loyalty to the national interest, vetted this source. He was pooh poohing my initial reservations about Trump, but when this source published this version of the report, he felt it reflected a true professional acceptance of the sourcing and potential of the allegations in the report. So for all to peruse:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/li ... ations.htm
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Veeeeeeeeeery interesting. Good read. Thanks slick.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Sloppy vetting -- same document disclosed here. See http://www.globalsecurity.org/ , right side bar "Document In The News".
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

another communication thing, Grendel. He felt, based on the reputation of the site in the link, that when THEY felt it worth of publication, with caveats as edited in, the document passed the credibility test. It wasn't like they were publishing another entire report, and didn't mean to imply THAT. Merely that respected intelligence professionals are placing serious weight in the legitimacy of the published material.I have seen that report for at least 2 days now, in its entirety, but not trusting Buzzfeed or Vox or any other sources, I refused to even post it for discussion. I know find it significant enough that every American ought to ponder the potential for harm. Where the hell we go from here is, like virtually everything in the past couple years, likely to be historic.

edit--linkage to the full 35 page report, with redactions can be found at the 'Source' links at the top of the page here, by the way.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:OK, my pal on the other board, frequently an adversary in debates(he hated Clinton unreasonably, and doesn't accept certain economic principles I adhere to), who I respect because of his 20 years of military service, and unwavering loyalty to the national interest, vetted this source. He was pooh poohing my initial reservations about Trump, but when this source published this version of the report, he felt it reflected a true professional acceptance of the sourcing and potential of the allegations in the report. So for all to peruse:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/li ... ations.htm
This is too much like Sen Reid and his "friend" that said Romney hadn't paid his taxes. Sorry slick, stop using friends from a forum that can only offer pretend intelligence reports.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

put on your brown shirts and dance.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:put on your brown shirts and dance.
I will and look forward to the day my fellow brown shirts dance in your living room :wink:

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
I will and look forward to the day my fellow brown shirts dance in your living room :wink:
and, why would that ever happen?
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:
Seriously woody? You'd even make a joke along those lines? :roll:

So, it now appears that the former British agent who was behind that recent unverified Trump report about his supposed scandalous relationship with Russia and his supposed side entertainment with hookers has apparently gone into hiding along with his family, out of fear for his life. He's also the same agent who aided the FBI in a 2015 soccer scandal probe, which led to dozens of U.S. indictments. I guess some of the information he scrounges up is credible enough for the FBI to use for prosecuting people. :wink:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bri ... 8057fe0e20
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

tunnelcat wrote:Seriously woody? You'd even make a joke along those lines? :roll:
When someone accuses you of being a Nazi…all bets are off.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, Trump just called some of the press Nazis too. Time will tell us who are the real Nazis. :wink:
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

So Trump has something in common with slick.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Spidey wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:Seriously woody? You'd even make a joke along those lines? :roll:
When someone accuses you of being a Nazi…all bets are off.
If it quacks like a duck...
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

And what does your foul mouth make you?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

If there is a real Nazi, we'll soon know after 1/20/2017. All slick said was:
callmeslick wrote:put on your brown shirts and dance
He didn't specifically call woodchip a Nazi. In fact, he said:
woodchip wrote:I will and look forward to the day my fellow brown shirts dance in your living room :wink:

I get the distinct impression he called "himself" a Nazi. :wink: