Skinflint Conservatives

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Skinflint Conservatives

Post by woodchip »

We all know how evil and out for themselves conservatives are...or are they:
After the college in Alabama announced its band would participate in the presidential inauguration, backlash was swift and harsh, according to Billy Hawkins, who is the president of the college.

“They’ve said that I have shamed the college by making this decision,” Hawkins said. “And I’ve had folks that say you know that I’m a disgrace to my African-American race and it’s been pretty nasty.”
so we can see how racist the liberals can be when they leave the plantation. But then along comes Bill O'Reilly and has a interview with them:
Donations to black college's band for inauguration top $620G after O'Reilly interview.
The band originally was hoping to get 10k:
A GoFundMe page for the Talladega College marching band originally set a goal of raising $75,000 by January 25. Since then, more than 10,000 supporters have donated more than $620,000 for the Marching Tornadoes.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/18/do ... rview.html

Now I suspect not a lot of liberals watch Bill O'Reilly so I can be safe in saying most of the donations came from the conservatives that do watch. And you get to see how pathetic and racist the people are that bad mouthed them. Still happy to be a racist liberal?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Skinflint Conservatives

Post by callmeslick »

as American as apple pie, all around. No issue from me.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:as American as apple pie, all around. No issue from me.
This is one reason I try to be civil with you slick as you can see both sides of things...unlike some of the other members of this board...kudos
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

seriously, what is the possible issue? It's simple intellectual consistency The school and band made their decision(not going to attack them and then wonder why others attack stars for turning the gig down), took some flak but folks chose to use their own cash to back the band. Enjoy the day, marchers. I am not watching, but cannot see anyone having an issue with this one.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm not going to watch either. I've got better things to do with my time, like fix a couple of sticky bathroom faucets. However, I do hope the marching band enjoys themselves for this once in a lifetime opportunity. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh fer...what an asswipe. Trump is a downright arrogant pompous jerk. He delays things so that all those people who worked and practiced hard are now out parading in the dark, so that no one can really see them going by the viewing stand. To add insult to injury, he decided he didn't want to sit in the special covered presidential viewing stand that every president before him has sat in and instead is sitting in the White House watching things on TV. So much for all those parade people getting to see their new president. Well, my husband now tells me the orange buffoon finally showed up in the viewing stand. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

wow. Just wow. Was just going to ask Woody how the band in the OP did. I didn't watch this one, and don't as a rule EVER watch Presidential Inaugurations. I've gone to two, but on TV, meh.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I wasn't watching it, my husband was, since he has a stronger constitution for flying BS. I was getting the byplay from the other room and it was pretty hard to ignore. :P