things that just make you go WTF!!!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

things that just make you go WTF!!!

Post by callmeslick »

just read a poll, referenced by a Senator on FB, in which Trump supporters, by an admittedly close margin(42-38 percent as I recall), feel that the Great Pumpkin and his team should be allowed to utilize private e-mail servers(apparently, they are still actively using RNC servers and private email, in some cases). After the years of Hillary bashing, all I can ask of folks like NS and Woody is: What the actual ★■◆● are people thinking?? Apparently this never really was an issue, just an excuse?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: things that just make you go WTF!!!

Post by Vander »

Likely doing it for the same reason: ultimate control over which records are to be saved by the government.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Looks like a poll designed to troll. Guess it worked.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

how is exposing hypocrisy trolling?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It's the "I can do it but she can't do it" type of hypocrisy Grendel. Plus, it sounds like there might be a slight security issue based on Trump's own past record of keeping the software updated on all his corporate systems.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... l-accounts

http://thehackernews.com/2016/10/donald ... erver.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I don't disagree with what they say Grendel. Where the problem may crop up is IF Trump and his crew ever use those private email servers for government business, accidentally or intentionally, like Hillary did. From your link:
Private servers don't mismanage classified information. People do.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

The question here has to be…

Who was asked…the average person that really doesn’t give a crap…or the hard core political activists?

Also important is…how the question is framed…an improperly framed question results in a bogus poll…like most.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

the spineless state of denial about a lot of this stuff, which has been opposed by Republicans for years is going to have blowback at the polls, I'll bet. Right now, it's just fodder for jokers:

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/01/wiki ... book_nymag
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I just once again was surprised, as the United States can create problems not only for others but also for yourself.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma wrote:I just once again was surprised, as the United States can create problems not only for others but also for yourself.
reading your posts is often akin to reading the contents of the fortune cookie at a Chinese restaurant. :D

(I blame the translation)
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Actually, I think sigma's right in this case. We just elected Trump didn't we? :lol:
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

tunnelcat wrote:Actually, I think sigma's right in this case. We just elected Trump didn't we? :lol:
that's sort of my point. One can see wisdom lurking in there, but the syntax makes it a bit, well, different.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote:Actually, I think sigma's right in this case. We just elected Trump didn't we? :lol:
And where here Donald Trump? He is not done nothing wrong. While I certainly know that the Americans have a tradition to turn the American Presidents, in fact, prostitutes.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Think of Donald Trump as our very own Boris Yeltsin who's also a thin-skinned narcissist. :wink:
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

tunnelcat wrote:Think of Donald Trump as our very own Boris Yeltsin who's also a thin-skinned narcissist. :wink:
Except he's not a drunk... (But he might be a coke head...or former coke head...as insinuated by people watching one of his debate performances.) lol
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I wasn't going to say the "C" word again. :wink:
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote: who's also a thin-skinned narcissist.:
You just have become accustomed that the American President is obliged to be aggressive.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma wrote:
tunnelcat wrote: who's also a thin-skinned narcissist.:
You just have become accustomed that the American President is obliged to be aggressive.
One needs to be 'aggressive' and cocksure as hell to even CONSIDER running for the job. Even for a female candidate it takes balls to run. I'll not spend too much time defending Trump here, or anywhere, but I'll give him props for 'aggressive'. Stupid as a brick, but aggressive.
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Personal email servers are bad... unless they're for you. Then they're necessary.

If the orangutan said jump off a bridge, you'd see breaking news all day of trump supporters jumping off bridges.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

no blame here for a Russian with zero experience in the US culture to not understand the fundamental misjudgment around Ms Clinton. Hell, NS lives here and thought the same.
Of course, for a Russian with zero experience around Ms Clinton. About her at all no one knows anything.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

yup, Russian propaganda, from a Russian. You work for the campaign this election cycle, Sigma?
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

When American have nothing to say, he always talks about Russian propaganda.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Sigma gets it right.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

woodchip wrote:Sigma gets it right.
Oh well :lol: Indeed?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

meanwhile in the Eastern Ukraine, Russian troops press on in an effort(again) to destabilize the region and test NATO. Maybe, just maybe, Cheeto Hitler doesn't wish you to pay attention. Look! It's a shiny, unconstitutional travel ban!! Lookee, a SCOTUS judge pick! Keep your eye on the judge!!
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:meanwhile in the Eastern Ukraine, Russian troops press on in an effort(again) to destabilize the region and test NATO. Maybe, just maybe, Cheeto Hitler doesn't wish you to pay attention. Look! It's a shiny, unconstitutional travel ban!! Lookee, a SCOTUS judge pick! Keep your eye on the judge!!
Attention Slick!!! It's the job of the press to bring attention to real things...not Trump.

Oh and wasn't it you who got upset when I called Obama names and admonished me that he WAS our President and to respect the office? Guess the format changes when someone you don't like is in office.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Don’t worry…if the Russians cross this red line……..

Oh that’s right, I’m not supposed to bring up the former president, unless it’s Bush…of course.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Oh and wasn't it you who got upset when I called Obama names and admonished me that he WAS our President and to respect the office? Guess the format changes when someone you don't like is in office.
on the press part I WHOLLY agree with you. Our press loves the 'shiny object' approach. Thank goodness I have friends in Europe, Africa and Asia.

As to the respect thing, here's the deal. As I stated upon Election night, I viewed it as a valid outcome for which I would TRY to extend the respect I wished you and others had shown Obama. I argued, more around my liberal pals than here, patience and a wait-and-see approach. However, two things came along: first, rather disturbing and thus far uninvestigated fully, the Russian involvement matters, coupled with a renege on the tax release promise. Second, as opposed to his acceptance speech, he has done the opposite of trying to unite, seemingly intent on pushing buttons to salve his tiny core base, which seems by all polling to be 1/3 of the public. For those two reasons, I have decided to not only refuse him my respect, but to actively mock both the Cheetolini and his moron supporters.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify. Now, back to the process of liquidating 50-60% of my US equity holdings.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Spidey wrote:Don’t worry…if the Russians cross this red line……..
Actually, the Russians have a lot of patience, but can cross any red line, if need be.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

And Trump will cheer them on. :wink:
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote:And Trump will cheer them on. :wink:
Well, why do we need more weapons? This is already so so full. Just need the spark that will explode the entire planet, you understand it or not?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

These 2 items definitely go into the Trump WTF! department.

Pissing off the leader of one of our allies, causing this ally to actually benefit from it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/wh ... story.html

Pissing off Da Governator, at the National Prayer Breakfast of all places. I loved Schwarzenegger's comeback though.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-uses-a ... 27959.html
Arnold Schwarzenegger wrote:“Hey, Donald. I have a great idea. Why don’t we switch jobs? You take over TV because you’re such an expert in ratings, and I take over your job so people can finally sleep comfortably again,” he said."
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

In my opinion it is very simple.
For Russia needs a Tsar who has absolute power. While for USA needs President-puppet.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma wrote:In my opinion it is very simple.
For Russia needs a Tsar who has absolute power. While for USA needs President-puppet.
you can put your USA suggestions into the nearest trash can, but why on earth would you wish to be ruled by an individual with absolute power?
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:
sigma wrote:In my opinion it is very simple.
you can put your USA suggestions into the nearest trash can, but why on earth would you wish to be ruled by an individual with absolute power?
Especially for stupid.
It's not I said, it's said the Russian Tsar Nicholas II.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

USA is miserable, exhausted by a country, that is constantly all the insults, humiliates and subjugated almost all of Europe. And at the same time friendly with the Arab terrorists.
You know, how looks like the USA? This washed-prostitute. Really.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma wrote:USA is miserable, exhausted by a country, that is constantly all the insults, humiliates and subjugated almost all of Europe. And at the same time friendly with the Arab terrorists.
cluelessness, epitomized.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:
sigma wrote:USA is miserable, exhausted by a country, that is constantly all the insults, humiliates and subjugated almost all of Europe. And at the same time friendly with the Arab terrorists.
cluelessness, epitomized.
Yes, that too.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

well, Sigma, you can keep your Csar fantasies. We did away with peerage a while ago here, and I really don't want to ponder going back to a royal, or switching to a dictator.
George Orwell---"1984"