things that just make you go WTF!!!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: things that just make you go WTF!!!

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:well, Sigma, you can keep your Csar fantasies. We did away with peerage a while ago here, and I really don't want to ponder going back to a royal, or switching to a dictator.
:lol: The good old American tradition - to change the meaning of words and to invent the double standards.
The tsar and the dictator is not the same thing, comrade.

P.S. Slick, actually there is such a thing as mentality.
Despite the fact that Americans and Russians are very similar in nature, but still we are a little different.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Dude, when I open any English-language news site, there is always and constantly on the first page of Donald Trump, like no other news.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

frankly, Sigma, I hear you. There is so much else going on around the world, and if Trump is pertinent to those events, it sure isn't around the issues presented to the US public much of the time. Oh, and they just played the greatest freaking football game ever. :wink:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I think Trump family now chooses a new wallpaper, furniture and girls from the CIA to the White House.
Even to a hedgehog it is clear that Barack Obama was completely dependent, and paid for, starting with his education.
With Trump is a chance that it will not embarrass America and will not kill thousands of people in other countries just because he can do.
Can you imagine what we can do with the USA?
But we do not do. It is clear that hope dies at last good relationship, and then go in the course of the hydrogen bombs with multiple warheads.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma wrote:I think Trump family now chooses a new wallpaper, furniture and girls from the CIA to the White House.
whines about US focus on Trump, yet offers this. :lol:
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I now at all do not understand what you said. You could not decipher your message?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

honest try, Sigma:
you seemed to state that every time you open up a US source, all you see is Trump.

I agreed, and noted that Americans should be hearing more about the world, on a regular basis, and THEN evaluate Trump in light of that knowledge.

You then replied with a sort of odd remark about TRUMP, which I found ironic, were you actually tired of the emphasis.

hope that translates. :)
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Well, why not.
In comments to the video I see that the American people is absolutely not the same as their government.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma wrote:Well, why not.
In comments to the video I see that the American people is absolutely not the same as their government.
there is ALWAYS some variance. More at some times than others? Isn't that pretty much the same anyplace?
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

The revolution will mature by itself when there is a historical necessity. If that's what you mean. You will hardly be able to stop it.
But until all the more or less peacefully, just sometimes different weather.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:
sigma wrote:Well, why not.
there is ALWAYS some variance. More at some times than others? Isn't that pretty much the same anyplace?
It seems that it is only in the US, you can go out with a poster - "I do not like the President, let's elect another."
For example, in Russia for a long time you will be tortured for such words. They will take away everything you have. Even if you can stay alive and at liberty, your life will be forever destroyed.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Regarding deleted messages.
......Well, as always. ★■◆●ing Americans. Understand correctly. I do not want to offend any of our descenters, always respected, but sometimes this ★■◆●, it's just impossible.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

sigma wrote: It seems that it is only in the US, you can go out with a poster - "I do not like the President, let's elect another."
For example, in Russia for a long time you will be tortured for such words. They will take away everything you have. Even if you can stay alive and at liberty, your life will be forever destroyed.
That's because we don't live in a dictatorial shithole, despite certain individuals' best efforts to get us there.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Top Gun wrote:
sigma wrote: It seems that it is only in the US, you can go out with a poster - "I do not like the President, let's elect another."
That's because we don't live in a dictatorial shithole, despite certain individuals' best efforts to get us there.
Well, it's hard to argue. Russia is arranged in such a way.
But certainly not dictatorial, and like the police state.
And even
I do not want to talk about it, but with special services in Russia everything is in order. They already completely is insolent. They can give the birthday girl some such gifts that can compare to the gift for the President of the United States.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

deliver me from the hell you live in, Sigma. I'm serious. Give me a messy, chaotic, republic with Free Speech rights( and a whole lot more rights, too).
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

This is what happens to Russian activists. No freedom of speech there.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-oppo ... pitalized/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Freedom of speech in Russia, of course, exist. But a small step to the side, and you will be a very long time to be in prison at best. But on the other hand, if you write a letter to Putin, it can really solve any of your problems.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

callmeslick wrote:deliver me from the hell you live in, Sigma. I'm serious. Give me a messy, chaotic, republic with Free Speech rights( and a whole lot more rights, too).
Careful or you'll start to sound like a libertarian... :P
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Tunnelcat wrote:This is what happens to Russian activists. No freedom of speech there.

It's true. Calm can instantly turn into a storm. I hope this will never happen.

P.S. By the way, my dad now already suffers from some illness it's ★■◆●ing full of ★■◆●ing ★■◆●. I do not know what to do.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Of course I've seen how people die a natural death and not natural too. Although it is generally better not to see

P.S. But still, Russia is a smart and fair country, who would what not say in any media.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote:
Tunnelcat wrote:This is what happens to Russian activists. No freedom of speech there.

It's true. Calm can instantly turn into a storm. I hope this will never happen.

P.S. By the way, my dad now already suffers from some illness it's ★■◆●ing full of ★■◆●ing ★■◆●. I do not know what to do.
Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he gets better soon. :)
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

TC, I'm talking to him on the phone, and tried once again to explain something to him. This is already useless. ★■◆●.
Actually it is too early to go crazy, this is usually at older ages.

But today I to gift my girlfriend a bouquet of very beautiful and fragrant white roses. She has the whole day a good mood , she listens to music and watches some movies, and she did the cleaning all the house.