Where are the feminists?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Where are the feminists?

Post by Nightshade »

- When this happens in one of those "peaceful" muslim majority countries (in fact, the most populous muslim majority country in the WORLD in this case):

This rare footage shows the most horrific parts of Sharia law. This Indonesian woman was found in violation of the Islamic laws against extramarital sex, and so she was beaten with a cane. In a political climate in America where women march in the streets to protest a president who has made disparaging comments, it should be noted that Sharia law actually allows women to be beaten.
https://pjmedia.com/video/heres-what-sh ... ooks-like/

So yes- Trump is garbage when it comes to his treatment of women. But how does that stack up to an entire religion and way of life that MAIMS and KILLS women for simply not following the rules MEN use to subjugate them and have declared women must follow.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Where are the feminists?

Post by callmeslick »

so, therefore, you should be EXTREMELY supportive, as a moral imperative, that such oppressed people seek out our nation, where Sharia Law or such applications of some version of it, is expressly forbidden by our Constitution. Right? We should therefore be doing everything we can to encourage them to do so.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:so, therefore, you should be EXTREMELY supportive, as a moral imperative, that such oppressed people seek out our nation, where Sharia Law or such applications of some version of it, is expressly forbidden by our Constitution. Right? We should therefore be doing everything we can to encourage them to do so.
So long as they don't want to bring sharia law HERE. That's the problem. There is high support by new muslim immigrants to make sharia law supreme to all others in the US as well.

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Anybody that cheats on their spouse should be beaten. :twisted:

And why should inviting them here even be an option…she is a Muslim, and therefore is obligated to obey Muslim laws. None of our business really, not our problem either.

In fact, that is exactly one of the reasons they hate us so much.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

NS, who cares what some folks ask for, we have a Constitution?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:NS, who cares what some folks ask for, we have a Constitution?
The twin towers are gone in spite of our constitution. People at a gay bar were mowed down in spite of our constitution. The Boston Marathon was bombed in spite of our constitution.

It's clear what many violent muslims think of our constitution.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I think what slick meant was that this country would never get Sharia Law implemented in a million years here BECAUSE of the Constitution. I'd certainly fight like hell to keep it off the nation's books and I know that most of the women in this country would NOT tolerate that crap one iota. If there was ever a time for women to use violent protests, that would be the case in my book. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Tunnelcat wrote:I think what slick meant was that this country would never get Sharia Law implemented in a million years here BECAUSE of the Constitution. I'd certainly fight like hell to keep it off the nation's books and I know that most of the women in this country would NOT tolerate that crap one iota. If there was ever a time for women to use violent protests, that would be the case in my book. :wink:
I really hope so, TC- but I wouldn't put my money on "progressives" fighting against sharia law in our own country.

This is happening in Britain: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 49826.html

It can happen in any western country if allowed. There are no "pussy hat" marches in Britain protesting muslim subjugation of women.

I doubt there will be any here in the US.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Yes, but not in our country. When will it happen? Where are the anti-sharia women's marches going to happen?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

the marches won't happen here because WE DON'T HAVE SHARIA LAW! Geezus, what is such a challenge for you?
George Orwell---"1984"
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yeah, people generally don't go out and march or protest against something unless it is real. Your irrational fear that Muslims are going to take over doesn't qualify.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Krom wrote:Yeah, people generally don't go out and march or protest against something unless it is real.
That is why there is urban unmotivated aggression.
Look and understand once again this movie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_Down
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

No, but I can see a little bit sneaking in here and there under the radar.

For example, you won’t see any public beatings of fornicators, but it’s not hard to imagine some censorship, in the name of PC and public safety...and such.

And don't get me wrong...I'm not frothing at the mouth over Sharia Law, but I do like to deal in reality.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

[Deleted]
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

as soon as someone so much as suggests a public caning of anyone, get back to me.
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:as soon as someone so much as suggests a public caning of anyone, get back to me.
They have attacked people physically over free speech:

These are silly Christian evangelicals trying to demonstrate- but they're also Americans exercising free speech. Muslims have no problem assaulting infidels in our own country.

Do you see people assaulting the Westboro Church when they picket funerals?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

callmeslick wrote:as soon as someone so much as suggests a public caning of anyone, get back to me.
Yea...I'll do just that...seeing how I already ruled that out. :roll:
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

the Dearborn crap is a multi-year, cooked up pile of BS based on the original embarrassment by a bunch of right-wingers believing a satire article.
Spare me, NS, the ongoing hysteria. That just is not the reality of Dearborn Michigan. Thus, fake news.
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:the Dearborn crap is a multi-year, cooked up pile of BS based on the original embarrassment by a bunch of right-wingers believing a satire article.
Spare me, NS, the ongoing hysteria. That just is not the reality of Dearborn Michigan. Thus, fake news.
Yeah. Those bottles, cans and rocks were pretty fake I'm sure.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

that isn't some sort of true vision of the community. You'd know that if you didn't base your opinion on propaganda.
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I continue to be delighted by how chest-thumpin', heat-packin', he-men conservatives turn into sniveling little children at the mere thought of Muslims.