What they let you swear around here now? Every topic started

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

What they let you swear around here now? Every topic started

Post by TheWhat »

What they let you swear around here now? Every topic started by Nightshade.

Whoever that guy who actually altered my post about a girlfriend I had making linguine and clams and having intense sex as a Christmas present can duck my six. It wasn't even dirty or offensive in anyway... but we use the "save the children" so we can control what people type. Who cares about your fat kids? You run around in circles typing about the same bull★■◆● everyday on internet forums - it's pointless.

And you can die in hell and Bob Lazar is my spiritual guide to Zeta Reticuli. Be careful not to offend his fat ★■◆●ing kids because the guy is in a videogame clan. Not exactly Beethoven going on.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: What they let you swear around here now? Every topic started

Post by woodchip »

You are the least offensive poster here. Welcome back
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

woodchip wrote:You are the least offensive poster here. Welcome back
That's no good. And I only want to swear when I think it's impactful. Swearing for no reason is really lazy and not that entertaining. Just don't guilt me with we are doing it for the kids when everyone knows your motive. It's daylight, the sun is shining and we all know what you are doing. You're trying to control things. That's fine, I didn't pay for this nor will I ever. But don't give me the guilt trip about your fat kids. I don't care if they die in a car fire it would make no difference to me. Why do you try that bull★■◆● on me?
<3

Here's a screen shot. I don't even give a ratass about your politics. It's the same person everytime all the time. And I could care less and lesser if they live or die.
Attachments
Copy of Untitled drawing.jpg
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

No guilt intended. I enjoy your amusing style of posting. If you want to take offense at a complement....well I'd expect nothing less.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

this fellow seems unique! :D
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Oh he is slick.

TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

The same person posting new topics all the time? That's a great idea, the same person posting articles from somewhere and everyone has a catpiss? You'll lose your mind. How many times are you going to run your head into the wall? And why do people claim Elvis stole black music when he never wrote one song, he was just an excellent vocalist. And this is a piece of artwork I did...

I garsh darn figure the more times I post my reality changes. We are dealing with slow people, here.
Attachments
Copy of ImpartYourWisdom - Edited.jpg
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Quick, is that a monarch in your pic or is it a viceroy.

TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I don't know. I was just trying to be a prick with google docs. I do know the archbishop of St. Paul/ Minneapolis said it was ok to defy lent for St. Patricks Day. I was baptized Catholic not that I follow it. That's supposed to show me your conviction that your fat face can't get through a made up holiday without meat? And you're not addressing getting warm with children? What a SHOCKER I'm not a part of your delusions. Gross pigs.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

As a mod, apparently swearing is A-OK from what I've been told. Boys will be boys. Personally, it doesn't bother me. I've heard far worse and picked up far worse myself in the colorful language department when I worked in a shop full of boisterous mechanics for a couple of summers in my youth. Oh, they tried to keep it somewhat civil around a female, but once I told them it didn't bother me, they tended to slip up. You could peel the paint off the walls with some of the stuff that sometimes spewed out of their mouths, and they were very nice and smart guys to work with. However, I do try to sound a little more refined in my old age and try not foul the discourse with quite so much verbal trash. How far that line goes here is up to the admins however. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TheWhat wrote:I don't know. I was just trying to be a prick with google docs. I do know the archbishop of St. Paul/ Minneapolis said it was ok to defy lent for St. Patricks Day. I was baptized Catholic not that I follow it. That's supposed to show me your conviction that your fat face can't get through a made up holiday without meat? And you're not addressing getting warm with children? What a SHOCKER I'm not a part of your delusions. Gross pigs.
So my complement turns into a nihilistic self delusion making it look like you are wallowing in a Satyr's semen filled rutting tracks blindly groping for spent nymphs for sloppy seconds. I still love you brodah, no matter how much you try to self destruct.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

the more he goes on, the more it is obvious that 'unique' and 'interesting' don't always intersect. I guess I missed that back history that would tell me this guy is anything past simply undermedicated. :roll: TheWhat, I have faith(for some odd reason) there is more, but you sure as hell aren't showing it. Free association verse your thing? If so, others are WAY better at that, so practice up.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I'm a mod? Is that something we should attain? You're a mod of 10 people. I wouldn't listen to you - ever. Nightshade made a new post and you're a friggin mod of 10 people. Good work. Jesus H Christ they can't think God.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Good to see you're still knocking around, Adam, hope you and yours are well.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Flabby Chick wrote:Good to see you're still knocking around, Adam, hope you and yours are well.
Hey holmes. Nothing like pulling out the old gimmicks, eh? : - )
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

The whole time I was ripping off this great mans jokes. Pains taking detail.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

He had a lot to say...
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

callmeslick wrote:the more he goes on, the more it is obvious that 'unique' and 'interesting' don't always intersect. I guess I missed that back history that would tell me this guy is anything past simply undermedicated. :roll: TheWhat, I have faith(for some odd reason) there is more, but you sure as hell aren't showing it. Free association verse your thing? If so, others are WAY better at that, so practice up.
Roll your eyes at me all day. Holding on to suthin here. Maybe Nightshade could provide a new angle on the planet Earth for the 8 millionth time? And maybe 2 retards got married and had a descent cake. You guys are funny - I'll leave you to your nest of talking to a wall. Before I kiss you, I should tell you I moderate walls. But I'd rather wank it.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

As long as I believe in throwing out my entire existence to a video game I get to consult you on your spiritual life. Some dick gets to explain God to me. Isn't this fun?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

TheWhat wrote:
callmeslick wrote:the more he goes on, the more it is obvious that 'unique' and 'interesting' don't always intersect. I guess I missed that back history that would tell me this guy is anything past simply undermedicated. :roll: TheWhat, I have faith(for some odd reason) there is more, but you sure as hell aren't showing it. Free association verse your thing? If so, others are WAY better at that, so practice up.
Roll your eyes at me all day. Holding on to suthin here. Maybe Nightshade could provide a new angle on the planet Earth for the 8 millionth time? And maybe 2 retards got married and had a descent cake. You guys are funny - I'll leave you to your nest of talking to a wall. Before I kiss you, I should tell you I moderate walls. But I'd rather wank it.

others have done free verse way better. You gotta do better than this bull★■◆● to impress this 62 year old. Or not.
George Orwell---"1984"
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

That's a fair assessment. You're not being a meany. I think I'm riffing, but we do not agree. It doesn't mean I'm trying to pick up Larry Craig in a terlet.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

riffing is fine. Frankly it IS more interesting that NS pointing out for the 54th time that Muslims are all coming to kill us, every last ★■◆●ing one of them. Likely less tedious that my attempting to keep a focus on why folks are STILL defending a stinking pile of Treason bringing down the nation. Run with it!! :D
George Orwell---"1984"
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

callmeslick wrote:riffing is fine. Frankly it IS more interesting that NS pointing out for the 54th time that Muslims are all coming to kill us, every last ★■◆●ing one of them. Likely less tedious that my attempting to keep a focus on why folks are STILL defending a stinking pile of Treason bringing down the nation. Run with it!! :D
Ok. If people are crazy and kill people they are crazy. I don't run the damn world I played descent 3 for years and was average, blame [Rox]Palzon for playing me in kata everynight. That still doesn't give me a platform to say Elvis stole black peoples music or give a ratass about peoples kids I never met. I'm just messing with you and if you can't see it you're dense. TheWhat is like the 8th name I did - I'm actually MeatPuppet. And I don't expect you to care.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Hi meaty.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

TheWhat wrote:TheWhat is like the 8th name I did - I'm actually MeatPuppet. And I don't expect you to care.
got that part right. Frankly, I'd sooner have sulfuric acid suppositories than be arsed enough to create multiple user names for a freaking game forum. Your mileage may vary.
George Orwell---"1984"
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

callmeslick wrote:Frankly, I'd sooner have sulfuric acid suppositories than be arsed enough to create multiple user names for a freaking game forum.
...for a game you even never played. :P

TLDR; the swear-word filter is adjustable in the account settings now IIRC, you don't like swearing -- turn it on/up.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

if you are referring to me, I did actually play Descent, original release and first followup, as I was at the time raising a nephew for a brother in law who'd passed. He was in tween to teen age in those years. I didn't have a damn thing to do with any online forum, but nephew likely did.
George Orwell---"1984"
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Grendel wrote:
callmeslick wrote:Frankly, I'd sooner have sulfuric acid suppositories than be arsed enough to create multiple user names for a freaking game forum.

TLDR; the swear-word filter is adjustable in the account settings now IIRC, you don't like swearing -- turn it on/up.
Actually you can't, it is enabled globally just it only replaces one specific phrase at the moment. I may get back to restoring it to optional and normal coverage now that the election year is over...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It ain't over just because the election is over. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Krom wrote:
Grendel wrote:

Actually you can't, it is enabled globally just it only replaces one specific phrase at the moment. I may get back to restoring it to optional and normal coverage now that the election year is over...
How dare you control my free speech. Free speech has nothing to do with privately owned websites or publications. You could ban me right now and I would be like - COURT CASE! And it would make no sense. It has nothing to do with me... you ain't the government and you can kick anyone you want off the other dbb. It's the government can't put you in jail for it and you ain't the government.

I did like the whole suppository battery acid thing, that was good. Just drink beer for a week without eating it's the same thing. Hi ferno.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

TheWhat wrote:I did like the whole suppository battery acid thing, that was good. Just drink beer for a week without eating it's the same thing. Hi ferno.
each to their own, and maybe I'm old school, but wouldn't decent peyote get the same effect far easier on the system? I mean, relatively..... :wink:
George Orwell---"1984"
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

callmeslick wrote:
TheWhat wrote:I did like the whole suppository battery acid thing, that was good. Just drink beer for a week without eating it's the same thing. Hi ferno.
each to their own, and maybe I'm old school, but wouldn't decent peyote get the same effect far easier on the system? I mean, relatively..... :wink:
No. I took way too much lsd when I was young. I blame it for my horrible grasp of grammar, and, improper use of commas.
IT'S THE COMMIES!
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

I'm sitting here reading this and a question keeps coming into my mind.

It's good to see you here but why are you back? I thought you hated this place.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Ferno wrote:I'm sitting here reading this and a question keeps coming into my mind.

It's good to see you here but why are you back? I thought you hated this place.
Nostalgia. It's just typing. I used to love this place when Sickone was running it, it was irreverent and strange. Then one day some guy came along and made it "family friendly" which is code for "I get to determine what you say". And it wasn't even hidden where the dude was coming from, it was very obvious. That's what I hated.

I have a chromebook I can't play descent3. It was just a part of my life that I liked. And the fact the dbb.net now trusts people not to say poopie piss ★■◆● ★■◆● all the time is growth imho.

Anyways, happy hanukkah. :P

**edit I remember the actual event that tipped it for me. It was having my post edited about "intense sex" when my brokeass girlfriend and I had christmas together and she made linguine and clams. Then I saw a post that was "How many pieces of toilet paper do you use?", that is not a lie, and it went completely unchecked. You can make a post about wiping your ★■◆● with no problems but I can't say that I had a broke christmas with a girlfriend? Retarded.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, why not try again, stay awhile and see if you can keep it weird around here? We could always use a diversion from the sickening weirdness of the Trumpverse. :wink:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I see consumer confidence is at a all time high. Guess that happens when the people see a guy running the country that actually knows what he is doing.

TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

woodchip wrote:I see consumer confidence is at a all time high. Guess that happens when the people see a guy running the country that actually knows what he is doing.
Woodchip is still baiting and now I need Metamucil to keep regular.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:I see consumer confidence is at a all time high. Guess that happens when the people see a guy running the country that actually knows what he is doing.
see, What? There's folks with WAY stronger ★■◆● that either of US alluded to. And, they aren't sharing, apparently. :(
George Orwell---"1984"
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Tunnelcat wrote:Well, why not try again, stay awhile and see if you can keep it weird around here? We could always use a diversion from the sickening weirdness of the Trumpverse. :wink:
I don't have a problem with conservative ideas. I'm libertarian pretty much. I really don't care if you want to run head first into a treeshredder, I just don't want pay for it. I grew up in the 70's with democratic voting parents, my mother was a bra burner and my father was a union member. That's fine.

I still don't want to pay for Tammy and her 4 kids. It doesn't mean that bees dying off doesn't concern me - we will all die if there are no bees to pollinate. We will all be dead and this don't matter no more. And some dillweed on the dbb is more concerned about the russians and whatever doesn't even bring up bees. The entire ecosystem can crash but they won the debate? Great job.

And I wanted to type "JoNeepha" but I used "Tammy" instead to make it more palatable for you.

**edit
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

the world is chock full of issues. Deal with them all at once, as best as you can. If we all take that approach all the better. One is not necessarily more important, they just operate on different timeframes.
Still, the common thread is this, and you touch on it elsewhere: whether you wish to think regionally or globally, you live in a society. So, yes, you do, as part of the social contract, have SOME reason to be responsive to 'Tammy' or 'JoNeephA' or whomever. That's the way a society works. You didn't get what you have in a vacuum, you don't get the right to say,'I'll just responsible for my stuff'. Trust me, if folks with a lot more 'stuff' than you start to think that way, you're fecked.
George Orwell---"1984"