The LHC Just Discovered A New System of Five Particles

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

The LHC Just Discovered A New System of Five Particles

Post by Ferno »

https://futurism.com/5-the-lhc-just-dis ... particles/
Discovering a new state is a feat in itself – but discovering five new states all at once is exceptional. Especially since there’s such an overwhelming level of statistical significance – i.e. this isn’t just a fluke.
Just makes your head explode.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: The LHC Just Discovered A New System of Five Particles

Post by callmeslick »

wow
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I found two things interesting with this article. First, ghosts can't or don't exist, or at least that can be detected with the LHC and still fit within our current model of quantum physics. What will everyone do when the scientists do more investigating and eventually figure out with absolute surety that once your body is dead, you're gone. There's no possibility of ghosts, no afterlife, no God, no heaven, absolutely nothing. Will people still deny it?

https://futurism.com/brian-cox-if-ghost ... em-by-now/
If we want some sort of pattern that carries information about our living cells to persist then we must specify precisely what medium carries that pattern and how it interacts with the matter particles out of which our bodies are made. We must, in other words, invent an extension to the Standard Model of Particle Physics that has escaped detection at the Large Hadron Collider. That’s almost inconceivable at the energy scales typical of the particle interactions in our bodies.
But in yet another article, they also think that they may be able to prove the existence of higher dimensions. That's really cool. But then let's say that once they find those higher dimensions and our current model of physics gets turned on it's ear, perhaps they'll then find evidence of those impossible ghosts, or even the afterlife? I'm not a physicist, so I can't make a truly informed comment here, but all this is absolutely mind bending and yet, kind of disheartening if you believe in an afterlife once your body is dead.

https://futurism.com/investigating-high ... h-the-lhc/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

The paranormal doesn’t obey the normal rules of physics, so how can you prove or disprove its existence, using science?

Not saying I believe…just applying a little logic.

When science can explain the true nature of existence...I'm all ears.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote:I found two things interesting with this article. First, ghosts can't or don't exist, or at least that can be detected with the LHC and still fit within our current model of quantum physics. What will everyone do when the scientists do more investigating and eventually figure out with absolute surety that once your body is dead, you're gone. There's no possibility of ghosts, no afterlife, no God, no heaven, absolutely nothing. Will people still deny it?

https://futurism.com/brian-cox-if-ghost ... em-by-now/
If we want some sort of pattern that carries information about our living cells to persist then we must specify precisely what medium carries that pattern and how it interacts with the matter particles out of which our bodies are made. We must, in other words, invent an extension to the Standard Model of Particle Physics that has escaped detection at the Large Hadron Collider. That’s almost inconceivable at the energy scales typical of the particle interactions in our bodies.
But in yet another article, they also think that they may be able to prove the existence of higher dimensions. That's really cool. But then let's say that once they find those higher dimensions and our current model of physics gets turned on it's ear, perhaps they'll then find evidence of those impossible ghosts, or even the afterlife? I'm not a physicist, so I can't make a truly informed comment here, but all this is absolutely mind bending and yet, kind of disheartening if you believe in an afterlife once your body is dead.

https://futurism.com/investigating-high ... h-the-lhc/
You need to read up on Brane multiverses before thinking religion may be dead because of the LHC's discoveries.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh, I don't think religion is dead, nor do I think an afterlife is scientifically proven to be non-existent either. Scientists haven't even scratched the surface in our understanding of the universe and the way it works yet. They just need to not be so positive when they state things as "fact" because of their new "discoveries". In reality, it's a constantly evolving process of learning.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Someone almost has to smoke a little maryjane just to get their minds wrapped around that one. :o