[Split]Self-Destructive Tendencies

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

[Split]Self-Destructive Tendencies

Post by TheWhat »

The whole country is so divided my brothers ex-fiance is ragging on Trumps wife. WHY!? How is that furthering your mission? It's ok to disagree with people and you can still have dinner with them. Your dumbass is ragging on Trumps wife and not his policies. Well, that's completely useless.

Meanwhile, we are all going to die because the entire ecosystem will be destroyed because we eliminated bees for our convenience. I really enjoyed your political debate... we are all dead now.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: What they let you swear around here now? Every topic started

Post by callmeslick »

TheWhat wrote:The whole country is so divided my brothers ex-fiance is ragging on Trumps wife. WHY!? How is that furthering your mission? It's ok to disagree with people and you can still have dinner with them. Your dumbass is ragging on Trumps wife and not his policies. Well, that's completely useless.
completely agree, and it goes to kids, too. Those of us old gits here can, if we try or dare, remember when that wass precisely how politics worked(debate, disagree, sit down and break bread).
Meanwhile, we are all going to die because the entire ecosystem will be destroyed because we eliminated bees for our convenience. I really enjoyed your political debate... we are all dead now.
well the Elephant in THAT room is basically that there are too ★■◆●ing many of us. How do we deal with that one?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

this just seems to fit the thread, all around. :lol:

"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

:lol:
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I don't really get the political analysis of bees dying off. It's not leftwing/rightwing. If these creatures die off what will pollinate our food sources? There is really no debate. You aren't going to be typing anything because you'll be starved out bag-o-bones.

This has nothing to do with your allegiance to anything. You'll Just be dead.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I don't get how ANY environmental science became politcal. Here are the facts. Let's deal with them. Where the hell is the liberal or conservative nature of dealing with real problems? I'm with you on that one.
George Orwell---"1984"
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

It drives me nutz. People argue over everything now. I don't give a ★■◆● about some gay guy or an AR-15, I don't care. Biologists are pleading with us that pollinating insects are dying off at an alarming rate. And you're worried you won an internet debate? We should be fixing this with our transgengender/nazi/piece of toast brothers and sisters.

Insanity - you pick ego over survival.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

if you stick around here long enough,you'll see that I have been espousing the idea that we are on the verge of such massive changes in economics, production, the entire concept of worth defined by work, etc, that the old ideologies are sort of rendered obsolete. We need new ways of thinking to deal with what will be a very changed world. The whole while, remaining conscious of several ticking time bombs around the environment, food and water supply etc.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

TheWhat wrote:It drives me nutz. People argue over everything now. I don't give a ★■◆● about some gay guy or an AR-15, I don't care. Biologists are pleading with us that pollinating insects are dying off at an alarming rate. And you're worried you won an internet debate? We should be fixing this with our transgengender/nazi/piece of toast brothers and sisters.

Insanity - you pick ego over survival.
Don't worry. Humans can solve anything with just some new technology....NOT! :roll:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6035 ... ebees-job/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Tunnelcat wrote: Don't worry. Humans can solve anything with just some new technology....NOT! :roll:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6035 ... ebees-job/
Thank you for the link. It just drives me up a tree. Everyone is a liberal or a neo-con or faggin out with Senator Craig in a terlet or a wheenie. The one thing that should bring us together is this. It's the food supply. Are you a communist? - fine make sure the bees live. Are you a gay guy in Hollywood trickin for $15 bux? - fine as long as the bees live. Do you find it necessary to have 40,000 rounds of ammo in Michigan? - fine as long as the bees live.

This world confuses me.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If you haven't been paying attention, the only thing that moves politics in Washington is money. Someone makes money on farming and pesticides, and they share that money with Washington. That is why it is politicized even though not destroying the ecosystem shouldn't be. Saving the Bees costs Washington money, but killing them earns them money. So, just like the Bees; we're all fucked.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

@TheWhat---food supply? How about potable water?? The fact that Nestle owns about 1/4 of it all should be concerning as well, given the hell bent nature of polluting the crap out of the rest of it. What's a bit of coal ash, or metal mining runoff? Oh, and that fracking water with the traces of radium and all? Lots of issues, as noted, around the Money. However, were that not about a billion or so too many freaking humans on the planet, the profit pressures from demand would lessen, and maybe the money wouldn't be so obscenely abundant by way of reward.
George Orwell---"1984"
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Krom wrote:If you haven't been paying attention, the only thing that moves politics in Washington is money. Someone makes money on farming and pesticides, and they share that money with Washington. That is why it is politicized even though not destroying the ecosystem shouldn't be. Saving the Bees costs Washington money, but killing them earns them money. So, just like the Bees; we're all fucked.
Krom - the maestro. Easily one of the best descent players ever going off.
Do you want to keep arguing and pointing fingers or do we want to solve it? It's a magic trick. We are all going to die without bees.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

by the way, to interject a bit of reality here with the 'bee' thing........I own agricultural land. Bees are needed for some crops down where I do. So, I get to talking with folks close to the matter. From their observation, the population crash in the Eastern US has sort of bottomed out, and for about 3 or 4 years, they've seen a stabilization of colonies, and an increase in non-cultivated bees. So, the notion that bees are going to 'disappear' sometime soon is a bit hyperbolic. That is NOT in any way an attempt to suggest that environmental hazards don't abound.
George Orwell---"1984"
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Hey, if I'm just being a drama queen that's good news. I want them to live.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

it is a valid example of what should be the public focus, were we not distracted by about 400 man-made crises daily.
Drama queen? Hardly, to my mind, but there's a species never near extinction! :lol: :lol:
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

TheWhat wrote: Are you a communist? - fine make sure the bees live. Are you a gay guy in Hollywood trickin for $15 bux? - fine as long as the bees live. Do you find it necessary to have 40,000 rounds of ammo in Michigan? - fine as long as the bees live.
This is pretty much the foundation of my ideology. Not specifically the bee part, but that the general stewardship of our ecosystem should be our most basic priority. We can get all other questions of how we organize ourselves as a civilization and species wrong, but it's the one thing we need to get right.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote:If you haven't been paying attention, the only thing that moves politics in Washington is money. Someone makes money on farming and pesticides, and they share that money with Washington. That is why it is politicized even though not destroying the ecosystem shouldn't be. Saving the Bees costs Washington money, but killing them earns them money. So, just like the Bees; we're all fucked.
So true. Thank you big agribusiness and your lobbying efforts that are self-destructive to all of us, except your profits.

Known bee colony killer.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press ... pesticide/

Human and fish killer.

https://www.usnews.com/news/news/articl ... d-on-crops
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: [Split]Self-Destructive Tendencies

Post by TheWhat »

I just have reached my wits end with people confusing everything with shiny objects. If you need a root canal you don't blame Barbara Bush you go to an oral surgeon. Everyone is so black and white about everything it's exhausting and it's self-defeating. I don't get why it's ok for people to be that to the wall with real life when allegedly we are smart. Anyways, you guys seem smart and you don't care if I type about linguine and clams. And who cares about water I'm on the bee team. :P
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

mmmmm. Linguine and Clams. :D
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

mmmmmmmmmm, honey. Oh wait, that's going to disappear eventually because of our shortsighted and greedy arrogance.