Frequent flyer, on our dime

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Frequent flyer, on our dime

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, it seems Mr. Trump, who railed against politicians during his campaign for wasting the taxpayer's money, has now set a record for travel expenses. He's managed to spend the same amount of money for travel and security expenses in one year for what Obama spent in ALL of his 8 years. Going to his Mar-A-Lago estate on the weekends seems to be the difficult-to-secure location of choice for our president. The Secret Service must be having kittens trying to secure the place, which is bordered on 2 side by water. Plus, Melania herself stays mostly in New York, stretching their money and resources as well. Neither one of them must like the people's house accommodations enough to stay there and save us all a buck like he promised during his campaign. What, he's now figured out that the White House is too banal and plebeian for his rich boy tastes? Hows that draining the swamp going Trump supporters? :wink:

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-much-do-pres ... ma-2510471
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Frequent flyer, on our dime

Post by Flatlander »

si vis pacem, para bellum
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I see his golf attire is not very flattering to his figure. :P

Oh, and you missed one Flatlander. We STILL haven't seen his tax returns either.

I'd like to know what all the Trump supporters think about his (cough) legacy so far. What's he done that's makes them keep supporting him, even to the point of fighting with the tax day protestors in Berkley? Woodchip? :wink:

I think the shine has worn off Trump and now they're having a case of voter's remorse, but just can't admit Trump is a fraud. A friend of my husband's was a diehard Trump supporter. He used to call him on the phone just to rub in what he thought were Trump's accomplishments. Well, now that there are very few actual accomplishments that Trump can lay claim too, he rarely calls and when he does, there's no mention of Trump. :lol:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I will never ridicule Trump's golfing. In fact, I encourage Trump to golf as much as possible.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Are you sure? It costs the taxpayer lots of money every time he heads to Florida to play. :wink:
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

That's fine. If it keeps him off twitter, off the phone, and otherwise diverts him from pulling the levers of power for any amount of time, I consider it money well spent.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Only on the damn weekends. :roll:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Hmmm. Ivanka NOT doing business on our dime as well, so they claim. :wink:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 89071.html
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote:I see his golf attire is not very flattering to his figure. :P:
Only a female would worry about clothes flattering their figure :wink:
Tunnelcat wrote:Oh, and you missed one Flatlander. We STILL haven't seen his tax returns either.:
and we never got to see Obama's report cards for college.
Tunnelcat wrote:I'd like to know what all the Trump supporters think about his (cough) legacy so far. What's he done that's makes them keep supporting him, even to the point of fighting with the tax day protestors in Berkley? Woodchip? :wink::
The libs started it. :twisted2:
Tunnelcat wrote:I think the shine has worn off Trump and now they're having a case of voter's remorse, but just can't admit Trump is a fraud. A friend of my husband's was a diehard Trump supporter. He used to call him on the phone just to rub in what he thought were Trump's accomplishments. Well, now that there are very few actual accomplishments that Trump can lay claim too, he rarely calls and when he does, there's no mention of Trump. :lol:
Well Trump did prevent the Launch of the missile Fat Boy Un was promising was going to happen.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:
Tunnelcat wrote:I see his golf attire is not very flattering to his figure. :P:
Only a female would worry about clothes flattering their figure :wink:
You should care. He looks like a walking coronary just waiting to happen. And yes to your comment, women do prefer men that don't have their fat bellies hanging over their belts. :wink:
woodchip wrote:
Tunnelcat wrote:Oh, and you missed one Flatlander. We STILL haven't seen his tax returns either.:
and we never got to see Obama's report cards for college.
Well I remember all the screaming and yelling for Obama to show his birth certificate, which he eventually showed. I seriously doubt Trump will EVER show his tax returns, which will probably show everyone in the country that he hasn't paid any taxes for a looooong time. :wink:
woodchip wrote:
Tunnelcat wrote:I think the shine has worn off Trump and now they're having a case of voter's remorse, but just can't admit Trump is a fraud. A friend of my husband's was a diehard Trump supporter. He used to call him on the phone just to rub in what he thought were Trump's accomplishments. Well, now that there are very few actual accomplishments that Trump can lay claim too, he rarely calls and when he does, there's no mention of Trump. :lol:
Well Trump did prevent the Launch of the missile Fat Boy Un was promising was going to happen.
As I recall, Fat Boy Un (you commented on his weight as well by the way) did launch a missile and it blew up just after liftoff. So now he's going to have to show us something bigger and more dangerous to compensate for his short man syndrome.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Both he and his secretary of defense also had no goddamn clue where an entire carrier fleet was actually headed. Brilliant.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh I think the military powers that be knew full well where that strike force was located and everyone fibbed to the press as a deliberate saber rattling ruse just to rile up NK. The way things are going, I hope Americans like nuclear war because one day, crazy and arrogant Kim Jong Un will call our bluff and light off his missiles.