You know of course...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

You know of course...

Post by Tunnelcat »

This means war, and by that I mean a "trade war", and it's not with Mexico....yet. Trump has apparently turned his icy orange glare towards our friendliest trading partner, Canada. It's also Trump's first attempt at chipping away at the foundation of NAFTA. So I guess this means Canada's now the sap who's going to be paying for Trump's Southern Border Wall and by extension, the American home builder and buyer. :wink:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/24/investi ... index.html

Needless to say, Canada isn't taking it well.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... s-47008749
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: You know of course...

Post by callmeslick »

watch for Chinese Oil Deal with Canada within 120 days. Pipeline built to the western ports, long term discount pricing for the Chinese. Keystone XL investors holding their scrota and whining. On the other hand, since I am about 5 months into a 5 year plan to sell off 15 lots of timber rights and re-establish some order to my woodlands, I make out like a mother on this one. I should have waited to run the 62 acre sale I concluded in March, as Eastern pine prices probably just jumped by about 10%.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Here's how it would go if anyone with my type of thinking was in charge.

They'd simply tell trump this: Okay, if that's how you want to play it, our prices just went up 50%. If you don't like that, we'll just sell to Asia and cut you off completely.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Ferno wrote:Here's how it would go if anyone with my type of thinking was in charge.

They'd simply tell trump this: Okay, if that's how you want to play it, our prices just went up 50%. If you don't like that, we'll just sell to Asia and cut you off completely.

With that said, I can see real estate prices going up further in America, seeing as he just dropped a 20% tariff on it. No, we're not paying it. They are.