Misogynists unite!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Misogynists unite!

Post by Nightshade »

That's all true... Too bad it's "Talcum X" that's tweeting about it. ;)

Shaun King:

Another "Rachel Dolezal" in the flesh.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re: Misogynists unite!

Post by Ferno »

Hey look everyone, it's another thunderbunny hit-piece with zeeeeeero content!

/golf clap.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Yeah man let's completely ignore the validity of the message and instead focus on God knows what sort of bull★■◆●!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Bill O'Reilly was worse than Trump, even though Trump is still an odious slimbag who belongs to the men demeaning women club, unless more Trump stuff comes out in the future, like the supposed water works play in a Russian hotel. But even with what we already DO know about the amount and frequency of Trump's sexual predilections and predations, so far they pale to the perversions of Bill O'Reilly.

Remember, there's the Loofah transcript from the Andrea Mackris deposition (warning, sexually explicit), plus a whole host of other sexual perversions he told her in repeated and unwanted telephone conversations. And that with just ONE woman. Judging from all the settled lawsuits, he's done it to many, many more women. He's a serial pervert.

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/orei ... ten-897562
Bill O'Reilly wrote:So anyway I'd be rubbing your big boobs and getting your nipples hard, kinda' kissing your neck from behind... and then I would take the other hand with the falafel [sic] thing and I'd put it on your pussy but you'd have to do it really light, just kind of a tease business....
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I’m not in any way defending this guy…but doesn’t it ever occur to this woman to just HANG UP!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:I’m not in any way defending this guy…but doesn’t it ever occur to this woman to just HANG UP!
Do you ever stop to think that by maybe hanging up, that meant she'd lose her job?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

There are always consequences of one’s actions.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote:I'm going to pull a fast one here and hope no one notices… I'm going to blame the victim.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

This is like exhibit A of why feminism needs to still exist.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Ferno wrote:I'm twisting Spidey's words like I always do.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Believe what you want Spidey, you're still blaming the victim... and you're shifting the blame onto me - like usual. Everyone can see it.

Trump needs to be dealt with, like everyone else. Too much favouritism.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Well, if resisting and fighting back against bullies results in being fired, then so be it. I don’t see how that is blame shifting.

You can put principles ahead of a job, or put a job ahead of principle…either way you have to deal with the consequences.

Would you put up with bull★■◆●…just to keep a job?

I never did, in fact I have quit plenty of jobs because the employer was an Ahole.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:There are always consequences of one’s actions.
For Mr. Bill O'Reilly in this instance. This kind of sounds another little very public extramarital sex fling, for example, ex-president Bill Clinton saying that he did not have sex with that women to everyone on national TV, when if fact, he had. Until "that woman" produced actual physical evidence, the blue dress, to prove it, she was the one who was called the lying slut. That one act soured me on all things Bill Clinton forever. :wink:

The whole sordid mess is described in great detail below if you're interested Spidey. In fact, O'Reilly and Ailes must have been a old boys club tag team of serial sexual predators at Fox News who were always on the hunt because they always backed each other up to hide their sexual power plays and had the power to do it. She even ran into it at CNN.

http://theantimedia.org/the-bill-oreill ... get-about/
Spidey wrote:Well, if resisting and fighting back against bullies results in being fired, then so be it. I don’t see how that is blame shifting.

You can put principles ahead of a job, or put a job ahead of principle…either way you have to deal with the consequences.

Would you put up with bull★■◆●…just to keep a job?

I never did, in fact I have quit plenty of jobs because the employer was an Ahole.
Sometimes, people have no other options in a tight job market. Sometimes people hope that the pervert can change. Women are especially caught in a trap because the job market is not-so-upwardly-mobile for them and besides, it's all too common to jump from one pervert of a boss into the lap of another at a different company. Men DO run most of the jobs or own most of the companies in this country. The odds of getting hired by a sexual predator of a boss are quite high. A married boss is no guarantee of being left alone either. I even ran into leering male boss and I couldn't quit right away because I was newly married, poor, I needed the job and the pickings were lean. If he'd ever touched me however, I would have done something not very nice and left post haste.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

network broadcasting gigs are hardly a dime a dozen, so just upping and quitting may sound nice, but to the women involved, it would have meant risking a six figure job with no fallback at CLOSE to the money involved. The stakes for on-air feature personalities would have been far higher than that.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Seriously, ever hear of blacklisting? "You'll never work in this town again!" isn't just a movie cliche.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

callmeslick wrote:network broadcasting gigs are hardly a dime a dozen, so just upping and quitting may sound nice, but to the women involved, it would have meant risking a six figure job with no fallback at CLOSE to the money involved. The stakes for on-air feature personalities would have been far higher than that.
According to that link Tc provided, she was making five figures…not six.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote:I don’t see how that is blame shifting.
but doesn’t it ever occur to this woman to just HANG UP!
^^ this is called blame shifting. aka blaming the victim.

You don't even realize you're doing it, do you. And it has to be pointed out, otherwise you'll just keep doing it over and over.

Just because you can quit for whatever reason, doesn't mean everyone else can. Not everyone lives in your world.
because the job market is not-so-upwardly-mobile for them
Oh that's just bull★■◆●, TC. Any woman can be upwardly mobile. You only hear the contrary from women who don't take all the opportunity given to them. Sabbaticals, Mental Health days, Me-days... Do these sound familiar?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

You’re right Ferno, I think it’s all her own fault…if she just didn’t have those tits……..
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

doubling down, i see.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ferno wrote:Oh that's just bull★■◆●, TC. Any woman can be upwardly mobile. You only hear the contrary from women who don't take all the opportunity given to them. Sabbaticals, Mental Health days, Me-days... Do these sound familiar?
Is it now? Personally, I HAVE experienced the dreaded wage gap and the non-promotions in most of my working life. Women are not seen as strong and decisive by a lot of men, but instead are looked upon as flitty, unstable, unreliable and emotional, not worthy or capable of leadership positions. It's ingrained into the male psyche. Add having kids into the mix and many women are permanently stuck in a lower wage rut. But in my case, especially since there's no cure for severe later-in-mid-life hormone-caused health issues, like migraines, insomnia, IBS and fibromyalgia, which a lot of perimenopausal and post menopausal women experience, it killed my career, or any chance of ever getting a higher paying position, forever.

https://www.geteverwise.com/human-resou ... workplace/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... cs-says#p2
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I love doubling down right after blame shifting…it helps me avoid gas.

Damn that chick is so cute…all I want to do is molest her…and it would be her own fault, for being so cute.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat wrote:Is it now? Personally, I HAVE experienced the dreaded wage gap and the non-promotions in most of my working life. Women are not seen as strong and decisive by a lot of men, but instead are looked upon as flitty, unstable, unreliable and emotional, not worthy or capable of leadership positions. It's ingrained into the male psyche. Add having kids into the mix and many women are permanently stuck in a lower wage rut. But in my case, especially since there's no cure for severe later-in-mid-life hormone-caused health issues, like migraines, insomnia, IBS and fibromyalgia, which a lot of perimenopausal and post menopausal women experience, it killed my career, or any chance of ever getting a higher paying position, forever.

Honestly?

This is like the argument I hear of why women aren't in STEM fields. They have the choice to go into that field, they choose something else, and then complain that there aren't more women in STEM. That, coupled with the fact that most women choose to go with lower-paying positions, don't negotiate for raises as much and take more time off just shows the 'wage gap' line is pure unadulterated bull★■◆●.

You know what I saw yesterday? Girls competing in an engineering challenge. No discrimination, no sexism, nothing. Just straight up ideas competing with ideas.

Which leads me to a question: why do feminists feel like they deserve 23% more money for the same position? The law states that it's illegal to pay someone less based on their gender.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Illegal or not, it's still an issue, although I'll have to agree, it's gotten a lot better than when I entered the workforce nearly 40 years ago.

http://www.aauw.org/research/the-simple ... r-pay-gap/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_ ... ted_States

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... k-managers

Along the lines of the OP's thread, I found these 2 nuggets from The Guardian. I've actually experienced some or all of this mysogynist crap during my work career and obviously, it still goes on.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... tion-women

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... day-sexism
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

So here's the thing - If women were indeed being paid less for the same amount of hours, how come we don't see practically every industry employing only women?

Why would an employer hire men and women when they could go 'Well, I can save a lot of money by hiring only women, so I'll do that!' and tell all men to go somewhere else?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

My viewpoint is women should be treated like horses...ridden hard and put away wet. Oh and if you think Trump or O'Reilly are bad...maybe you should read up on Clinton and Kennedy.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote:My viewpoint is women should be treated like horses...ridden hard and put away wet. Oh and if you think Trump or O'Reilly are bad...maybe you should read up on Clinton and Kennedy.

That's either a tasteless joke or a disgusting attitude.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Lighten up, Francis.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Vander wrote:Lighten up, Francis.

Okay dad.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ferno wrote:So here's the thing - If women were indeed being paid less for the same amount of hours, how come we don't see practically every industry employing only women?

Why would an employer hire men and women when they could go 'Well, I can save a lot of money by hiring only women, so I'll do that!' and tell all men to go somewhere else?
Pride, because maybe because most men think that they can do a LOT of things better than a woman and that this thinking is a long ingrained institution in most patriarchal cultures, of which ours is one? :wink:
woodchip wrote:My viewpoint is women should be treated like horses...ridden hard and put away wet. Oh and if you think Trump or O'Reilly are bad...maybe you should read up on Clinton and Kennedy.
★■◆● woody, I'm glad I'm not married to you. If I had the misfortune of being one of your "horses", once you got off after your little hard ride, this horse have kicked you in the nuts, TWICE, horseshoes and all, bit you in the ass for good measure, taken a dump AND a leak on your doorstep and trotted off into the sunset looking for better pastures. :P
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat wrote:Pride, because maybe because most men think that they can do a LOT of things better than a woman and that this thinking is a long ingrained institution in most patriarchal cultures, of which ours is one? :wink:

Pride? So you believe it's because of ego, and not because men are less likely to take days off for whatever reason? Because ego is valued over productivity? Because ego is more important than making a deadline and keeping others happy? Because ego is more valuable than having a third (generally) simply not show up for work for the year?

Well ★■◆●, and here I thought running a business and making sure it survives year in and year out didn't have anything to do with feelings.

And here's an article that shows that the wage gap is basically made up. Claiming that women make less (and implying they should make more for the less hours they work) is blatant sexism. And besides, you'll outlive men by an average of five years (meaning you earn more money overall), so that more than makes up for the perceived difference.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote:
★■◆● woody, I'm glad I'm not married to you. If I had the misfortune of being one of your "horses", once you got off after your little hard ride, this horse have kicked you in the nuts, TWICE, horseshoes and all, bit you in the ass for good measure, taken a dump AND a leak on your doorstep and trotted off into the sunset looking for better pastures. :P
TC, if you were ever married to me you would learn the true meaning of "Thoroughbred :wink: "
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:TC, if you were ever married to me you would learn the true meaning of "Thoroughbred :wink: "
I'm thinking that within an hour, you'd learn the meaning of 'gelding'.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:TC, if you were ever married to me you would learn the true meaning of "Thoroughbred :wink: "
I'm thinking that within an hour, you'd learn the meaning of 'gelding'.
:lol: :mrgreen:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: TC, if you were ever married to me you would learn the true meaning of "Thoroughbred :wink: "
And you wonder why no females will speak to you without a can of pepper spray at the ready...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ferno wrote:
Tunnelcat wrote:Pride, because maybe because most men think that they can do a LOT of things better than a woman and that this thinking is a long ingrained institution in most patriarchal cultures, of which ours is one? :wink:

Pride? So you believe it's because of ego, and not because men are less likely to take days off for whatever reason? Because ego is valued over productivity? Because ego is more important than making a deadline and keeping others happy? Because ego is more valuable than having a third (generally) simply not show up for work for the year?

Well ★■◆●, and here I thought running a business and making sure it survives year in and year out didn't have anything to do with feelings.

And here's an article that shows that the wage gap is basically made up. Claiming that women make less (and implying they should make more for the less hours they work) is blatant sexism. And besides, you'll outlive men by an average of five years (meaning you earn more money overall), so that more than makes up for the perceived difference.
Well, if it's not ego, perhaps it's due to the perception and expectations both sexes have of each other along with the types of jobs men take verses the types of jobs women take? You'll have to click through all the pages in the link below to see all the examples. For instance, men are assertive, women are aggressive. Men scream, women mutter. Men are casual, women are coquettes, etc., etc.

http://excelle.monster.com/benefits/art ... more-money

Like you indicated, the woman leaving her job to raise a family is also a factor. But age plays a role as well.

http://www.payscale.com/gender-lifetime-earnings-gap

For men, pay stops growing at age 48, but for women, it's age 39. The pay crossover point begins to appear by age 30, which I agree has something to do with starting a family. But do men running businesses automatically make the assumption that all women are going to start a family? Why can't the man be the one to raise the family? As for women having a longer life expectancy, I should think that detail should only become a factor after retirement anyway. Before retirement, the type of job would be the factor, meaning men typically take more dangerous or hazardous jobs than women.

Oh, and this little nugget surfaced just yesterday. I guess sexist birds of a feather flock together at Fox News. I'm also betting that most men won't see Watters' little Ivanka remark as sexist. Or maybe they will. :wink:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fox ... mp-n751866

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote:Yeah man let's completely ignore the validity of the message and instead focus on God knows what sort of bull★■◆●!
Is that not precisely what you do?

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I dunno, when you post something resembling a valid message here, give me a call and we'll see.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm glad I don't have to moderate that phone call. It would probably burn my ears off. :lol: