Gun toatin' 2nd amendment redneck hooligans shooting...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Gun toatin' 2nd amendment redneck hooligans shooting...

Post by Nightshade »

...and swearing to train to shoot those that oppose them. (Basically anyone that supports free speech.)

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/lem ... on-9192965

Shutting down parades is just the beginning:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 4dc24a7de3
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re: Gun toatin' 2nd amendment redneck hooligans shooting...

Post by Ferno »

Read the entire article. Nothing in there implies they're "leftist".

Seems more like an axe to grind.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

in fact, that is a RIGHT wing organization from other reports I read, if there is any ideology at all.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Looks like a duck…
Walks like a duck…
Quacks like a duck…

Nah…must be a turkey.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

So you believe only "leftists", or people and groups who you believe are leftist, are shutting down the free speech? Not so fast NS. Are you projecting perhaps? :wink:

This joke by Colbert has conservative Trump lovers fuming and calling for his firing, and you KNOW that it's conservatives throwing the fit here, also having the gall to call the joke homophobic. Well, I guess they know a homophobic joke when they hear one. :P Lefties sure wouldn't give a rat's ass about a lefty throwing a dirty joke at Trump's expense.

Trump deserved it too. I watched the Sunday Dickerson interview and Trump cut off the session when Dickerson asked him about the wire tapping claims. Trump acted like a petulant 2-year old by turning away, sitting down at his desk and ignoring the interviewer. It was embarrassing moment for the President of the United States.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/late-sh ... 202406991/
Stephen Colbert wrote:“Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine, you have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign language gorilla that got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock holster.”
Colbert had no regrets by the next night, but he did show support to the LBGTQ community and said that he would use less crude words next time to get his point across.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/stephen-colber ... 45305.html

Even our esteemed Attorney General has a thin skin and uses his power to arrest and charge people, for spontaneously laughing at him of all things during a hearing. What, so laughing at a senator's clearly sanitized description of Jeff Sessions' supposed long record of treating all Americans equally is something that warrants an arrest? Not just thrown out of the hearing mind you, but actually arrested and charged?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... yptr=yahoo
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I don’t think there is any way someone on the right can deny there are bad people who gravitate to that side, it would seem to me that it’s the left that has a bad case of denial when it comes to such things.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

pretty sad that the leaders are showing totalitarian tendencies.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:I don’t think there is any way someone on the right can deny there are bad people who gravitate to that side, it would seem to me that it’s the left that has a bad case of denial when it comes to such things.
I don't deny it. I'm sure there are quite a few on the left that despise the violent actions of the anarchists. But NS needs to NOT live in a glass house and constantly throw stones as they say. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:I don’t think there is any way someone on the right can deny there are bad people who gravitate to that side, it would seem to me that it’s the left that has a bad case of denial when it comes to such things.
I guess I see anarchists as mainly non-ideological(or, anti-ideological), and they seem to be the largest group of street militants with violent tendencies, worldwide. As for 'bad people' that is such a broad definition it would be easy to say, sure, both sides pull in 'bad people' who warp the ideology to justify bad actions. Same can be said about religions, ethnic identification, etc, etc.

Once again, a thread with a skewed premise which really is dealing with another outlier with zero real significance.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

And i'm just sitting here in the corner waiting for any evidence to support TB's claim...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Here's the opinion of a conservative "patriot" on the issue of the John Brown Gun Club. At least he's sticking to his principles. He does support their right to carry guns. He'd even defend them if some entity or persons tried to take away their guns. It doesn't matter to him that he considers them lefty commie wackos. The Second Amendment is trumps everything. But of course, one nut job supporting another set of nut jobs is not a sound endorsement. :P

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
I guess I see anarchists as mainly non-ideological(or, anti-ideological), and they seem to be the largest group of street militants with violent tendencies, worldwide. As for 'bad people' that is such a broad definition it would be easy to say, sure, both sides pull in 'bad people' who warp the ideology to justify bad actions. Same can be said about religions, ethnic identification, etc, etc.

Once again, a thread with a skewed premise which really is dealing with another outlier with zero real significance.
So you don't see agitators as being paid? Or is this the outlier ?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nightshade wrote:Image
There is absolutely no evidence that this was an actual quote from Churchill. Check your sources NS before you spread hate speech from right-wing sources in your zeal to go after liberals. Besides, most American liberals aren't Antifa and most American conservatives aren't Nazis, are they? :wink:

http://standuptohate.blogspot.com/p/win ... scist.html

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Winston_Churchill

From the Wiki page about that very quote:
I actually contacted the Churchill Society and asked them if Winston Churchill had ever said "the fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists" They replied saying there was absolutely no evidence anywhere of him ever saying is and so, therefore, he didn't say it. For some reason it has been attributed to him incorrectly.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Is "Antifa" a new term? First time I saw it was a month or two ago, and now I see it a lot.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Wrong again, TB. Looks like you'll believe anything that fits your narrative.

A quick fact-check reveals...

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/9-quotes ... 1790585636
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

“A quick fact check”

I think that is the exact problem here…if you really want facts, you would probably have to do some “real” research yourself...you know…like NOT on the internet.

I’m not criticizing you Ferno per se, just the way we gather our information nowadays.

These days I just assume all quotes are fake…just like our culture is becoming. FAKE!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

If enough places are saying it's a fake quote Spidey, it's probably a fake quote. Even the Winston Churchill Society, and they should be the ones to know, claim they could find no reference to any such statement ever made by Churchill, so it's fake.
Vander wrote:Is "Antifa" a new term? First time I saw it was a month or two ago, and now I see it a lot.
It's actually pretty old and seems to have begun in the 1920's in Europe as a leftist response to the rise of Italian Fascism. You're only just hearing it now because it's again the extreme left's response to the rise of the extremist Alt-Right movement in the U.S., including the election of Trump and the right wing nationalist movements in Europe. One extreme gaining power seems to bring out the other in response.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-fascism

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... fa-fascism
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:

So you don't see agitators as being paid? Or is this the outlier ?
I've been involved with a lot of protests, a lot of them. Many you would call 'agitators'(and have, on a couple instances, here, although no violence occurred). Never knew a soul to get paid to do so, so yes, any such case would seem a massive outlier.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

when you have to post a lie to make your point, you have no point.
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote:These days I just assume all quotes are fake…just like our culture is becoming. FAKE!

Mostly true -- most quotes are generated with the express purpose of garnering clicks. There are a few out there that are actually true; and those you have to hunt down.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Abraham Lincoln wrote:Yo, Taylor, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time! One of the best videos of all time!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

That almost sounds like a Trump quote. :P