Official release from White House over Comey firing.`

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Official release from White House over Comey firing.`

Post by callmeslick »

seriously, can ANYONE argue against an independent investigation and counsel?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Official release from White House over Comey firing.`

Post by Tunnelcat »

Trump didn't even tell Comey he was fired to his face, nor did he receive a written statement. Comey only found out that he was fired when he saw the story on CNN of all places. What a man Mr. Trump. Can't even face his own employees when he fires them. Wussy. :roll: Dick Durbin just came out and said that Trump was only trying to squash the Trump Russia investigation. I see a Constitutional crisis looming.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

you know, to be as fair as I can be, Comey made far too many mistakes to have not provided AMPLE reason for dismissal. The timing, however, is suspect or at the very least looks like ★■◆●. I do hope this points up the need for true, thorough, timely impartial investigation by professional prosecutors and an unhindered law enforcement and security staff into what exactly is going on with the Russian thing. We cannot keep lurching from event to event and having some linkage to that great unknown that reeks to high heaven to at least 2/3 of the public. As a nation, that would be courting utter disaster.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

this is where this is heading, you can sort of feel it:

George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Lies seem to be ok, depending on who is telling them.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Funny how Hillary Clinton said she would fire Comey if she got elected. If that would of come about I wonder if slick and friends would be holding up cartoon signs about how Hilary should be going to prison. Of course not. We would be hearing only laudatory statements proclaiming how she was doing a great and brave thing.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

woodchip wrote:Funny how Hillary Clinton said she would fire Comey if she got elected.
Can you cite this? I couldn't find anything trying to find it on Google.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Jeff250 wrote:
woodchip wrote:Funny how Hillary Clinton said she would fire Comey if she got elected.
that's because he's lying, again. At least you called him on that one, I get tired sometimes.
George Orwell---"1984"
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Spidey wrote:Lies seem to be ok, depending on who is telling them.
Isn't that how it has always been ? ...
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Jeff250 wrote:
He can't; it's a lie.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Grendel wrote:
Spidey wrote:Lies seem to be ok, depending on who is telling them.
Isn't that how it has always been ? ...
Sorry about that bit of the obvious, but I just thought it was ironic considering some of the statements made in the last few threads.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm guessing no love loss from Mr. Comey. Oh, and the day before Comey gets the axe, he had asked for more resources for the Russian investigation. Maybe the hot seat is getting a little too hot for President Trump? :wink:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/p ... comey.html

Another interesting item, the number 18. 18 minutes missing from Nixon's tapes and the 18 days it took to fire Flynn, after Trump and crew had been warned about Flynn's connections with Russia.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

apparently, Trump was enraged with Comey after Comey referred to the 'wiretapping' claims as the talk of a crazy man.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote:I'm guessing no love loss from Mr. Comey. Oh, and the day before Comey gets the axe, he had asked for more resources for the Russian investigation. Maybe the hot seat is getting a little too hot for President Trump? :wink:

And maybe you are as big a liar as
i am:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/5/10 ... dy-s-lying
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

it isn't TC.....that story was confirmed by nearly a dozen sources, the ONLY denial coming from the Trump administration which has provably lied over 500 times in less than 120 days.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:
Tunnelcat wrote:I'm guessing no love loss from Mr. Comey. Oh, and the day before Comey gets the axe, he had asked for more resources for the Russian investigation. Maybe the hot seat is getting a little too hot for President Trump? :wink:

And maybe you are as big a liar as
i am:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/5/10 ... dy-s-lying
Well, I'm not the one who reported this particular story. I just passed it along. I'm not so thin-skinned that I would resent being called a liar, unlike our current crazy ego-maniacal Commander in Chief who fires people who won't swear loyalty oaths to His Highness and who doesn't even have the balls to face the Director of the FBI and tell him personally he's been fired. Bwok, Bwok, Bah-Gok. I've also found a few links refuting the story as well, but there are way more sources that can be found actually supporting the story. I also take with a grain of salt anything that comes out of the Justice Department. Sessions has got to be so deep into Trump's hip pocket that he lives there like a load of old grungy pocket lint, you know, kind of like Ol' Russky Vlad, so I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of that man's mouth, or office. And here I thought you never believed anything that the DailyKos came up with anyway? :wink:

Besides, the Deputy AG Rosenstein is now pissed off that Trump tried to use him as the reason to fire Comey. Ooooh! More Trump chicken ★■◆●. Let's see, what do you call a man who uses others to get what he wants? Ahhhh.... a sociopath! I'll give several links to support this one too.

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/05/deput ... -quit-over

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/11/deputy-a ... issal.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/rod-rose ... ing-2017-5
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh, and to add insult to injury, Trump was actually stupid enough to let a Russian photographer from TASS into the Oval Office on Wednesday and he did this stupidity after he'd fired Comey over the "Russian thing". Is Trump either stupid, or just thumbing his nose at every American who's concerned about our national security and foreign influences in our government? Has he even watched the show "The Americans"? Why isn't every Republican in the country at the very least starting to get a little concerned about Trump and his actions? If a Dem president had done the very same things Trump has done or currently been doing, Repubs would be yelling loud and clear for impeachment. Is there some sort of hypocrite denial disease running around Washington or something, because I think Conservatives are looking at everything through orange-colored glasses and it's blinding them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

And here's our Watergate. It makes no difference at this point if the entire Russia thing winds up being a big steaming pile of nothing. The President just fired the head of the FBI because he was under investigation. This is the literal textbook definition of obstruction of justice. Any representative who doesn't vote for articles of impeachment on this is taking a ★■◆● on the Constitution.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Politicians in Washington like to champion the constitution whenever they want something, but when it really comes down to it the constitution doesn't pay the bills for their extravagant lifestyle or for their enormously expensive election campaigning. So no matter what Trump and his allies do against the constitution, the republicans (and likely the democrats also) won't seriously move to impeach him unless it looks like it will cost them money to not do so.

Trump promised to drain the swamp, which he did, just nobody who voted for him expected his method of drainage to be displacing all the remaining water with the worst mix of raw sewage and hazardous industrial waste imaginable.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

and rest assured, at least for the immediate future, TG, nowhere near the plurality needed for impeachment can be found in the House. Given election cycles and pressure, I'd give it about 6 months before those folks run REAL scared, and then the ★■◆● will hit the fan. No, I no longer think there is a snowball's chance in hell that the truth will be obstructed that long. Remember, other nations' intelligence services have information to be shared, Trump just insulted the whole of the FBI from most reports with his handling of Comey, so rogue operators there will join a pissed off group in the CIA and NSA that have been real leery of Trumps inner circle already, so the chance of pretty much all dirt making it to the public realm is great.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

There's yet another aspect to this entangled web of deceit besides interfering with our election. It's looks like investigators in other agencies, specifically FinCEN, are following Trump's money trail, specifically whether Trump was involved in Russian money laundering with all his real estate deals. That information, they say, is crucial to determine whether there was collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia during our last election. I'm almost thinking of changing my vote to "under". :wink:

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/treasur ... id/789890/
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

May you live in interesting times!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Actually, we're just reliving the Nixon years because we're too stupid to learn from our previous mistakes. :P
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote:And here's our Watergate. It makes no difference at this point if the entire Russia thing winds up being a big steaming pile of nothing. The President just fired the head of the FBI because he was under investigation. This is the literal textbook definition of obstruction of justice. Any representative who doesn't vote for articles of impeachment on this is taking a ★■◆● on the Constitution.
If you think Trumps firing of Comey was a bad thing:
Let’s cut right to the chase: James Comey should have been fired immediately following his disastrous press briefing last July, in which he candidly laid out the case against Hillary Clinton over her mishandling of classified information and then refused to recommend charges. Overstepping his authority while radiating sanctimony, arrogating power while clumsily intervening in the election, Comey deserved to be sacked on the spot.
On his watch, the FBI continued its politically correct, see-no-evil attitude toward radical Islam and thus failed to prevent the atrocity in San Bernardino; it also investigated the Orlando nightclub shooter for 10 months before closing its case, allowing him to kill or wound 102 people. Meanwhile, the federal office of personnel management was hacked by the Chinese, resulting in a serious data breach. That’s failure on an unacceptable level.

Now the bureau’s tied up and bogged down in the almost certainly chimerical “Russian hacking” fantasy, which bubbled up out of the leftist fever swamp in the wake of Clinton’s loss in November, and for which there is exactly zero evidence.
http://nypost.com/2017/05/13/comeys-fir ... o-the-fbi/

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

some delusional opinions there, Woody. There are some folks going to jail over this one, despite the GOP having the votes to block impeachment(until the political landscape gets too hellish for them). It is really disingenuous to suggest that after years of witch-hunts PROVING NOTHING versus Clinton, the start of this process(and this is merely the start of a process, based upon what documents are being traced now)shouldn't be happening. Smokescreens around the usual boogeymen(soft on 'Islamic' terror, etc), the Dems wanted this, etc, simply don't wash. Anderson Cooper put it best when he merely rolled his eyes at the devils spawn that got sent to try and explain what is rather obvious Obstruction of Justice.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Anderson Cooper, the guy that brought the term "Tea bagger" to the national lexicon. Speak about someone having a slanted left protectionist presentation. I don't know how you figure, slick, that Trump is obstructing justice. After all Clinton fired Bill Sessions, his FBI chief. Both FBI heads were recommended for dismissal by the presidents AJ. If there is a legitimate Russian concern, the new FBI chief will continue to pursue.

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

anything to fuel your hateboner for anything you deem on the left eh woodster?

But let's see what the facts say...
Just before Bill Clinton was inaugurated as the 42nd President of the United States on January 20, 1993, allegations of ethical improprieties were made against Sessions. A report by outgoing Attorney General William P. Barr presented to the Justice Department that month by the Office of Professional Responsibility included criticisms that he had used an FBI plane to travel to visit his daughter on several occasions, and had a security system installed in his home at government expense. Janet Reno, the 78th Attorney General of the United States, announced that Sessions had exhibited "serious deficiencies in judgment."
Although Sessions denied that he had acted improperly, he was pressured to resign in early July, with some suggesting that President Clinton was giving Sessions the chance to step down in a dignified manner. Sessions refused, saying that he had done nothing wrong, and insisted on staying in office until his successor was confirmed. As a result, President Clinton dismissed Sessions on July 19, 1993.
Oooooops. Looks like you're caught pushing bull★■◆● again.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno wrote:anything to fuel your hateboner for anything you deem on the left eh woodster?

But let's see what the facts say...
Just before Bill Clinton was inaugurated as the 42nd President of the United States on January 20, 1993, allegations of ethical improprieties were made against Sessions. A report by outgoing Attorney General William P. Barr presented to the Justice Department that month by the Office of Professional Responsibility included criticisms that he had used an FBI plane to travel to visit his daughter on several occasions, and had a security system installed in his home at government expense. Janet Reno, the 78th Attorney General of the United States, announced that Sessions had exhibited "serious deficiencies in judgment."
Although Sessions denied that he had acted improperly, he was pressured to resign in early July, with some suggesting that President Clinton was giving Sessions the chance to step down in a dignified manner. Sessions refused, saying that he had done nothing wrong, and insisted on staying in office until his successor was confirmed. As a result, President Clinton dismissed Sessions on July 19, 1993.
Oooooops. Looks like you're caught pushing bull★■◆● again.
bull★■◆●? Did Clinton not fire Sessions? Only hatebone around here is the one you have for me. [Keep the personal shots out of the discussion]

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Not surprised you ignore facts to keep pushing your alternative reality.

And a girlfriend shot? What was that you said about failing as a human being?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The difference woody is that Comey was fired WHILE leading an FBI investigation that directly concerned a Trump/Russia connection. That includes any possible Trump and Russian collusion during our last election and the distinct possibility that Trump and his LLC's have in the past, or are currently being used to, launder Russian Oligarch money, which is definitely ILLEGAL. Bill Sessions was fired due to the misuse of his government office for personal gain, a theft of government services, which is also illegal. That's a BIG difference in reasons for termination and the thefts didn't specifically involve Bill Clinton. Plus, the allegations were made against Sessions before Clinton was inaugurated.

Trump on the other hand is up to his eyeballs in Russian stink. Trump did the equivalent of the Nixon firing of Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox right in the middle of the Nixon/Watergate investigation. Trump would have served himself far better if he'd thickened his skin and let the FBI do it's job. If Trump was innocent, then he would have been cleared down the road. Now that's Trump has gone and fired Comey, it smells to high heaven of obstruction of justice.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote:Anderson Cooper, the guy that brought the term "Tea bagger" to the national lexicon. Speak about someone having a slanted left protectionist presentation. I don't know how you figure, slick, that Trump is obstructing justice. After all Clinton fired Bill Sessions, his FBI chief. Both FBI heads were recommended for dismissal by the presidents AJ. If there is a legitimate Russian concern, the new FBI chief will continue to pursue.
It amazes me that someone who claims to have taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitution is burying his head in the sand while the president actively shits all over it. [Deleted - Personal Shot]
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

TG: he only claimed that to one-up Sigma when they were having their army brat spat.