Comey, it turns out....

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Comey, it turns out....

Post by callmeslick »

....likes to write down and send memos about any controversial meetings he is involved in(goes back to his days in the Bush admin as a deputy AG). Turns out, Lord Dampnut called him into a private meeting and sought to have the Flynn investigation ended. Now, mind you, the only way a President proper can be indicted for Obstruction of Justice is in the House of Representatives via Articles of Impeachment. However, Jason Chaffetz(R-Utah), who is Chair of the House Oversight Committee has demanded to see the one memo pronto and suggested the idea of a supoena of all Comey memos regarding contacts with the President since January. The words Obstruction of Justice were brought up by that very GOP Congressman. Cracks in the veneer? We'll see.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re: Comey, it turns out....

Post by Ferno »

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Was that supposed to be comedy, or is he on a lecture tour.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

I suppose it was designed to be comedy at first, but now it seems like it's both.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It's even worse. Trump told Pence and Sessions to leave the office before he made his little "request" to Comey. Besides, Trump may think Flynn is a "good guy", but there's enough evidence to point to the fact that he's dirty as hell.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po ... f-justice/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Apparently Trump gave a speech at the Coast Guard Academy graduation in which he claimed to be the "worst-treated candidate/president ever." Now who the ★■◆●'s the "snowflake"?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Actually, didn't he say:
Donald Trump wrote:"Never, ever, ever give up. Things will work out just fine. Look at the way I have been treated lately, especially by the media. No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly."
https://www.usnews.com/news/national-ne ... in-history

Frankly, with his despicable behavior, he deserves all the ridicule everyone can dish out.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea I have to agree, but the problem is...all of the crap being thrown at him is just creating a giant fog, where the real important things are getting lost.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

None of this crazy stuff surrounding Trump fazes you Spidey? Doesn't his unstable behavior at the very least bother you at all? The man can't focus on his job because he's paranoid and thin-skinned, not because of all the fog. In fact, he's been creating most of that fog with his firing of Comey and his inept attempts at trying to stop investigations concerning some of his people (who are clearly guilty of some sort of crooked money dealings with Russia and Ukraine). Even the markets today took a Trump dump. The handwriting is on the wall.

And what's everyone's opinion of this news. I don't know enough about Mueller to make a judgement call, but he was appointed by the DOJ.

http://6abc.com/politics/fmr-fbi-direct ... n/2005033/
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I give up...I never said any of that.

this is bull★■◆●!
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Top Gun wrote:Apparently Trump gave a speech at the Coast Guard Academy graduation in which he claimed to be the "worst-treated candidate/president ever." Now who the ★■◆●'s the "snowflake"?

Wow.

I'm stunned.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:I give up...I never said any of that.

this is bull★■◆●!
Yes, I know you never said any of that. I know you are worried about the important things and deeds being lost or not put forth in all this press lust for blood. I'd still like to see Obamacare repealed and that isn't going to happen as long as this scandal takes the oxygen out of everything. I just wanted to know if you consider any of this "fog" that's been surrounding Trump to be nothing but a partisan witch hunt, or does it have even a smidgen of voracity somewhere in your mind?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Speaking of the Trump debacle, it keeps getting worse.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... yptr=yahoo
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:....likes to write down and send memos about any controversial meetings he is involved in(goes back to his days in the Bush admin as a deputy AG). Turns out, Lord Dampnut called him into a private meeting and sought to have the Flynn investigation ended. Now, mind you, the only way a President proper can be indicted for Obstruction of Justice is in the House of Representatives via Articles of Impeachment. However, Jason Chaffetz(R-Utah), who is Chair of the House Oversight Committee has demanded to see the one memo pronto and suggested the idea of a supoena of all Comey memos regarding contacts with the President since January. The words Obstruction of Justice were brought up by that very GOP Congressman. Cracks in the veneer? We'll see.
Any bets the memos were written after he was fired? Sour grapes anyone?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Any bets the memos were written after he was fired? Sour grapes anyone?
How much will you be willing to wager, publicly, on this board? Name your number. Comey has been writing extemporaneous memos at least going back to his years as Asst AG. Memos sent via computer can be dated, precisely, so I'll take your bet, up to any amount you wish. Of course, you'll likely show no more balls than the faker in the White House, but to suggest sour grapes is yet another show that you have no more interest in standing up for your nation than the likes of Flynn and the rest.
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: Any bets the memos were written after he was fired? Sour grapes anyone?
You're bending over backwards so far it's a miracle your spine hasn't snapped in two.

("I do solemly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.")