So

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

So

Post by woodchip »

Not sure why we have all this talk about the Russians and Flynn when we have this:
The FBI in late December reviewed intercepts of communications between the Russian ambassador to the United States and retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn — national security adviser to then-President-elect Trump — but has not found any evidence of wrongdoing or illicit ties to the Russian government, U.S. officials said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 7afd376416

Now if there has been nothing wrong, why is the press trying to generate a lie by saying Trump tried to pressure Comey into backing off from investigating Flynn?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: So

Post by callmeslick »

point one, that report was from January. Other agencies were just starting to sort through a bunch of intercepts from foreign governments.

point two, knowing that he was under active investigation, he was still placed by the incoming President in a position of access to all classified materials.

point three, this in no way speaks to the fact he clearly violated Federal law around receiving money from foreign governments or agencies, stipulated in the laws around former General Staff officers and retirement.

point four, this in no way speaks to the fact he failed to disclose the above contacts upon interview for the position he was given.

point five, I have great faith Mr. Mueller will sort all this stuff out, quite thoroughly. I would hope you do, too, as a CITIZEN, Woody.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

By the way, Cheetolini made the above assertion at the VERY inappropriate moment of the Commencement Speech to the graduating class of the US Coast Guard Academy. What was that egotistic ass even doing blabbering about himself? Moreover, he was whining about his poor suffering self to a group of men and women who were about to take on a job in which they ROUTINELY put their lives at risk for the safety of the naton and their fellow citizens. The Coast Guard is the branch of the Services that bears the most uniform, consistent level of personal risk on a daily basis.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

You do realize Mandela was jailed for sabotage against the SA govt? Maybe yo should find someone different to showcase your point.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:Not sure why we have all this talk about the Russians and Flynn when we have this
Well, as absurd as it seems, one might have taken the White House's stated reasoning for firing Flynn at face value. He was ostensibly fired because he lied to Pence about his (and Kushner's!) contacts with Russians, right?
Now if there has been nothing wrong, why is the press trying to generate a lie by saying Trump tried to pressure Comey into backing off from investigating Flynn?
Maybe nothing wrong with contacts with Russian's, but that wasn't the only thing Flynn was being investigated for. I tend to think that Flynn probably gave Russia a heads up not to worry about sanctions, which might technically be wrong, but I don't see as a huge issue after the election. Russia's immediate non-response could've just as easily been an action to put the incoming administration in a precarious position. If their goal is destabilization, supporting Trump's candidacy and harming him politically after are means to the same end.

I think it's folly to hang a hat on anything at this point.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:You do realize Mandela was jailed for sabotage against the SA govt? Maybe yo should find someone different to showcase your point.
how about the French aristocratic leadership, who were beheaded? Mandela was a political leader, despite all other activities, and was imprisoned for that activity foremost of all.
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote:You do realize Mandela was jailed for sabotage against the SA govt? Maybe yo should find someone different to showcase your point.

Arrested for conspiring to overthrow an apartheid government, who in 1990 released him under mounting fears of a civil war.

Read a ★■◆●ing history book.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Woody, this is all I hope for out of Trump supporters. All I ask.

George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

States the side that has elevated denial to an art form.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

callmeslick wrote:Woody, this is all I hope for out of Trump supporters. All I ask.

As much as I'd like to say the same thing... we both know for a fact that this will not only not happen, but he'll turn it around and throw mud at us.

We can only hope for so long, but as soon as reality sets in - we have to see it for what it is. In this case, it will not only be a heaping pile of denial, but derision and blame-shifting. It's much better to just sit back and watch them fall on their face, then refuse to help when they ask for it. Just walk away when it crumbles.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

As for Flynn woody, something a little more recent than last January.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/does-flynn-t ... 22261.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.