Leaker

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Leaker

Post by woodchip »

Well at least Comey admitted he was a leaker during his testimony. Along with whining and admitting he was too weak & afraid to stand up for himself:
But why didn’t you stop and say, ‘Mr. President, this is wrong. I cannot discuss this with you’?” asked Democratic senator Dianne Feinstein.

“Maybe if I were stronger, I would have. I was so stunned by the conversation that I just took in,” Comey replied
Lou Dobbs
@LouDobbs
Comey is an embarrassing, weak and ineffective person to have ever led the FBI...And was a leaker as well.

I bet if J Edgar Hover was was around he'd put the President in his place, sic his bulldog on him and still have his job.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Leaker

Post by callmeslick »

J Edgar Hoover was a cross dresser who flaunted the law. Not a good reference point, Woody. I find the hand wringing funny, when all Comey did was 'leak' a memo WRITTEN BY HIM, WITH HIS AUTHORIZATION and the doc wasn't classified. It's like me giving my personal notes to a paper. Big ★■◆●ing deal. What is being overlooked, by Woody's luddite camp was Comey's statement that at this time Mueller has ALL his memos and notes.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Comey leaked his own notes. The only technicality was that he typed them up on the FBI's computer systems. Nothing was classified in his leaked memos either, it was just his own recollections of his conversations with Trump. Instead, I'd call Comey an honest whistle-blower (he did fully admit his act to the Senate committee and didn't even try to hide it) all in an effort to cover his ass when he knew he was dealing with a President who's a known serial pathological liar that likes to get his way. Kicking Jeff Sessions and those other witnesses out of the Oval Office to talk to Comey privately about perhaps seeing his way to stopping the still active investigation of Flynn CAN be considered an illegal act on Trump's part.

But it all comes down to a "he said, he said" doesn't it? I'd believe Comey's word over Trump's by any stretch of the imagination in any setting any day. If Trump actually has recordings of this conversation, I don't know if I'd even trust those because any good audio expert can manipulate those digital files to favor Trump, all because Comey was so stunned, he didn't make any reply that would have to be changed post recording. Why else would it be taking so long for Trump to give up those recordings, if Trump even made them at all that is? :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Trump won't release recordings because he's not a snitch like Comey. He believes in the sanctity of the FBI and doesn't want to embarrass them by disparaging their former director, and is a big enough man to take the heat for not releasing them. I'm sure that bull★■◆● will get floated at some point, to cover for Trump who probably just said "tapes" while blustering off the cuff.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Hell, even the press keeps says "tapes". Audio tape hasn't been used for years. It's just as bad as saying "film" for digital video. Boneheads. Nonetheless, Trump has leaked more classified stuff via his tweets than Comey did through his one memo. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Woody couldn't possibly be a bigger sycophant if he had his nose physically buried in Trump's ass crack.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Top Gun wrote:Woody couldn't possibly be a bigger sycophant if he had his nose physically buried in Trump's ass crack.

You've made the fatal assumption that his head is outside of Trump's ass. :D

And of course, here in canada, we're just enjoying the show that is his self-destruction.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You Canadians should worry. We're that crazy next door neighbor that destroys the peace for whole neighborhood.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

We can take care of ourselves. We did buy some of your military tech and we have some of the best trained people around, so I think we'll be good.