Another leftist...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Another leftist...

Post by Nightshade »

...shows his true racist colors...
Shia LaBeouf went full racist at the Savannah Police Dept. where he was arrested this past weekend, telling a black officer he would go to hell because of his skin color.

In newly released video, while Shia was being fingerprinted he looked at a black officer and said, "You're going to hell, straight to hell, bro." A white cop questioned the drunk actor, and added ... "That doesn't mean he's going to hell." Shia responded, "It means a whole lot, bro."

He goes on to accuse the cops of being racist because "a black man arrested me for being white."

TMZ broke the story, Shia was arrested for public drunkenness, disorderly conduct and obstruction and was out of control when he was arrested and taken to the station for booking.

When he was in the police car en route to the slammer, he told a black officer he was out of line for arresting a white man who simply asked for a cigarette.
http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/12/shia-labe ... ck-racist/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Another leftist...

Post by callmeslick »

not sure where liberalism enters into alcohol abuse problems, but run with it............. :roll:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Are you kidding…liberalism is responsible for alcohol abuse.

:P
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Only you would equate alcohol abuse with leftism, TB.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote:Only you would equate alcohol abuse with leftism, TB.
Yes because once sober, Shia LaBeouf isn't a leftist. :roll:
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Now where are you getting that from? Brietbart? Fox News? Infowars? or facebook's hyperconservative groups?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You sure about that NS? Shia LaBeouf's parents were classic hippies and dopers, lefties to the core. Sure, their alcohol and drug use probably rubbed off on him, but most children are revolted at the idea of being connected with the same political affiliation as their parents, so they usually end up as the opposite of their parents. Mike Wallace's kids come to mind. The father was liberal to the core. His kids are the opposite, both registered Republicans and one working for Fox News. Oh, and Shia's now a born-again Christian too. Ding, ding, ding! There's the indication he's got a conservative slant. Most Christians nowadays would just as soon slit their throats as be called liberals. :P

By the way, the guy has definitely had anger management and alcohol abuse issues for a long time. That's not a liberal problem either. If you want NS, I can search for conservative types who've had the same problems and get plenty of hits. Mel Gibson comes to mind right off the top of my head and I know that he's more conservative than average AND an bigoted anti-Semite. :wink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_LaBeouf
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Oh look, another TB thread founded on pure bull★■◆●.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat wrote:You sure about that NS? Shia LaBeouf's parents were classic hippies and dopers, lefties to the core. Sure, their alcohol and drug use probably rubbed off on him, but most children are revolted at the idea of being connected with the same political affiliation as their parents, so they usually end up as the opposite of their parents. Mike Wallace's kids come to mind. The father was liberal to the core. His kids are the opposite, both registered Republicans and one working for Fox News. Oh, and Shia's now a born-again Christian too. Ding, ding, ding! There's the indication he's got a conservative slant. Most Christians nowadays would just as soon slit their throats as be called liberals. :P

By the way, the guy has definitely had anger management and alcohol abuse issues for a long time. That's not a liberal problem either. If you want NS, I can search for conservative types who've had the same problems and get plenty of hits. Mel Gibson comes to mind right off the top of my head and I know that he's more conservative than average AND an bigoted anti-Semite. :wink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_LaBeouf

If there's one thing we know, Tunnelcat, is that TB here is allergic to fact when it doesn't align with his worldview.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

“Facts”…lol…exactly what facts have been established here?

Hollywood produces some of the biggest weirdos the world has ever seen…yea, lets run with that one…
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote:“Facts”…lol…exactly what facts have been established here?

Hollywood produces some of the biggest weirdos the world has ever seen…yea, lets run with that one…

*points to the article TC posted...

*points to the fact that most kids do rebel against their parents because they don't really want to be associated with their parents in the same way

*points to the fact that the connection between drunkenness and leftism doesn't exist...

which were already established in this thread before you showed that you didn't read it at all...
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Wiki…lol…yea, that’s the place everyone should get their facts.

The second one is far from a fact.

The third one is irrelevant because you fell for the diversion tactic slick used to change the issue from racism to alcohol.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I did no such thing, Spidey, so why are you lying? Or, are you just confused? The issue is that an assertion was made about LEFTISTS, based upon specious guesswork, and using an alcoholic as an example. I never disputed that he made racist comments for one second. I disputed that he is anything past a young man with drinking problems, though.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Nice spin…tell it to Readers Digest.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Liar and then ducking the lie. Nice touch.
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote:Wiki…lol…yea, that’s the place everyone should get their facts.

The third one is irrelevant because you fell for the diversion tactic slick used to change the issue from racism to alcohol.

If you have facts to refute the article and what's posted, show them.

and no, the third one is not a diversion because again... no link between leftism and drunkenness.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:Wiki…lol…yea, that’s the place everyone should get their facts.

As to Wiki, why would they lie about this guy's parents being hippies? The information come from someone and it doesn't seem like something that would need to be made up.

On the second point, you're right that kids rebelling against their parents is not always sure thing. I'm basing my original idea on the fact that kids from the 1960's, my generation, typically rebelled against their parents and their old stodgy ways, including political affiliations. Nowadays, I agree that may not be always true. Things and ideas change between generations all the time, so I concede the point. I couldn't find a more recent poll, but this Gallup Poll from 2005 shows that kids of that era tended to stick with the politics of their parents, the direct opposite of kids from the 50's and 60's. Today, however, with most Millennials tending towards liberalism, it might now hearken back to the 60's and kids may now be trending again towards the rebel-against-everything-their-parents-believe-in mantra. :wink:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/14515/Teens- ... tives.aspx

On the third point, NS is the one who equated alcoholism with being a leftie. That is definitely not true. My point was that alcoholism and alcohol knows no party affiliation and I gave an example with Mel Gibson and his drunken anti-Semitic cop rants, but it does tend to uncover latent tendencies that are normally suppressed. If someone is a racist, a bigot or even bad tempered normally but hides it, alcohol will tend to reveal that once the brain is well inebriated. Alcohol usually brings out everyone's bad hidden traits, whether they're conservatives or liberals. Oh, and Spidey, actors can be either liberals or conservatives (and I can find quite a few examples of both) although I agree more of them tend to be liberals.

One thing that can be said is true is that most Christians today are conservative, especially born-again Christians. My sister, who was a hell-raising oversexed doper as a teenager, is now an ardent born again Bible thumping, Jesus-loving, homo-hating, conservative who voted for Trump and still supports him. So it stands that LaBeouf probably leans conservative since he's suddenly found Jesus in his life and being liberal is an antithesis to that. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

No TC….TB equated “racism” with the left…not alcoholism…please read the OP’s title and first line again.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey wrote:No TC….TB equated “racism” with the left…not alcoholism…please read the OP’s title and first line again.
Which was also beat to death a while back, with... again... no casual link between the two. You really need to stop playing teams. It only serves to confuse you.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:No TC….TB equated “racism” with the left…not alcoholism…please read the OP’s title and first line again.
And I'm saying that he's probably now a conservative because of his new found Christian conversion from Judaism back in 2014. So who's right? I'm sure I can dig up the stats that show MOST Christians today are typically conservative. Sure, he could be an outlier and be an actual leftie Christian, but it's a lot rarer of an animal. I think when people "get religion" they tend to become more conservative because suddenly, all their compatriots or new found friends that they identify with are mostly conservative as well.

As for the alcohol use, THAT'S what brought out his latent racism. It didn't MAKE him racist. I'm not that stupid. :mrgreen:
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I saw Shia Labeouf at last week's "leftist" meeting helping to construct some crosses to burn. Dude's pretty good with a hammer.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

TC from where I stand you can’t throw a rock without hitting a liberal Catholic, and you can’t throw a rock in New England without hitting a liberal Protestant, we also have many black liberal Christians around here, so I don’t really know how someone’s religion can be used as a gauge of their politics, not without further information anyway.

Isn't Obama a Christian?
Isn't Bill Clinton a Christian?
Isn't Jimmy Carter a Christian?
Wasn't Kennedy a Christian?
Do I need to go on or do you get the drift?

Besides I never even made any assertion about his politics, my entire point was how the subject was changed from racism to alcohol…nothing really more that that. (nothing that I care about anyway)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:TC from where I stand you can’t throw a rock without hitting a liberal Catholic, and you can’t throw a rock in New England without hitting a liberal Protestant, we also have many black liberal Christians around here, so I don’t really know how someone’s religion can be used as a gauge of their politics, not without further information anyway.

Isn't Obama a Christian?
Isn't Bill Clinton a Christian?
Isn't Jimmy Carter a Christian?
Wasn't Kennedy a Christian?
Do I need to go on or do you get the drift?

Besides I never even made any assertion about his politics, my entire point was how the subject was changed from racism to alcohol…nothing really more that that. (nothing that I care about anyway)
Yes, there are always exceptions to the rule, especially when dealing with Catholics, Baptists and Jews. But labeling a particular set of Americans can be fraught with error and result in misunderstandings. The fact is, there are a lot of actors who are conservatives. NS claiming that Shia Labeouf being a crazy drunken liberal that requires derision just because he's an actor is no more accurate than me claiming that all born-again Christians are bigoted conservatives. I also haven't found a definitive answer on WHAT Labeouf's political affiliation is anyway. He hasn't said. Most of the liberal tags come from vicious right wing websites. All I can say is that my born-again Christian sister and her Christian friends are all Republicans. By the way, born-again Christians represent around half of all Republican voters, two-fifths of Democrats and one-third of Independents. :wink:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/how-d ... -up-26175/