I was just talking to the police AND...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

I was just talking to the police AND...

Post by Tunnelcat »

While in my PJ's and ended up being shot dead by the cop sitting in his patrol car.

Here's a good cop, bad cop thread for you Grendel. :wink:

This one's a weird case too. The woman calls police to report hearing another woman screaming behind her house. She goes outside and meets up with the cops in their car as they enter the alley behind her home. She's standing by the driver's door and talking to them about what she's heard when the partner in the front passenger seat, who's already got his gun out, proceeds to shoot her in the abdomen through the open driver's door window. He also has to shoot right past the nose of his driving partner in order to hit her and this apparently occurred right after there was a sudden loud noise. The cop driving apparently didn't react in the same way either. What's even weirder is that the cop who did the shooting is an immigrant from Somalia and refuses to talk to investigators about why he did it. He's also got previous complaints about being rough with women suspects he's had interactions with in the past. On top of that, both the vehicle dash cam and their body cams were conveniently turned OFF. Bad cop or bad immigrant?

http://www.startribune.com/australian-w ... 434782213/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re: I was just talking to the police AND...

Post by Ferno »

First thought in my head was: what the hell did that immigrant go through in order to react like that -- because that's definitely not normal.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote:First thought in my head was: what the hell did that immigrant go through in order to react like that -- because that's definitely not normal.
He went through what most immigrants from central African/middle eastern nations do. A culturally backed disregard for human rights- women's rights least of all.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

We don't know that yet NS. So far, nothing has come out as to any reasons. Him being a Somali immigrant with different values than ours may or may not have played a part. So far, no word, no reason. Police Chief Janee Harteau said it should not have happened at all. This makes the Minneapolis police department look like a bunch of trigger happy loons. This comes right on the heels of the Philando Castile shooting that was all caught on cell phone video.

However, our nation's image is suffering under the scrutiny of all these police shootings. The Aussies now consider the U.S. to be a dangerous place to visit or live in. The Sydney Daily Telegraph is calling it the "American Nightmare".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... &tid=a_inl
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I love how the media exploits this tragedy to talk about gun control…an issue that has NOTHING to do with what happened here.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I live in Minneapolis. The area is 50th and France which is attached to an affluent suburb called Edina. You ★■◆●ing useless fat faggots that spend your lives on message boards know nothing of this. I used to hang 2 blocks away for 5 years of my life - nothing ever going on but block parties with your neighbors and piano lessons.

The cop that murdered her shot OVER his partner from the passenger seat of the cop car. That's not protocol, hey everyone let's just shoot a pistol over someones lap! Our police chief resigned and the shooter won't speak to the authorities AT ALL. It's a major deal 'round here. Why don't you go load up your laser cannons?

There are 57,000 Somali people in our state. He was the first Somali officer in the 5th district. It's a major thing. I think he should got to jail. No body cams on with limited information? Putting slugs in people?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

My husband lived in Edina for most of his life, around 20 years, so I know all about the area directly from him. I've even stayed there for awhile myself when we went back there to visit with his parents and to retrieve his belongings for his move to Oregon, so I'm not clueless and I know what you're talking about with those block parties and very affluent neighborhoods. It's not a place where you'd expect the cops to do something like this. I also know that Minneapolis has a very large Somali immigrant population, although I can't tell if they've assimilated into the Minnesota way of life or not. It had to be a very large culture shock at the least. You're probably in a better position than anyone here to know about that. Yes, the trigger happy cop had to shoot right across the chest of his partner to hit this unarmed pajama-wearing woman. It's not normal protocol to say the least. This Somali cop still refuses to make a statement, as far as I can tell from the national press. The police chief has resigned as well. Something has to eventually make sense out of this mess.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

There is no way to justify it. Now they want to know about her "ambien" levels. Whatever she is on ambien. You just cap her? We ain't happy down here.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'd love to hear any statement at all from officer Mohamed Noor, or even his partner for that matter. Who the hell's on Ambien in this whole thing and why does it matter? :roll:
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

TheWhat wrote:I live in Minneapolis. The area is 50th and France which is attached to an affluent suburb called Edina. You ★■◆●ing useless fat faggots that spend your lives on message boards know nothing of this. I used to hang 2 blocks away for 5 years of my life - nothing ever going on but block parties with your neighbors and piano lessons.

The cop that murdered her shot OVER his partner from the passenger seat of the cop car. That's not protocol, hey everyone let's just shoot a pistol over someones lap! Our police chief resigned and the shooter won't speak to the authorities AT ALL. It's a major deal 'round here. Why don't you go load up your laser cannons?

There are 57,000 Somali people in our state. He was the first Somali officer in the 5th district. It's a major thing. I think he should got to jail. No body cams on with limited information? Putting slugs in people?

I used to live in the ghetto with a lot of immigrants you waste of cockskin.

Don't worry TC, Meaty knows I'm just joking with the cockskin bit.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Tunnelcat wrote:I'd love to hear any statement at all from officer Mohamed Noor, or even his partner for that matter. Who the hell's on Ambien in this whole thing and why does it matter? :roll:
There's a good chance that Noor's 'culture' has struck again:
And so it was very important to the Minneapolis Police Department, and to city officials, that Mohamed Noor succeed. He graduated from a fast-track program to get onto the force in the first place. They had to have him.

But his competence as a police officer was always secondary to his ethnicity and religion. And even if he didn’t graduate, nothing would be done. To have removed him would have been “Islamophobic.”

Noor proved to be an incompetent police officer. There were three complaints against him in two years. A neighbor reported:

He is extremely nervous ... he is a little jumpy ... he doesn’t really respect women, the least thing you say to him can set him off.

When the neighbor heard that Noor was the cop who had shot an unarmed woman, he wasn’t surprised:

When they say a policeman shot an Australian lady I thought uh oh, but then when they said who it was, I was like, "OK."

None of this mattered. Noor could have marched into Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges’ office and announced that she would henceforth be his infidel sex slave, and he would have remained on the force.
https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2 ... ne-damond/

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sure, it's all the evil Muslims. Again. Yawn.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

TheWhat wrote:There is no way to justify it. Now they want to know about her "ambien" levels. Whatever she is on ambien. You just cap her? We ain't happy down here.
x2

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sig ... ng-n786171

Nice. Did you do that ? :E
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Let's see, so far the cause was due to either the victim's Ambien use and that she freaked and slapped the back of the cop car (that she was shot by the driver's door kind of negates this reason) or the fact that the shooting cop was a Muslim and hates women (also negated by the fact that only right wing hate sites have come up with this BS). Until this goes to court, and it probably will since Noor hired his own attorney and has kept his mouth shut, we'll have to wait and see what fleshes out. Meanwhile, the people of Minneapolis have to put up with all this BS, and pay for prosecuting it, instead of the cop who did the shooting just fessing up that he screwed up while trying to perform his duty.

Those well made signs cost somebody a lot of money and effort however Grendel. I'm impressed. Who say's Minneapolis residents aren't creative. :wink:
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

But when a white cop shoots a black person, it’s always racism, so what is wrong with the theory that this man is a women hater?

I don’t buy into either…but fair is fair.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

If this man hated women, he never should've been made a cop in the first place. That tendency should have been a red flag noted by his superiors during training, because he DOES have to deal with women during the performance of his duties. There is such a thing as a background check too, especially for an immigrant from a lawless country like Somalia. If the department failed at that, something needs to change with Minneapolis police training. The woman he shot was definitely not aggressive. Maybe hysterical or in fear, but not violent.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

If this man hated blacks, he never should've been made a cop in the first place. That tendency should have been a red flag noted by his superiors during training, because he DOES have to deal with blacks during the performance of his duties.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Put it this way Spidey. As a female, I wouldn't want to have to deal with a misogynist cop anymore than a white person would want to have to deal with a black cop who hates white people (or visa versa). This kind of bias should be discovered during training, because when a person has a job that entails dealing with the general pubic, they're going to have to suck it up and work with, or interact with, people they may hold biases towards and still be able to perform their job in a civil, professional manner. In other words, not be asswipe jobsworths who shoot people to death for no apparent reason other than hate. :wink:
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Well…you obviously missed my point, that being how the hell do you discover such things during training? If it were that easy we wouldn’t have any racist cops…would we.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sometimes psychological testing or even questioning can determine that, but yeah, you're right that it's hard to catch or weed them out when that someone doesn't want to reveal their true feelings. But unfortunately, once a biased or bad cop gets admitted into the police union club, it's a close brotherhood and it becomes damn hard to purge one of them from the group, even if they're really rotten to the core. Cops tend to circle the wagons around each other like those in any tribe. When a member comes under scrutiny for an inappropriate action on the job, they'll close ranks and protect that member no matter what. Then it's hard to get rid of them for the good of society and the good of the police force because they'll protect each other like brothers.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

So why didn’t his training show that he was some kind of nervous Nellie, that’s pretty hard to hide.

Yea, this looks mostly like a case of quotas gone wrong, went through a lot of this kind of thing decades ago here in Philly.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Maybe the department's training is lacking somehow, who knows? There was that other recent shooting of a black driver by a Minneapolis officer who also seemed to have a nervous Nellie reaction. What will interest me is if the police union protects this guy like they usually do for their own when an incident like this happens, or throw him to the wolves all because he's an immigrant?