The stupid that just makes you stop in your tracks.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: The stupid that just makes you stop in your tracks.

Post by Tunnelcat »

This one violates the 13th Amendment of the Constitution.

https://www.revealnews.org/article/they ... en-plants/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

callmeslick wrote:I don't buy the simulaton idea at all, but just wondered what the reference to proteins folding was about. The process might seem marvelous, but to a biochemist almost pre-ordained chemically, in situ. What was the issue with the folks trying to simulate the process.
Click.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I was always wondering what that was. People on the Nvidia forums were bitching a while back that the newer graphics drivers broke that.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

This is the new freedom meme going around nutty conservative land that "rolling coal" is the best way to flip the bird at Obama, environmentalists and liberals. These immature morons must realize that they still have to breathe the same foul air as liberals don't they? I know exactly where they can shove those tailpipes AND save the environment and the air for the rest of us in one fell swoop. :wink:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... obama.html

https://forwardprogressives.com/rolling ... -of-obama/

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I couldn't resist bringing this one back to the top with these 2 little "examples". Oh brother! :lol:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/couple-crash ... 00646.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-hopes-pr ... 22888.html
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

OK, here's another. I was reading the "Click and Clack" car column in the newspaper today and it got me wondering. How many manual key locks are on my 2 cars? The one car, the Toyota FJ, has manual locks on all the doors. The Subaru only has a manual lock on the driver's door, not the passenger or rear hatch. The gist of the article was a discussion about a dead battery on a 2012 Volkswagen Touareg. Apparently, when these columnists went to look for the battery because it was dead, they soon discovered that it was not located under the hood. Where did Volkswagen put it you ask? Why, in the back in the hatch area. What's the problem with this arrangement? Well, the battery is dead and the back hatch does not have a manual key lock. No key lock, no access. Dead battery? No access. Apparently they couldn't get back there from the inside. So essentially, if the battery is dead, you can't get to it to jumper it if the hatch is locked when it goes dead. There's probably a secret access spot just to get into the rear hatch, but they never mentioned any resolution like that in their article because they'd just got the brand new VW for an evaluation. But it must have been a BIG problem because the the only way it got resolved was to call the VW dealer, who had to come out and drag the car, with locked wheels, onto a flatbed truck to take back for repairs. :roll:
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

“You” think that is stupid, but someone at VW probably thinks that is a brilliant way to force you back to the dealer.

:wink:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:43 pm “You” think that is stupid, but someone at VW probably thinks that is a brilliant way to force you back to the dealer.

:wink:
Scary thing is, you're probably right and it's a deliberate plot to wring more profits out of the consumer. This sort of thing has been irking me for a long time since I like to repair my own stuff, especially my cars. The consumer can no longer obtain paper repair manuals for their own vehicles and most of the manufacturers put their electronic service information behind paywalls. Fixing said car you own is an exercise in frustration when you have to search the net, pay the manufacturer through the nose for information or join a car forum board just to find something out. :x

https://spectrum.ieee.org/green-tech/co ... lectronics