If any Trump fans are even in this forum

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

If any Trump fans are even in this forum

Post by callmeslick »

from another site post of mine:

Ok, pretty common knowledge I have little past contempt for the incompetent Trump administration, BUT: If today is the first indication of Kelly managing course, Trump is taking a major step in terms of sheer political and executive competence. Now, I don't agree with swaths of the proposed legislation, that isn't my point. What I am noting is that Trump 1) proposed actual legislation, as opposed to some nonsense leaving the lifting to Congress, 2)acted on an issue on which few have actually proposed anything, and one that has(like it or not) probably the broadest appeal of any part of Trumps agenda(smart politics, there) and finally 3) sent someone out with the wits to defend it competently. I may not like Stephen Miller, nor agree with him, but the guy is quick on his feet, a forceful fact driven advocate and literally embarrassed Jim Acosta publicly when Acosta proved too stupid to figure that out before putting both his feet into his mouth. Now, I sort of view this as the politcally connected, and savvy Kelly, aware of what the Senate leadership wished to go into(no taste for tax reform right now), steering a savvy course. Mind you, everyone paying attention knows that budget issues, debt ceiling issues and such will be first and foremost after the recess, and Russia isn't going away as a concern, but this is a sliver of political professionalism and noteworthy as it is the ONLY example since day one.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: If any Trump fans are even in this forum

Post by vision »

I actually like some of the ideas in the immigration reform proposal. Not all, but some.

Looking forward to things settling down and we all have talk about policy instead of Trump's antics. ★■◆●'s embarrassing, yo.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I also agree with some of his immigration reform ideas as well and that relates to the very question I was asking in slick's other thread about using foreigners to build U.S. based auto plants.

a topic I mentioned the other day, fleshed out by the NYT

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23973
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

vision wrote:I actually like some of the ideas in the immigration reform proposal. Not all, but some.

Looking forward to things settling down and we all have talk about policy instead of Trump's antics. ★■◆●'s embarrassing, yo.
Ha, don't hold your breath.