a topic I mentioned the other day, fleshed out by the NYT

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

a topic I mentioned the other day, fleshed out by the NYT

Post by callmeslick »

economic in nature, it seems to be out in the press after two months of every wealth manager beating their clients ears about this:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ ... ar-AApjJgR

a lot more meat as to how investors make out while your wages just became worth 10% less.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: a topic I mentioned the other day, fleshed out by the NYT

Post by Tunnelcat »

The Stock Market may be riding high for the wealthy, but wage growth for those traditional middle class jobs remains slow or weak and it will probably never recover since most of this trend is due to automation.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-wage- ... 00443.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

As someone living abroad I am all too aware of this.

What would help make the dollar more valuable? The Federal Reserve raising interest rates?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Why aren't American workers being hired to construct the actual auto production facilities for several of these major automakers who've been touting the fact that, along with President Trump, they are going to or will be be hiring, American autoworkers to build the cars? These aren't illegals from Mexico, but Eastern Europeans being brought in on B1/B2 visas, who take most of their paltry wages back to Europe when the job is done.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.