Two liberals discuss free speech..

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Two liberals discuss free speech..

Post by Nightshade »

...worth noting that these liberals are being shouted down for supporting free speech.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Two liberals discuss free speech..

Post by vision »

Did you watch the whole video? Do you even know who these guys are?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

vision wrote:Did you watch the whole video? Do you even know who these guys are?
I'm interested in hearing who YOU think they are. Describe them for me please.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

So, you don't understand what it is you watch, if you watched it at all? OK, that's what I figured. I guess this was posted on one of your outrage outlets and you, being part of the mindless outrage machine, did you duty and reposted. Thanks for that I guess. Too bad they didn't give you a meaningful commentary to post along with the video, but maybe you get paid by the post so that extra copy and paste takes too much time?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

vision wrote:So, you don't understand what it is you watch, if you watched it at all? OK, that's what I figured. I guess this was posted on one of your outrage outlets and you, being part of the mindless outrage machine, did you duty and reposted. Thanks for that I guess. Too bad they didn't give you a meaningful commentary to post along with the video, but maybe you get paid by the post so that extra copy and paste takes too much time?
The men on the video are Tim Pool (freelance self described left of center journalist) and Sargon of Akkad- formerly a gamer/game streamer turned commentator.

Neither of them are alt-right, "fascist" or nazi.

So you tell me- what do you think they are?
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Nightshade wrote:The men on the video are Tim Pool (freelance self described left of center journalist) and Sargon of Akkad- formerly a gamer/game streamer turned commentator. Neither of them are alt-right, "fascist" or nazi.
So, anyone left of center is a liberal in your eyes? Because Sargon of Akkad isn't Alt-Right, he's a also liberal? Can you define liberal and how each of these guys fit that description and also how they don't fit the description? This should be easy if you are actually familiar with them.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

They call themselves liberal. I'm just interested in what YOU call them.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Nightshade wrote:They call themselves liberal. I'm just interested in what YOU call them.
Sure, but have you actually listened to these guys before this video was handed to you by the outrage machine? Because I have. And from your own quote "Tim Pool [is a] self described left of center journalist." So, he's both a centrist and a liberal? When someone says "left of center" that doesn't mean "leftist" and WTF do you consider a leftist anyway? (Don't answer that, because I know it's anyone that isn't an Islamaphobe).

I'm still not convinced you watched the video. Pretty sure you just posted because you have a sick compulsion. Where is your insightful commentary about the video's content's? We already know you aren't too good with complex thinking, but maybe you can try? LOL.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

vision wrote:I'm still not convinced you watched the video. Pretty sure you just posted because you have a sick compulsion. Where is your insightful commentary about the video's content's? We already know you aren't too good with complex thinking, but maybe you can try? LOL.
I'm not going to go into an exposition about the full content of the video other than to say the commentator and freelance journalist in the conversation explain their positions and philosophies vs what they are observing in movements like antifa and in the the suppression of free speech by antifa and like-minded leftist groups.

I'm interested in hearing about how you (and others here) characterize Sargon and Tim Pool after having watching and listened to what they had to say.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Nightshade wrote:
I'm not going to go into an exposition about the full content of the video other than to say the commentator and freelance journalist in the conversation explain their positions and philosophies vs what they are observing in movements like antifa and in the the suppression of free speech by antifa and like-minded leftist groups.
put another way, two fellows with no clue, no inside information and ideological blinders functionally welded to their heads, opine about things they know ★■◆● all about. What an amusing intellectual exercise.
I'm interested in hearing about how you (and others here) characterize Sargon and Tim Pool after having watching and listened to what they had to say.
I did, and the above sort of sums it up.

Meanwhile 3.2 million citizens are in dire risk, our President calls them lazy, essentially. This nonsensical ideological masturbation means what, why?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Nightshade wrote:I'm not going to go into an exposition about the full content of the video other than to say the commentator and freelance journalist in the conversation explain their positions and philosophies vs what they are observing in movements like antifa and in the the suppression of free speech by antifa and like-minded leftist groups.
That's too bad, I was hoping for more from you. Sargon basically gave these same views on free speech in a podcast I watched a couple months ago. He's a brilliant guy, but there are problems with his argument and he seems to dismiss them as unimportant. He's "generally" right, but more semantically than ethically.

Still I get the sense you only posted this because you saw two centrists (leftists to you) jump on the SJW hating bandwagon and that was good enough to confirm your bias.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

callmeslick wrote:put another way, two fellows with no clue, no inside information and ideological blinders functionally welded to their heads, opine about things they know ★■◆● all about. What an amusing intellectual exercise.

Okay, where did you get that from?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

because the two parties blabber on and ascribe motivations about which they are clearly guessing.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"