Russiagate. Where is it now?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Russiagate. Where is it now?

Post by Nightshade »

Seems it's flipped onto the Clintons.

Note the *crickets* heard from slick. ;)
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Russiagate. Where is it now?

Post by Tunnelcat »

So? It doesn't matter. Paid opposition research is normal SOP.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/24/us/p ... ssier.html

What Trump did was NOT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/12/us/p ... power.html
But while opposition research is part of modern presidential campaigns, it normally does not come from representatives of a hostile foreign power.
Plus, don't forget that some of what's in that dossier about Trump has turned out to be factual. At least one key fact has been verified. So where there's smoke, there's fire. (Everyone will have to click on the BBC link within the link below in order to see the original story. I can't get the BBC link to show up here.)

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /22018849/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

crickets from me because it's fall fishing season. I won't be back long except to note the same old diversions are in play. Mueller's on the case.
Oh, lookee!!! The JFK files!! the Clintons!!......seriously, is anyone really surprised that Clintons campaign, like every campaign I've ever heard about, funded Opp Research?? That they didn't actually dump the dossier, but the intel community seems to have, is telling. They were, true to Hillary form as a campaigner, over-cautious, but the intel experts found it troubling and likely have pursued the contents one by one. Thus far, EVERY ONE has proven legitimate both as to sourcing and content.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Republicans need to look at themselves and their donors on this one too. Apparently an anti-Trump Republican donor also hired Fusion GPS back in 2015 just to dig up dirt on Trump.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/24/the-s ... an-client/
Some clues have been released regarding a Republican who reportedly hired Fusion GPS. According to news reports, that client is a major GOP donor who was adamantly opposed to Trump. They reportedly hired Fusion GPS in Sept. 2015 and paid the Washington, D.C.-based firm nearly $1 million to investigate Trump.
So I've got a question. Why is it that Trump has pretty much universally insulted almost every one of our allies and enemies alike since he's taken office except for the autocrat of one hostile nation. No surprise, it's good old Vladimir Putin.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

This should be fun. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing that orange pile of weapons grade stupid get nailed hard, especially since he went after us on softwood lumber and bombardier.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ferno wrote:This should be fun. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing that orange pile of weapons grade stupid get nailed hard, especially since he went after us on softwood lumber and bombardier.
Yeah, I'm really ticked off about the softwoods tariffs. I need to replace one long section of my cedar fence, and thanks to Trump, I now have to pay a premium for, guess what? Expensive Japanese cedar, and/or inferior Chinese cedar! There ain't no American cedar even in the mix because we're pretty much logged out. It shows you Trump's an idiot.

http://www.businessinsider.com/lumber-t ... nty-2017-4
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

The Canadian soft wood tariff is a prime example of how our government run by corporations is broken and the republican representatives are a bunch of liars. The American lumber industry is unable or unwilling to match the price of Canadian lumber, so they lobby against the Canadian lumber and the republicans respond by imposing a tariff. The same republicans that are always trumpeting free market solutions, eliminating government overreach, and curbing regulatory burdens. But as soon as someone comes whining "but the competition is eroding my profits!", they immediately move to outlaw the competition.

The correct response to Canadian lumber being less expensive than American lumber would be to tell the American lumber companies "it is a free market; compete or die!".
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

You know what's going to happen next? We're going to raise our prices, and you guys will pay more for wood products -- including houses.

Oh and boeing decided to release a series of commercials that were like 'We love Canada!". I wanted to puke.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Ferno wrote:You know what's going to happen next? We're going to raise our prices, and you guys will pay more for wood products -- including houses.
one of the ways I make money is selling timber rights on a rotating basis to a few hundred acres of land. Normal going rate has been around $2500-2800 per acre for my land, which is mostly mature pine. This March, I was selling 160 acres of trees, and RIGHT BEFOREHAND, Lord Dampnut issued his orders around soft wood pricing. I watched the bidding for my timber hit $3200 per acre. So, yes, Americans ALREADY are paying more for lumber right now, assuming my prices are consistent with what others are seeing. You see, it isn't about YOU raising your prices, the entire market, no matter the source, rose in price to US customers.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

note, the desperate and sort of hilarious 'flip to the Clintons' attempt comes just as Mueller is about to start hauling folks into custody. Nothing to see, fake news!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm guessing Manafort's the one who's going to be indicted first on Monday. And I'm also betting that Trump is already getting his "You're fired" finger all loosened up this weekend in preparation for firing Mueller once he hears the news. :wink:

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/ ... ndictments
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

callmeslick wrote:
Ferno wrote:You know what's going to happen next? We're going to raise our prices, and you guys will pay more for wood products -- including houses.
one of the ways I make money is selling timber rights on a rotating basis to a few hundred acres of land. Normal going rate has been around $2500-2800 per acre for my land, which is mostly mature pine. This March, I was selling 160 acres of trees, and RIGHT BEFOREHAND, Lord Dampnut issued his orders around soft wood pricing. I watched the bidding for my timber hit $3200 per acre. So, yes, Americans ALREADY are paying more for lumber right now, assuming my prices are consistent with what others are seeing. You see, it isn't about YOU raising your prices, the entire market, no matter the source, rose in price to US customers.

Isn't protectionism fun? :/
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html

Even though Manafort and his former business partner were the ones indicted by Mueller today, it's George Papadopoulos, a former Trump campaign advisor who secretly pleaded guilty 3 weeks ago to lying to the FBI about the when and where of his meetings with Russian officials during the Trump campaign, who's the first person to really point to a Russia/Trump campaign connection in Mueller's investigation. Tsk, tsk. :wink:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tr ... ng-n815596
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

but Hillary!!! And Fusion GPS(American firm) and the Russian Dossier(compiled by an American firm interviewing allied intel officers). The dancing going on is freaking hilarious. Lock Them ALL Up!!
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

It's Mueller Time.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Hillary is NOT president and never will be president, period. End of story. It doesn't matter if she's still in the news. It's not going to help her. Anything she did in the past to further her chances of getting elected obviously failed, legal or illegal. Get over it Republicans and quit being a bunch of sore winners and just admit that you all were stupid enough to elect an ego-maniacal lying narcissistic moron who can't tie his own shoes or glue his orange hair in place every morning without help. All you're doing is :deadhorse: while your slimebag sitting in the White House is guilty of definitely something. How bad that something is yet to be seen, although the stench emanating from the White House is starting to get very foul.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kellyanne-co ... 05307.html
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

I don't wanna say "I told ya so.." but...

I think I'm just going to sit back and watch it all unfold.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

that was actually cold-ruthless, what Mueller did today. Indicts Manafort and Gates, they knew last night when told to surrender passports. Then, while they are busy working up some indignation, drop the bomb of the other guy copping a plea, and getting to read that he'd been 'actively cooperative' for MONTHS, in the fine print. IE---he might have worn a wire, and definitely handed over a shitload of e-mails BEFORE folks went and testified under oath before the FBI. Also, having thrown the book at Manafort and Gates, the message is pretty clear: cooperate or die in freaking prison. This should get REAL fun, REAL soon for Flynn, Trump Jr, Kushner, and quite possible a LOT more from Pence on down. Get the popcorn, it's Mueller time!!
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Hmm. Is there is a possibility some people in the White House, right now, are compromised and collecting info for this investigation?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Vision: Yup.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Guarantee might be a bit strong, but.......
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/ex-wat ... l-a-crook/
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

here's your 'crickets' NS!!! Play it some more!
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oooooh, Pat Robertson is calling for Trump to just fire Mueller. Someone is getting desperate. :P