Can't discuss

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Can't discuss

Post by woodchip »

Why just tackle em and break their ribs:
Doug Stafford, a senior adviser, said Sunday night that Paul suffered five rib fractures, including three displaced fractures.
And who was the culprit?:

According to the Daily Caller, records with Kentucky State Board of Election show the alleged assailant, Rene Boucher, is a registered Democrat.
In addition to being a registered Democrat, the Daily Caller revealed:

A Facebook account that appears to Boucher’s contains multiple anti-President Donald Trump postings

Boucher shared posts from Occupy Democrats, a popular Facebook page for liberals and progressives

So, like the not so tightly wrapped liberal guy that shot up a inter-partisan soft ball game in DC, we see yet again...can't use dialogue to make them see reason, use the brute force method. A good way to get lotsa of likes on your face book page from fellow nut jobs.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Can't discuss

Post by callmeslick »

dude, he was the next door neighbor. This has less to do with politics than it does with civility and personal beefs.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Yeah, this is why the FBI is investigating. I like how you defend the actions of mentally deranged leftists but get all paranoid about conservatives
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

huh?? Of course the FBI investigates. He a sitting US Senator. It automatically becomes their turf. Try to keep up to speed, although we know it's tough for you.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Maybe Paul needs to take a good long look in the mirror and stop supporting policies that royally ★■◆● over anyone making less than six figures.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Woody, quit assuming that everything is a straight Dem/Rep battle. The neighbor is an anesthesiologist and may perhaps have taken extreme exception to Rand Paul's attempts at repealing Obamacare, who knows? It could even be a Trump/Anti-Trump thing since this country is getting so worked up and polarized all because of our agitator Bully-in-Chief, Donald J.Trump. We won't know until he tells the authorities as to why he assaulted Paul.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

everyone involved seems to indicate(via lawyers) that politics played ZERO role in this. But, lying about obvious truths never stopped Woody before.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Yup and the fact is a flaming nut job liberal saw fit to settle the argument with violence.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It was a yard dispute, something about lawn clippings, planted saplings and unraked leaves of all things. And yes, people can really get ticked off about such stuff. You obviously don't live right next to other people woody, or you'd get the gist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/us/p ... -says.html

This kind of dispute is as common as dirt. Some neighbors can be downright assholes. In fact, I'm going to end up in a dispute with one of MY neighbors. That neighbor has been piling up bark mulch against my west cedar fence for years, like it's her own personal retaining wall, a fence that sits on MY side of the property line and which I paid for. She doesn't own one stick of it. That mulch is now 8 inches deep against the fence and is currently rotting the wood and on her side, my formerly 6 foot fence is now short enough that I can see over it, less than 5 feet tall. Plus they put in a giant basketball court in their back yard when they built the house and didn't grade the slope right or put in proper drainage between our properties.

Now I get their water runoff in my yard AND their mulch against my fence and they refuse to do anything about it. The couple's got the money to solve the issue too, so they're being lazy jerks. I went to talk to her the other day and nicely requested that she tell her yard guys to pull all that bark away from my fence so that I could get my contractor in to replace the fence, thinking that they had accidentally piled it up when putting in new stuff. Low and behold, she was doing it on purpose (which I didn't know) and she refused to move it, saying that having it that deep kept it from washing away. She also had the gall to say that she didn't like the style of my newer fences on the rest of my property and to please match the old style, so I'm stuck and now very PISSED OFF. I can't replace my 20 year old rotted fence because I'm certainly not going to have my neighbor use a brand new fence that she didn't pay for as a retaining wall for her mulch, again. Now I have to go down to the city inspectors, find out the grading and fence codes and talk to them about the issue and I may even have to retain a lawyer to get things solved and it's probably going to cost her far more than if she had just moved the bark and regraded her property like a good neighbor. No one is going to be happy about things now. :x

Oh, by the way, they're both Republicans.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

The senator grows pumpkins on his property, composts and has shown little interest for neighborhood regulations.
Ah yes, sheltered Libertarianism.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The "I can do whatever I want and to hell with what the neighbors think or want." attitude. :P