Boycott the National Felons' League

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Boycott the National Felons' League

Post by Nightshade »

Because highly paid goons that play the game have no clue about what the country stands for. Nor do they know how lucky they are to have the privilege of being citizens.
The NFL announced Saturday there has been “no change” in its national-anthem policy despite a Veterans Day campaign to boycott Sunday’s games over the take-a-knee protests.

Boycott the NFL, a Facebook page with more than 227,000 followers, has called on supporters to tune out Sunday’s games “in solidarity with veterans around the country,” while the conservative watchdog group 2ndVote asked fans to “stiff-arm the NFL.”

“We’re sending the National Football League, its corporate sponsors, and the television networks a message this Veterans Day weekend!” said 2ndVote. “Americans are sick of the disrespectful National Anthem protests that the NFL has not only allowed to continue, but has institutionalized in pregame ceremonies.”
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... em-policy/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Boycott the National Felons' League

Post by Top Gun »

Boycott morons like TB who have no goddamn clue what the First Amendment means.

(And Christ get some better sources already. Or are you a hardcore Moonie nut?)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You know NS, the more you patriot-types whine about it, the more they're going to do it just to tick you off. It becomes entertainment after a while. The lesson here is that ignoring a bunch of protesters is probably the quickest way to stop said protesting. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

I'm basically on perma-boycott anyway. I stopped watching spectator sports as soon as I matured past the age of 15. :P

It's all garbage anyway.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

go Pats!!!
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nightshade wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:07 pm I'm basically on perma-boycott anyway. I stopped watching spectator sports as soon as I matured past the age of 15. :P

It's all garbage anyway.
I only watch my local college team myself, but this year it's hard to stomach. They pretty much suck at football playing right now. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.