Moral Consistency

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Moral Consistency

Post by callmeslick »

demands that Al Franken be gone, if the credibility of the accusations remains as strong as first indications seem.
I, nor anyone cannot pick and choose moral outrage. Gay, straight, conservative, liberal, men or women......victimizing
others is wrong, and deserves to be shunned, en masse, by the public. We seem to be in the middle of a wholesale cultural
sea change around this, long overdue. We should accept that a few 'allies' are going to fall by the wayside, and in terms
of society, that is a good thing.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Moral Consistency

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sadly, I have to agree. But at least he had the temerity to apologize to his accuser for his past behavior and she accepted it. Another recent one has shocked me as well. Say it ain't so Sulu. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/entertain ... index.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Now here's the thing. If Roy Moore doesn't quit the race and actually gets elected by a bunch of hypocrite pedophilia-ignoring voters in Alabama and actually gets seated in the Senate and is then NOT removed by the other Senators, I say Franken should stay. So I hope Franken waits before he makes a decision one way or another. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

he's going the ethics investigation route.....appropriate for a sitting Senator. Moore might have to go through a hearing to be seated, but there is very little precedent, without a criminal conviction(once) or declaring allegiance to a Treason(6 during the 1860s).
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:37 pm Sadly, I have to agree. But at least he had the temerity to apologize to his accuser for his past behavior and she accepted it. Another recent one has shocked me as well. Say it ain't so Sulu. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/entertain ... index.html
I hadn't heard this one. It's really unsettling.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Takai completely denied that one.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

It is amazing to me how many men that find themselves in a position of power want to force women to have sex with them. Can't get them in the sack willingly?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

With the sheer amount of accusations - even if many are true - I can almost guarantee some are false.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:24 am It is amazing to me how many men that find themselves in a position of power want to force women to have sex with them. Can't get them in the sack willingly?
The problem is, most of them get away with it, or think that they can get away with it. What's the first thing that happens when some woman makes an accusation against a powerful man? Immediate denial and then she's called a bald-faced liar who's only money grubbing or out to smear the reputation of that poor innocent man. Guess who's reputation always gets run through the mud? The woman's. It pretty much comes down to a "he said, she said" argument and in most cases, the man is the one who's usually believed. Bill Cosby and BIll O'Reilly are the most recent best examples. Look how long it took to bring down O'Reilly and even with Cosby, the jury's still out. But the prime example is Donald Trump. He just the other day goes after Al Franken on Twitter, but not a peep about that serial pedophile, Roy Moore. Why? Because according to Sarah Huckabee Sanders, those picture are proof that Franken is guilty and there's no physical proof Moore ever did anything, other than the word of all those women coming forth with their stories. Sanders also dismissed similar questions about Trump himself, conveniently forgetting that Trump openly bragged on video to Billy Bush about groping women for the hell of it just because he was powerful and famous and that women would even let him do it. Suuuure. :roll:
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:24 am It is amazing to me how many men that find themselves in a position of power want to force women to have sex with them. Can't get them in the sack willingly?
it seems to be a pure power trip. We're finding it to be a male thing, and I'm not enough of a shrink to figure that one out.
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong