when fascists run the White House

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

when fascists run the White House

Post by callmeslick »

whether it's real, or just a faked propaganda video, it's all ok
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/29/white-h ... real.html?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: when fascists run the White House

Post by Top Gun »

The day this orange piece of ★■◆● dies, I will throw the biggest goddamn party ever.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

He must have been pissed that they were talking about North Korea instead of Donald Trump.

Can we officially add Trump to the Axis of Evil and State Sponsored Terrorist lists?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:43 pm The day this orange piece of ★■◆● dies, I will throw the biggest goddamn party ever.
As will I when the Clintons die.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Nightshade wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:23 pm As will I when the Clintons die.
Tell me, does the false equivalency grate at you even a little bit?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

so, in keeping with the thread theme: This morning, the NY Times is reporting that a plan is afoot to replace Tillerson with Pompeii. Now, let that sink in. We are going to replace the head diplomat with the spy agency chief. That should send CHILLS down the spine. We are going to be, in VERY real terms, fighting facism again in the US, and it's not going to be pretty.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

callmeslick wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:14 am so, in keeping with the thread theme: This morning, the NY Times is reporting that a plan is afoot to replace Tillerson with Pompeii. Now, let that sink in. We are going to replace the head diplomat with the spy agency chief. That should send CHILLS down the spine. We are going to be, in VERY real terms, fighting facism again in the US, and it's not going to be pretty.
Are you talking about Pompeo? I've never heard of a Pompeii, unless you're referring to the volcano. :wink:

Oh, and the vindictive sore loser of an autocrat, The Orange Nutbag, STILL can't let Obama rest in retired peace. I don't think Trump even has a soul worth burning in Hell.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/28/politics/ ... index.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

that's what happens when I post from a phone!! Yes, Mike Pompeo.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Oh, and the vindictive sore loser of an autocrat, The Orange Nutbag, STILL can't let Obama rest in retired peace. I don't think Trump even has a soul worth burning in Hell.

Funny how you didn't like name calling when the Black [Deleted - Racial slur] was in office... or do you think Orange [Deleted] is less racist?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:58 pmFunny how you didn't like name calling when the Black [Deleted - Racial slur] was in office... or do you think Orange [Deleted] is less racist?
Based on the definition of racist... yes? The statement is specist, not racist.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Funny how you didn't like name calling when the Black [Deleted - Racial slur] was in office... or do you think Orange [Deleted] is less racist?
Even though I can't find any references to the word I used as being a racist comment, I changed it to something that cannot possibly be construed as racist and which is probably more accurate, unlike the one you spewed, which WAS a racist comment. Next time, please point it out to me without diving into the gutter and I'll freely correct it. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Back on topic. Here's a good example of what our "president" is currently engaged in instead of running the country for all of us, by keeping around an agitprop remnant from his own campaign, now morphed into what's essentially a presidential ministry of propaganda, also known as "Truthfeed". :roll:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... propaganda
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:35 pm
woodchip wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Even though I can't find any references to the word I used as being a racist comment, I changed it to something that cannot possibly be construed as racist and which is probably more accurate, unlike the one you spewed, which WAS a racist comment. Next time, please point it out to me without diving into the gutter and I'll freely correct it. :wink:
Try calling a black person a baboon and see what responses you get.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

...no one can possibly be this totally oblivious, can they? We have to be on Candid Camera, right?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:22 pm...Try calling a black person a baboon and see what responses you get.

Last I checked, Trump is not a black person, so the reference wasn't racist when it was applied towards him. It's all in the context and who uses it. Now that I've looked into it further, I've found that the word "monkey" IS a racist term when it's used to refer to blacks or other people of color, but ignorance is no defense. My bad, I apologize and I should've known better. I was trying to denote Trump's stupidity when I used it, not his race, so that's why I deleted the word. However, a baboon is not a monkey, but it's close enough of a reference for a black person to take it as a racist insult. Trump? No way. And next time, YOU should know better too. Please don't post the "N" word and I won't post the "B" or "M" words. Are we fine now? :wink:

Woodchip, do you have ANY comment about Trump's little "Truthfeed" propaganda machine I posted in the link above? I'd love to hear your take on it.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:05 pm
woodchip wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:22 pm...Try calling a black person a baboon and see what responses you get.

Last I checked, Trump is not a black person, so the reference wasn't racist when it was applied towards him. It's all in the context and who uses it. Now that I've looked into it further, I've found that the word "monkey" IS a racist term when it's used to refer to blacks or other people of color, but ignorance is no defense. My bad, I apologize and I should've known better. I was trying to denote Trump's stupidity when I used it, not his race, so that's why I deleted the word. However, a baboon is not a monkey, but it's close enough of a reference for a black person to take it as a racist insult. Trump? No way. And next time, YOU should know better too. Please don't post the "N" word and I won't post the "B" or "M" words. Are we fine now? :wink:

Woodchip, do you have ANY comment about Trump's little "Truthfeed" propaganda machine I posted in the link above? I'd love to hear your take on it.
So if I call a white person a ★■◆● it's ok and not racist? And as to your link about Truthfeed, I suspect if I do a search I could find similar sites promoting Hillary or Obama. It's called politics and twisting facts has been going on for centuries. What bugs the Left is that Trump is doing it better than they can do, even without the press helping him.
Oh and TG, you notice the difference in reply's between you and TC? She can take the time to reply as she has a degree of intellectual curiosity and ability that you demonstratively lack.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, blacks call themselves a version of the "N" word all the time. They only take exception when a white person does it towards them. That's when the term becomes racist. If you want to start a separate thread on the merits of this discussion, start a separate thread woody.

As for Trump's "Truthfeed", I dare you to find a similar embedded White House propaganda machine under Obama's administration. Find an example and maybe I'll eat my words. I also dare you to find the "truth" in whatever information comes out of "Truthfeed". Sure, you can point out the national press tends to be lefty biased, but the difference is that they are NOT an extension of the White House and they are NOT under the watchful purview of the president. They may kiss White House ass at times, like under Bill Clinton :wink: , but they aren't controlled or told what to say by the president himself. Remember, Jimmy Carter, a Democrat, was vilified by the national press.That's what's called a "Free Press" and that's the backbone of any Democracy. But when the leader of a nation controls the press, that leader controls what the people hear and it then becomes something autocratic, dictatorial or fascist.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:04 am Oh and TG, you notice the difference in reply's between you and TC? She can take the time to reply as she has a degree of intellectual curiosity and ability that you demonstratively lack.
I should not have to explain to a normally-functioning adult in the year 2017 that calling a person of African descent some form of "monkey" has heinous racial connotations, and has for decades if not centuries. Like, this is absolutely common knowledge. It boggles my mind that you'd even attempt a defense of ignorance on the matter. You are absolutely being disingenuous here. Quite frankly the fact that you'd blatantly use a particular word not once, but TWICE says everything I need to know about your true character. If that isn't grounds for being insta-banned, then I don't know what the hell is.

And don't you dare speak to me about intellect, as you haven't demonstrated a shred of it on here for at least half a decade. I can't even count how many times I engaged you in good faith on topics where you were mistaken, only to see you come back a month later spouting the same nonsense as if you'd never been taught otherwise. If you can't be taught, or much more accurately refuse to be taught, you're not worth wasting any more of my time. At this point I'm left hoping that you and your ilk depart this planet before you manage to ★■◆● anything else up.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Wow...ego much... :lol: