The Pod People commeth...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

The Pod People commeth...

Post by Nightshade »

...or at least the retards that think eating detergent is "fun."

In the first 15-days of the new year, as millennials are on break from overpriced universities, poison control centers across the country have received 39 calls of teens poisoning themselves after they ate the highly toxic laundry pod.

On Tuesday, the American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC) released a statement warning Americans about the “potential poison exposure to single-load laundry packets.”
http://www.aapcc.org/press/83/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
TRUEpiiiicness
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: The Pod People commeth...

Post by TRUEpiiiicness »

I wonder what was going through their heads to make them think that is a good idea
Or they have ran out of ideas on what to make the latest 'fad'
Currently working on Descent: The Countdown Level 22 (Ogep'rgs) (Geometry)
Descent: The Countdown
Normal levels done 21/27
Secret levels done 2/3
Next level to be done: Level 23 (IO Sulphur Refinery)
The grand collection (Only after Descent: The Countdown)
??? ?/?
??? ?/?
Note
Any levels I make are free to use (even redesign) and include in any mission set. Just pm me if you going to do so.

Descent levels be like
Ah yes
Enslaved squares
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: The Pod People commeth...

Post by Tunnelcat »

Because, it's a dare. Teen-aged males, and more than a few females, are hard wired to take a dare if challenged. Put them in a group and the risk of giving and taking a dare doubles or triples. They don't have fully formed frontal lobes until around age 25 and are still essentially stupid morons who think they know everything. It's also not a new Millennial idea either. I mean, why do college fraternities still haze their pledges with dangerous activities, even though there have been recent deaths? Remember the practice of huffing paint or other aerosols, even cleaning products? That one is dangerous and deadly. One that was around when I was a kid was swigging a whole bottle of Vicks 44 cough medicine. Teenagers did it because it contained codeine and got a good high off of it. They would get hooked on it too. The more modern and dangerous cinnamon challenge was all over youtube, despite the risk of getting inhalation pneumonia and suffocating on your own lung's fluids. But this new one, munching on laundry pods, has to take the cake. They might as well swig a gallon of antifreeze and be done with it. Idiots. :roll:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ks/397085/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.