The Russia collusion...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Jeff250, Tunnelcat

Nightshade
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

The Russia collusion...

Post by Nightshade » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:08 am

...with Obama?

Obama’s first year was a golden period for Russia because he didn’t believe in national interests. Trump does. The left inevitably accuses the right of its own sins. Trump didn’t collude with Russia. Obama did.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01- ... -collusion
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: The Russia collusion...

Post by Tunnelcat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Obama's not currently president last I checked. Besides, Putin hated Obama and I think the feelings were mutual. Since you seem so fond of going after retired political figures or pointing out what they did was worse, you're starting to sound like someone used to living in a Banana Republic.

https://www.npr.org/2013/09/12/22177401 ... -get-along

But Trump and a lot of the people around him, especially a couple of former confidants and advisors, personally reek of deep involvement with the Russians in some form or fashion, and most of it is NOT in America's best interests. Manafort was in it just for his own monetary gain because he loved to live the expensive high life and was dead broke when he joined up with Trump, even working for free, probably hoping for some sort of lucrative foreign deal making once Trump was president. Carter Page was actually involved in a Russian spy recruitment attempt. In fact, he's one of the reasons Trump got on the FBI's radar in the first place. Thankfully, Page is a bumbling idiot and not a Russian spy currently sitting in the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/15/politics ... index.html

But most importantly, Trump is best pals with Putin, a vile authoritarian autocrat, a man who murders his political opponents, rigs his elections and tightly controls the media in order to keep his power. Putin has Trump on his ring finger.Trump is even learning from Putin's methods, especially with his attacks on our media, his calls for the investigations of his past political opponents, his lack of loyalty to his own people and his refusals to actually tackle the Russian hacking issue head on. Why should he, it got him in office. In fact, Trump seems to be chummy with a LOT of dictatorial autocrats and tinpot despots and loves to hold them in high regard. How's that good for our country and our Democracy when Trump worships dictators and their methods of running their states? What's worse is that he seems to do it just for money. How patriotic and love of country is that? Here's a case of strange bedfellows I'd never heard of before. :roll:

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opini ... 56341.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:31 am

TB posting another pathetic attempt at deflection from a shit source. Must be Tuesday.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:21 am

fascists deflect. It's what they do.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:10 pm

Anything to deflect from the massive problems their own guy is currently wallowing in, including this epic miscarriage of Democracy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 29570ee710

Trump and Putin sitting in a tree.
K.I.S.S.I.N.G.
First comes love,
then comes marriage,
then comes little Trumptin
in a baby carriage.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Top Gun wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:31 am
TB posting another pathetic attempt at deflection from a shit source. Must be Tuesday.
And TC sources are not shit sources?
Democrats view other Democrats as incompetent ...NPR radio
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:31 pm

No, they have actual journalists working for them, as opposed to raving lunatics and/or Cheeto cock-suckers.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:10 pm

woodchip wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:21 pm
Top Gun wrote:
You sure as heck ain't going to see any of it sitting inside the right wing news bubble-sphere, and I've thoroughly looked. So keep those blinders on while your traitor of a president gives this country away to the wealthy and the Russians. And while I'm at it, what would you be saying if all this was coming out if Hillary was president instead? The screams of impeachment would be deafening.

More of that Russia love, although you won't believe it unless either Fox News or Redstate publishes it.

http://time.com/5126082/russian-spy-don ... elligence/
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 am

Top Gun wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:31 pm
No, they have actual journalists working for them, as opposed to raving lunatics and/or Cheeto cock-suckers.
And were these self same journalists ★■◆● cock suckers when Obama was in office? Again you must be a sad case in real life based on the hate and type of language you use here. Hopefully you don't own any firearms.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:44 am

Tunnelcat wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:10 pm
woodchip wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
You sure as heck ain't going to see any of it sitting inside the right wing news bubble-sphere, and I've thoroughly looked. So keep those blinders on while your traitor of a president gives this country away to the wealthy and the Russians. And while I'm at it, what would you be saying if all this was coming out if Hillary was president instead? The screams of impeachment would be deafening.

More of that Russia love, although you won't believe it unless either Fox News or Redstate publishes it.

And how much opposition to Obama did you see by your news outlets when he was in office? As far as I could see they were a giant kiss ass machine.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:00 am

woodchip wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 am
Top Gun wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:31 pm
And were these self same journalists ★■◆● cock suckers when Obama was in office? Again you must be a sad case in real life based on the hate and type of language you use here. Hopefully you don't own any firearms.
Racist white trash says what?

And no, I don't, because I'm quite satisfied with my dick size.
vision
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by vision » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:53 pm

Woody is super triggered this week. I haven't been following the news. What got his panties in a bunch?
This post may have been edited by moderators for content and delivery.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:56 pm

woodchip wrote:And were these self same journalists ★■◆● cock suckers when Obama was in office? Again you must be a sad case in real life based on the hate and type of language you use here. Hopefully you don't own any firearms.
And I have to comment woody, do you think you're shining example of literacy from what you just spouted above? You're undercutting your own rant. :wink:

woodchip wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:44 am
Tunnelcat wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:10 pm
woodchip wrote:
Top Gun wrote:

And how much opposition to Obama did you see by your news outlets when he was in office? As far as I could see they were a giant kiss ass machine.
There's this example woody. Obama refusing to go militarily attack Russia after their takeover of Crimea. Plus, don't forget your history, WAPO was right about Nixon. They were called a bunch of lefty propagandists until Nixon's little White House tapes finally came out and proved them right, that Nixon WAS doing illegal things. :wink:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... a5569c1114

And a rebuttal.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/2 ... ing-russia

Then there was a bunch of negative press they did about Bernie Sanders. I guess they didn't like him either.

https://fair.org/home/washington-post-r ... -16-hours/
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 pm

Goebbels lives again in two new forms now. First and foremost, there's Sean Hannity. But now we have Devin Nunes running his own "media outlet". Since Trump doesn't like the unflattering mainstream press coverage, he gets around that by having his suckups to create some "not fake" news coverage for him. I can't wait for the 2018 midterms to see what the fallout from all this will be. :wink:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/ ... ite-402097
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:23 pm

"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Burlyman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Burlyman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 pm

Should we really trust the FBI to investigate anything? The United States is waging psychological warfare on its own citizens.
The following minutia is rated D (dumb): "knowledge" of computers, guns, obscure foods, "music," your "job," your imaginary concubines, your opinion of Internet "nerds," your fear of Asian smileys, your apathy.
vision
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by vision » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:35 pm

Burlyman wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 pm
Should we really trust the FBI to investigate anything?
Come up with a better suggestion.
This post may have been edited by moderators for content and delivery.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:10 am

Burlyman wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 pm
Should we really trust the FBI to investigate anything? The United States is waging psychological warfare on its own citizens.

bullshit, and likely based on being fed a diet of fascist propaganda. There is no such thng. Care to even TRY to elaborate?
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Wow, that Deep State crap that's being promulgated on the right is really polluting the minds of their base, isn't it? Scary. Simple minds, so easy to mold and they keep using it over and over again hoping the next time it will miraculously stick. Hannity is spewing that junk so much I can't stand to watch his spiel without throwing something at the TV. Plus he loves to end his little propaganda show with the phrase "Protect Trump Always" (I think). So let me get this straight. The FBI is a hero when they punish or investigate spies, terrorists, bank robbers and other such criminals. But when they go after a Republican in office doing some bad or illegal things, it's all a Deep State government plot. You know, just like Nixon claimed. The next Republican who opines that liberals or anyone but themselves should just take a little personal responsibility needs to shut the eff up and take some of their own advice. :roll:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ade-215274
Burlyman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Burlyman » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Guys it's not a "right" or a "left" thing. Don't fall for the left-right shell game.
The following minutia is rated D (dumb): "knowledge" of computers, guns, obscure foods, "music," your "job," your imaginary concubines, your opinion of Internet "nerds," your fear of Asian smileys, your apathy.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Burlyman wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:59 pm
Guys it's not a "right" or a "left" thing. Don't fall for the left-right shell game.
True.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mon ... 256b10570b

But in this case, Trump's Russia scandal is bleeding out so much evidence that it would be a national crime if the government DIDN'T look into it and perhaps prosecute him, because the man is either being a traitor for the love of money, or else he's being blackmailed into doing Putin's bidding, in which case still makes him a traitor.