The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Jeff250, Tunnelcat

Post Reply
User avatar
Nightshade
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
Posts: 4717
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Nightshade » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Clearly the US is one of the worst offenders. :roll:

Image

https://www.statista.com/chart/12717/th ... n-systems/
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
User avatar
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master
Posts: 7216
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:01 am

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Top Gun » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:53 pm

Yes we should totally be holding ourselves to the same standards as El Salvador and Benin. How about you post a chart showing some of the 80 or so countries doing better than us?
User avatar
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni
Posts: 2474
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 1998 12:01 pm

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Vander » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Yay we build more prisons than Haiti?

Incarceration rate per 100,000 population:

Haiti: 102
Philippines: 140
El Salvador: 541
Zambia: 125
Guatemala: 122
Uganda: 120
Sudan: 50
Bolivia: 122
Comoros: 19
Benin: 77
.
.
.
United States: 693
User avatar
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10874
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Tunnelcat » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:17 pm

A lot of those people filling up our prisons are filled with non-violent drug offenders too. What a waste of tax dollars and lives.

http://www.ibtimes.com/drug-offenses-no ... ns-1047240
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
User avatar
Nightshade
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
Posts: 4717
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Nightshade » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:42 pm

Tunnelcat wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:17 pm
A lot of those people filling up our prisons are filled with non-violent drug offenders too. What a waste of tax dollars and lives.

http://www.ibtimes.com/drug-offenses-no ... ns-1047240
TC... To me, drug "offenders" are filth as well. I sincerely hope addicts die off and are eliminated from the gene pool.

Lock 'em in a room with all the drugs they want and just wait for them to end themselves. That's how angry they make me.
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
User avatar
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Posts: 15234
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 1998 3:01 am
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?
Contact:

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Krom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Then you should probably lock up the doctors and pharmaceutical companies that claimed these opiates were safe and not that badly habit forming which is what actually led to this epidemic in the first place.

Also you haven't the faintest clue how addiction works do you.
User avatar
Nightshade
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
Posts: 4717
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Nightshade » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Krom wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:11 pm
Then you should probably lock up the doctors and pharmaceutical companies that claimed these opiates were safe and not that badly habit forming which is what actually led to this epidemic in the first place.

Also you haven't the faintest clue how addiction works do you.
I'm not talking about "accidental" addicts caused by unscrupulous doctors and companies (which yes, should also be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.) I'm talking about the idiots that go out looking to get high or drunk or heavily intoxicated of their own free will ON PURPOSE with ZERO regard for themselves, their families or anyone they might maim, murder or "inadvertently" kill.

I would change the law so it would state: If you maim someone for life while intoxicated, you get life in prison with no possibility of parole. If you KILL someone while under the influence, you get the DEATH PENALTY. End of story.

Those animals should be put down.
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
User avatar
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master
Posts: 7216
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:01 am

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Top Gun » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Nightshade wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:42 pm
TC... To me, drug "offenders" are filth as well. I sincerely hope addicts die off and are eliminated from the gene pool.

Lock 'em in a room with all the drugs they want and just wait for them to end themselves. That's how angry they make me.
You are ★■◆● filth.
User avatar
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2338
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 1999 2:01 am
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Flatlander » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:17 am

JFC, he really is an authoritarian fascist wannabe.
si vis pacem, para bellum
User avatar
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master
Posts: 7216
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:01 am

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Top Gun » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Seriously, he'd get along famously with the Kim family.
User avatar
vision
DBB Defender
DBB Defender
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:54 pm
Location: Mars

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by vision » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:31 pm

Nightshade wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:42 pm
Lock 'em in a room with all the drugs they want and just wait for them to end themselves. That's how angry they make me.
Not only are you ignorant, you seem to have some emotional problems too.
This post may have been edited by moderators for content and delivery.
User avatar
Nightshade
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
Posts: 4717
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Nightshade » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:36 pm

vision wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:31 pm
Nightshade wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:42 pm
Lock 'em in a room with all the drugs they want and just wait for them to end themselves. That's how angry they make me.
Not only are you ignorant, you seem to have some emotional problems too.
Their addiction(s) are killing thousands if not MORE innocent people in Mexico, Central America and South America. People that just want to work, go to school and get on with their lives.

Leftist Americans seem to think the only bad things done by America are through government intervention- no...most of it is done because IDIOT Americans want to get high and don't care where the stuff to get high comes from- nor who it kills to get it into their veins.

So yes, I'm sick of the druggie Americans that seem to think drugs are "fun" to do.
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
User avatar
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Posts: 15234
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 1998 3:01 am
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?
Contact:

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Krom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:44 pm

Kinda hard to fix the drug problem when conservatives have literally declared war on the kind of social programs and spending that would be the most effective at combating it.

And if you were really upset about violence, you wouldn't be calling for whole groups of people to die now would you?
User avatar
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master
Posts: 7216
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:01 am

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Top Gun » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Nightshade wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:36 pm
Their addiction(s) are killing thousands if not MORE innocent people in Mexico, Central America and South America. People that just want to work, go to school and get on with their lives.

Leftist Americans seem to think the only bad things done by America are through government intervention- no...most of it is done because IDIOT Americans want to get high and don't care where the stuff to get high comes from- nor who it kills to get it into their veins.

So yes, I'm sick of the druggie Americans that seem to think drugs are "fun" to do.
...the only reason the drug cartels still exist is because the royally-★■◆● "War on Drugs" started in the first place. How can you possibly have your cause and effect so ass-backwards?
User avatar
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 10874
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by Tunnelcat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Nightshade wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:25 pm
Krom wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:11 pm
Then you should probably lock up the doctors and pharmaceutical companies that claimed these opiates were safe and not that badly habit forming which is what actually led to this epidemic in the first place.

Also you haven't the faintest clue how addiction works do you.
I'm not talking about "accidental" addicts caused by unscrupulous doctors and companies (which yes, should also be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.) I'm talking about the idiots that go out looking to get high or drunk or heavily intoxicated of their own free will ON PURPOSE with ZERO regard for themselves, their families or anyone they might maim, murder or "inadvertently" kill.

I would change the law so it would state: If you maim someone for life while intoxicated, you get life in prison with no possibility of parole. If you KILL someone while under the influence, you get the DEATH PENALTY. End of story.

Those animals should be put down.
Well, that's a "solution", of sorts. Never mind that addiction is a quirk of the brain most people are born with, but something that few people understand, until it's far too late to do something about. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
User avatar
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
Posts: 14465
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA

Re: The EVIL USA and its overcrowded prisons!

Post by callmeslick » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:36 pm

addiction is a disease. What diseased portion of the populace do we cull from the herd next, Nightshade?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Post Reply