MeltUp

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

MeltUp

Post by bash »

Since an earlier description by me of the Kerry campaign as being in meltdown angered Vander, I figured I'd revisit that and admit it looks like the fickle winds of liberal politics are shifting direction. Again. Goldenboy Dean appears to be losing his untouchable lead in a big way, perhaps as the anger drains from many of his supporters due to a successful prosecution and end-in-sight planning of the war. Kerry seems now to be back in contention (although the guy still creeps me out for some reason, seems too eager to please everyone but not committed enough to make it feel sincere). Personally, I like Edwards. He seems to be the real candidate cut from a different cloth that Dean has been trying to project. I may have to start paying more attention to Edwards.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I wasn't really angry that you claimed Kerry was in meltdown. I just thought your reasoning was asinine. He dropped an f-bomb in a Rolling Stone interview. MELTDOWN! MELTDOWN! Heh! Image
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

It did seem to be an act of desperation to go out of character like that to pander to the Deanie Babies. Who knows? Maybe it worked. Image Maybe it's still melting down but they've put a happy face in front of it and are successfully fooling all of the people some of the time. We shall see. I still think Kerry's a creep. Image
index_html
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by index_html »

I think the funniest thing I've read about Kerry is that his head belongs on Easter Island (hehe, I still like that one).
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I view Dean as a "liberal Bush" in that I could see him forcing his agenda down America's throat, other party be damned. I'm glad Dean didn't win this one, but I could still see him taking it. Dean seems to run almost on pure Bush hatred. That wont take the presidency.

I would like to see Kerry run with Clark as VP.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Before you all assume kerry is the golden boy, remember Iowa is only one state...a state where the dem. winner is chosen by a caucus and not through a general election. Super Tues. will show a better image of the front runner. Also John Edwards is not far behind either.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Dean will take the next non-caucus election.