Rican

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Rican

Post by Dedman »

How long is Rican going to be banned? I realize most times he came off as an arrogant moronic hack, but he was entertaining. I always thought he added a certain spice to the DBB.

Mods, any thoughts?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I bet the ban has been lifted for some time. He probably just got bored with the whole thing.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Heh! Rican actually got banned?
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

I have no clue really. Banning isn't my department. It's been boring here without him though. I can check the forum once a month and still be ok Image
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

I was just talking with my wife about this the other day, and we were both thinking this is a much more pleasant place without Rican. I mean -- I like the guy, but he really bogs down every thread and every argument. If the ban is lifted, maybe it should apply to every forum but E&C Image
Tetrad
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tetrad »

As far as I know, he was banned for a short while for spamming the cafe to try to piss off MD. This was a long time ago though.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yep, he got into a war with MD in the cafe which got Xciter's attention, as far as I know the ban was only one week.

-Krom
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Who is this Rican fellow you're talking about?
Drakona
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Drakona »

Yeah, much as I'm really fond of the guy and all... I like the place better now. It's cleaner and easier to talk.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

I agree, Drak. He pretty much ruined (well, the thread collapse did too) a great debate you me and loth were having on evolution.
Drakona
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Drakona »

Yeah, I know. I kinda wished we could have finished it--I really enjoyed talking with you, and Rican did mess it up. By contrast, it's almost too bad Rican isn't here this time around. I very well might have paid money to watch him and meathead duke it out. Image
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

oh man... I'd put my money on Rican in a cage match, but not by much. Meathead would risk burning out Rican's control-V key...
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I miss rican about as much as I miss havign a root canal done. His arguments were painfully boring to say the least.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Maybe some day I will have as much time as I did last year. Now I work 2 jobs on top of school
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

I took about a week off from the DBB or so because of Rican and his lame antics. When I returned he had been banned and personally I felt the ban was very warranted, not only was he just being flat out annoying to MD, but almost every post he replied to ended up becoming a knock out drag down fight between Bash and him which ended up ruining the thread completely. He was only doing it for the sake of argueing and reading his own words (equiv to listening to himself talk).

The place has been much more quiet and somewhat more organized since he decided to take the hint after his quasi-ban. The only thread that has probably gotten somewhat out of hand is the "Disproving Evolution" one, and even that has carried on in a manner far better then when Rican was here and it contains ideals, theories and topics that always gain a lot of flaming or debate.

Yes sir, It has been very nice without him.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I agree.

Keep the bastard out.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Through Rican leaving, and others, the diversity amongst Ideas here on the DBB has been greatly diminished.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Tell me, Goob, what viewpoints do you feel we've lost because Rican and others have left?

It seems to me that, for the most part, all of the viewpoints are still represented -- just not as vocally or rudely. More than that, since Rican left, I'd say there has been more diversity of opinion expressed -- because people with reasonable intermediate positions can post them without being drowned out. Instead of every thread turning into Rican vs antiricans, more threads involve actual discussion between people who can remain calm and behave like adults. Now, those who agreed with Rican's viewpoints might miss him because now they actually have to defend their points rather than rely on him to bail them out with 3 zillion irrelevant articles -- but for the most part, I'd say this has been a change for the better.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

I agree. I can't count the number of times I quit arguing in a thread because rican destroyed it. ESPECIALLY if he was on my 'side' like in the evolution threads...
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Also he had an tendencey to hound people who tried to reign him in.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Does anyone know if he is still banned? Or did he just go sway on his own after his ban was lifted?
El Ka Bong
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by El Ka Bong »

.. um,.. oh NM (edited)
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

why don't one of you just use his last ip address to find out his name, social security number, current address, phone number and ask him like a good little patriot?

;-0