The Chair

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

At what point is a person's crime beyond forgiveness? That truly is the deciding factor.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

I could forgive somebody if they killed a person in self defense. We all have the right to a kill a person who is trying to kill you. Now, we aren't talking about a bar room fight here, standing up for yourself, and protecting yourself is above and beyond the call of duty in that sort of situation.

When someone starts trying to assault you with a lethal weapon though, this is where that opens up to people getting killed for self defense or else you'll end up being the dead victim.

Personally, I draw the line at violent rape and brutal serial killings, other forms of mass murder. There are a plethora of other things out there that probably would not be forgivable, but I just felt like mentioning those.

Theft, fraud, those kinds of things are easily forgivable all be it not forgettable and the people involved most likely would never regain my trust again. Unless they proved themselves over a very long period of time that they've changed their ways.
Poozilla
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Poozilla »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">Originally posted by Beowulf:
<b> At what point is a person's crime beyond forgiveness? That truly is the deciding factor.

</b></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mutilation, dismemberment, permanent non-functionality, or death of victim would be a "Green light" for me.....

Assault: tie'em up & let victim get a equitable shots in..
Theft: Depends on impact to victims
Rape: Cut off their wee-wee...
White Collar (especially corporate finance)Crimes: Spend yer time in a MAX detention center with only enough protection to stay alive......

Shoku
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Shoku »

Criminals who are habitual â?? repeat offenders â?? or those who show they care nothing about society, but only want to fulfill their desires at any cost â?? these people should be removed. They have proven themselves unworthy of existence. From God's perspective they have demonstrated their lack of love for truth and what's right. Although God does not desire anyone to be destroyed, wicked individuals will be, and should be, eliminated.
Read 2 Peter 8-18. Peter sums up the argument like this:
â??Therefore beloved ones, having this advanced knowledge (that the wicked deserve death), be on your guard that you may not be led away with them by the error of the law-defying people and fall from grace.â?